+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Courts Shaft Samsung, Deny Early Look At iPad 3, iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Round 248 of the Apple versus Samsung legal battle goes to Apple as a US district judge denied Samsung its reciprocal discovery request to get a peak at upcoming versions
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Courts Shaft Samsung, Deny Early Look At iPad 3, iPhone 5

Round 248 of the Apple versus Samsung legal battle goes to Apple as a US district judge denied Samsung its reciprocal discovery request to get a peak at upcoming versions of the iPhone and iPad. Samsung was forced earlier this year to offer up a number of its upcoming products for Apple to get an early peak in a similar ruling.

While the courts seem to have favored Apple in this battle, there are differences in each companies claims. Samsung argued that upcoming products would affect the "total product image," and create consumer confusion between Samsung and Apple products. However, the main difference is Apple's initial complaint involved the infringement of existing products. Samsung's complain involves products that haven't been officially announced by Apple and are the product of rampant speculation.

Also, the court took into account the Samsung products Apple was able to get a look at have also been in the public eye for some time. Samsung even handed out $5,000 of their Galaxy Tab 10.1" at the Google I/O conference. Still, the court left the possibility of future litigation open acknowledging that Samsung could argue its existing products will be sold alongside future iPhone and iPad models.

The carousel continues.

Source: Scribd
    Last edited by Cer0; 06-22-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Samsung denies Apple access to it's display technology.
    iPhone 6 launches without a screen

Really though, iPhone 5 and iPad 3 aren't going to look dramatically different anywho.

It's crazy that on one hand Apple and Samsung can be battling over something, and on the other hand working together like Samsung making screens and chips for Apple.
    Talk about a love-hate relationship

Btw, Samsung Galaxy S II is super sweet. I'm seriously considering making the change if iPhone 5 isn't at least on par with it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

There are and will be more attractive phones out there then the iphones but will the software be better? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post

Really though, iPhone 5 and iPad 3 aren't going to look dramatically different anywho.

It's crazy that on one hand Apple and Samsung can be battling over something, and on the other hand working together like Samsung making screens and chips for Apple.

Btw, Samsung Galaxy S II is super sweet. I'm seriously considering making the change if iPhone 5 isn't at least on par with it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jajuan View Post
    There are and will be more attractive phones out there then the iphones but will the software be better? Probably not.
    Latest Android is very good and getting better. I feel that for the average user, iOS has gotten very stale.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

You have seen the iPhone 5 and iPad 3? How do you know they wont be much different? I am hoping the next gen iPhone is not merely a upgraded iPhone 4(s). I am hoping for a bit larger screen other than that i like the way the iPhone 4 looks. I don't think anybody really has a clue as to what Apple has up their sleeve. Although a lot of the time their upgrades are minimal in all of their hardware. But we can always hope that there is something new and exciting. But we will never truly know until its announced or at least a leaked photo or a prototype "found" at a bar.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Latest Android is very good and getting better. I feel that for the average user, iOS has gotten very stale.
    i agree that I am bored with the operating system to the point I use my phone "as well a phone" for the most part. But on the other hand I recently traveled and left my phone in my car before I got on the plane to Florida. One of my friends let me borrow their old flip phone. To say the least the experience to go back in time sucked. No e-mail or texting was missed the most. It wasn't long before I realized how much I missed the web, music, and well every other thing the iphone does well.

Thanks

[QUOTE=feidhlim1986;6104492]Samsung denies Apple access to it's display technology.

I really dont think so as if samsung would bite the hand that feeds it....
    How many iPhones+ipads have been sold world wide so far.....50 million+
    Too much money to lose just over a legal spat on products...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Honeycomb 3.1 is far more superior then any current version of IOS on the Ipad, I switched from an Ipad to an Asus Transformer and am blown away by the huge difference.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

hahaha. Loser

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    You have seen the iPhone 5 and iPad 3? How do you know they wont be much different? I am hoping the next gen iPhone is not merely a upgraded iPhone 4(s). I am hoping for a bit larger screen other than that i like the way the iPhone 4 looks. I don't think anybody really has a clue as to what Apple has up their sleeve. Although a lot of the time their upgrades are minimal in all of their hardware. But we can always hope that there is something new and exciting. But we will never truly know until its announced or at least a leaked photo or a prototype "found" at a bar.
    I'm going on the basis that the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 aren't dramatic changes in design. Neither are iPad and iPad 2. They get slightly thinner but they still look the same.

iPhone 5 and iPad 3 with still have the home button where it is, the volume buttons where there are, the mute/rotation button where they are, the sleep/wake button where it is, the 30-pin port where it is, the headphone jack where it is and will look their their predecessors.
    Samsung more than likely wanted to see the internal specs of the iPhone/iPad. Not the external design.

Thanks

wait, is this actually Round 248?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going on the basis that the iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 aren't dramatic changes in design. Neither are iPad and iPad 2. They get slightly thinner but they still look the same.

iPhone 5 and iPad 3 with still have the home button where it is, the volume buttons where there are, the mute/rotation button where they are, the sleep/wake button where it is, the 30-pin port where it is, the headphone jack where it is and will look their their predecessors.
    Samsung more than likely wanted to see the internal specs of the iPhone/iPad. Not the external design.
    Your saying from an iPhone 3G/3GS to iPhone 4 was not a dramatic change? And who cares where allthe ports and buttons are I would expect them to leave them because they are fine the way they are. Your. Post is not making much sense.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Your saying from an iPhone 3G/3GS to iPhone 4 was not a dramatic change? And who cares where allthe ports and buttons are I would expect them to leave them because they are fine the way they are. Your. Post is not making much sense.
    Yes I'm saying it isn't a dramatic change. They used different materials but it still looks very similar. I don't consider it dramatic. Could you explain why you consider the iPhone 4 a "dramatic" change in design?

The iMac hasn't changed either much since 2004 with the introduction of iMac G5. Materials have changed and the internals have changed but the overall design is pretty much the same for the last 7 years.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Probably not? You're funny :P, the G2x already has faster, more powerful technology within it... Its only going to get better, I have an iPhone 4 but i have to admit, Apple has run out of ideas, how many years did third-party apps have the functions that the iPhone 4 has yet to get or has just received (i.e Tethering) Now they're just taking the users ideas and implementing them into the latest iPhone, charging like 500$ more for the new device and all from taking ideas and mixing them with apples and a hint of a$$hole.
    Last edited by hailboys3; 06-24-2011 at 03:06 PM.