Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iOS 5 Beta Is Out

  1. #21
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ca3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    120
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    just used icloud back up after updating and i have to saw it worked perfectly. Thats probably all ill use icloud for and i dont need wifi sync

  2. #22
    As far as I can tell, WiFi syncing only works on OSX for now.

    Most people on here need to understand that whining about it not working on Windows is rather pointless at this stage of development. These are DEVELOPER releases. You can more than likely count on one hand how many iOS developers out there are developing on Windows machines, and Apple could care less about them anyways considering one of the 'requirements' for developing for iOS is that you are on OSX.

    So Windows users sit back and wait on your release, which will more than likely be a lot closer to public release.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Blufox View Post
    As far as I can tell, WiFi syncing only works on OSX for now.

    Most people on here need to understand that whining about it not working on Windows is rather pointless at this stage of development. These are DEVELOPER releases. You can more than likely count on one hand how many iOS developers out there are developing on Windows machines, and Apple could care less about them anyways considering one of the 'requirements' for developing for iOS is that you are on OSX.

    So Windows users sit back and wait on your release, which will more than likely be a lot closer to public release.
    I'm fairly certain that to develop for iOS you have to be using a Mac. So Mac only makes complete sense right now.

  4. #24
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I successfully updates to iOS 5b2 on both my iPad 2 Wifi and iPhone 4 GSM. The problem is that I don't see a "Sync over Wi-Fi connection" anywhere in iTunes 10.5b43. I have looking in the summary tab of my devices in iTunes, and no option to be found

    Can anyone assist me ? Thanks!

  5. #25
    Have you done a restart? Seems that a few people had this happen but a restart worked. And make sure you are on 10.6.8 or Lion?

  6. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Have you done a restart? Seems that a few people had this happen but a restart worked. And make sure you are on 10.6.8 or Lion?
    I was actually on 10.6.7, and forgot to update that. Everything with the update worked, except that. Now I have updated to 10.6.8 and all solved. Thanks!

  7. #27
    is anyone having problems with ui-settings for ios5 not showing up?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by theman1232 View Post
    is anyone having problems with ui-settings for ios5 not showing up?
    reboot your phone.

  9. #29
    Default Exchange Question
    Exchange Mail: Can anybody running exchange mail tell me if mail is still limited to only 30 days back, instead of unlimited like in IOS 4...

    Thanks in advance...

  10. #30
    Do you know if your registered UDID will work for all the betas or if you have to resubmit it every beta that comes out?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by k.nitsua View Post
    I heard to do the WiFi sync, your iDevice must be plugged into a charger of some sort... Can anyone confirm this? (This would make sense since it could be problematic if the iDevice were syncing or backing up data and it dies halfway through the process).
    it will automatically sync if the conditions are correct (on same wifi plugged in)
    or u can self invoke it through settings, but it's highly recommended to plug it into a power source

  12. #32
    Green Apple Du Blex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    it will automatically sync if the conditions are correct (on same wifi plugged in)
    or u can self invoke it through settings, but it's highly recommended to plug it into a power source
    I sync my phone on Wi-Fi without it being plugged it. It's just like magic hahaha
    ALL THEY DO IS DRINK, SMOKE DOPE, AND TELL JOKES TO THE OLD FOLKS

  13. #33
    I can see the head lines now
    "Apple restores JailBreakers over the air"

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    It works really well.
    I used it on my ipad 2 without any issues. Plus i was able to sync my phone (tethered) and my ipad 2 (wifi) at the same time. I dont remember being able to sync multiple devices before.

  15. #35
    So I did something really dumb: Updated iTunes to Beta 2 instead of doing my phone first. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to get beta 2 on my phone. I've currently got error 3194 which I deleted Saurik's host info. I've restarted iTunes and that didn't work. If I put my phone into DFU will I be able to bypass that error or would I be better off restoring my phone on another computer and bring the phone back to my regular iTunes afterwards. I'd hate to unistall itunes and re-install all the programs back. Any ideas? Or anyone else successful in this type of screw up. Thanks.

  16. #36
    im pretty sure u need iTunes 10.5 b2 to use iOS5 b2

    other wise it won be recognized.
    why would the iTunes need to be installed after?
    i installed itunes first then updated to iOS5b2
    and much quicker and easier then it was for iOS5 b1

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by energiesource View Post
    Do you know if your registered UDID will work for all the betas or if you have to resubmit it every beta that comes out?
    If your UDID is registered you don't need to register again. All betas will work for your device after your UDID is registered.

    Update on sync: A tethered charge (within range of your wifi network) will auto sync with iTunes if your computer (on the same wifi network) is running at the time of the charge. You don't have to plug in your device for wifi sync to work every time (once iOS 5 goes golden). There is a button in Settings that allows you to manually sync over wifi (untethered).
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

  18. #38
    Read all over twitter that it mentioned in the dev release notes that the iphone beta needs to be installed first...

    Quote Originally Posted by PathKiller29 View Post
    im pretty sure u need iTunes 10.5 b2 to use iOS5 b2

    other wise it won be recognized.
    why would the iTunes need to be installed after?
    i installed itunes first then updated to iOS5b2
    and much quicker and easier then it was for iOS5 b1

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Bears_Fan View Post
    Read all over twitter that it mentioned in the dev release notes that the iphone beta needs to be installed first...
    this was said by apple
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    iTunes

    The version of iTunes that comes with beta 2 cannot sync devices that have the beta 1 software installed. To avoid this problem, do the following:
    Sync any devices that have beta 1 installed to the version of iTunes that came with beta 1.
    Upgrade iTunes to the version that comes with beta 2.
    Connect the device and install the beta 2 software. (Understand that you might see a failure to sync error when you first connect the device.)
    After installing the beta 2 software, restore from your the backup you made in step 1.
    so just sync before updating...
    i dont know, but i installed iTunes before doing anything, then i backed up my phone on the new iTunes (while running iOS5b1)
    and NO ERRORS
    the only error i had was trying to use update instead of Restore...
    now im running iOS5b2 with DreamBoard and Everything

  20. #40
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by happiicamper View Post
    Exchange Mail: Can anybody running exchange mail tell me if mail is still limited to only 30 days back, instead of unlimited like in IOS 4...

    Thanks in advance...
    It's still just 1 month back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •