Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Turns Out People Like To Accessorize and Bejewel Their Phones

Default Turns Out People Like To Accessorize and Bejewel Their Phones

I never bought a case for my first iPhone back in 2007, but I did smack a screen protector on before even leaving the Apple Store. Apparently, I'd be viewed as a minimalist compared to most mobile phone owners.

Geekaphone has done it again. This time they used some data collection and analysis wizardry to dissect the phenomena of mobile phone accessories.

In the last nine months $497 million has been spent on phone accessories in the United States alone. The Geekaphone breakdown shows iPhone users are 9x as likely to spend over $200 on accessories than their Android and Blackberry counterparts. Also, the most expensive phones happen to be Diamond studded iPhones costing as much as $8 million. The most expensive iPhone case is the "GNG Golden Delicious" made of gold and diamonds and retails for $100,000+.

Who owns these things?

Apparently people who want to pay top dollar to be unique (douche-bags). Ninety percent of people surveyed said their phone case was a form of self expression. Does that mean OtterBox case owners are trying to overcompensate for something? And here I thought cases were meant to protect my device, not blind everyone around me when I pull out my phone to tweet or send a text. Cause lets be serious, who actually talks on their phone anymore?

Source: Geekaphone

I like to express myself by being naked!

Something about 1 of the top 5 android apps being AVG makes me laugh a little inside.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe the correct term is Bedazzled lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Apparently people who want to pay top dollar to be unique (douche-bags).
    lol this actually made me laugh

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

$8 million phones, $100,000 cases... if I had that much money to spend on these worthwhile items (sarcasm intended)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drizahy View Post
    Something about 1 of the top 5 android apps being AVG makes me laugh a little inside.
    I facepalmed so hard I left fingerprints on my forehead when I read that (AVG and Tether Pro being top apps, not your comment).

Quote Originally Posted by plcrules View Post
    lol this actually made me laugh
    Mr. Swanson's got some spunk in him today apparently.

OT: Phones are the new fashion/wealth/status statement it seems. It's only natural for people to accessorize their key items in life (houses, cars, watches, clothes, trips, now phones).

personally I think those glitter and jewel things on phones look tacky, eck... iphone4 looks sexy (in terms of hardware) alone

Green Apple
    Thanks

what a waste of money