Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM Begins Laying Off Employees Following Disappointing Financial Results

Default RIM Begins Laying Off Employees Following Disappointing Financial Results

After presenting their quarterly numbers last Thursday, RIM has taken quick action in remedying their "challenging" quarter, which featured limited success for RIM's newest product, The BlackBerry PlayBook, and as reported earlier Josh, a drastic decline in smartphone market share. In the wake of this news, RIM has already started laying off employees.

Reports from Waterloo, Canada state that as many as two hundred employees were notified that they would be laid-off when they arrived to work this morning. Most of the employees are part of the BlackBerry design team. There have been no reports of lay-offs in any other RIM departments, but again, it has been less than a week since RIM announced their results.

RIM is taking drastic and unfortunate measures following extremely poor numbers in the previous months. BlackBerry Smartphone sales were way down this quarter, from $14.9M in sales last quarter, down to $13.2M as reported last week. Electronista adds that the remainder of RIM's 2011 roadmap has been "widely leaked," limiting RIM's ability for a quick financial turnaround.

If this spring is indicative of where the mobile market is going, it is possible that Apple's competitors, particularly RIM and Android (not to mention Nokia) are going to have to make adjustments to keep up. It is very likely these lay-offs are in-part a result of Apple's rising mobile dominance.

Source
    Electronista

its not his fault, its apples

looks like a, you know, advertisment, which is, you know, against the rules, if you read them.

If you arent a bot, then its a forum...
    Last edited by Simon; 06-21-2011 at 02:00 PM.

the thing is..is not ve the most powerfull device is the OS that matters, i see a lot of tablets, phones to be realased talking about the specs 1 spec 2 bla bla but all die, apple can always release stuff with lower specs than the others but apple still wins...why???

IOS

stop working so hard in hardware, get your OS better ---> RIM

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    looks like a, you know, advertisment, which is, you know, against the rules, if you read them.

If you arent a bot, then its a forum...
    its a bot, his operating system is 123456

Quote Originally Posted by Shismoxix View Post
    ]
    also a spambot
    Last edited by Simon; 06-21-2011 at 02:01 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

Simon (06-21-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 15,502 Times in 7,090 Posts

Let's not quote the spambots please fellas
    Thx for the report DD

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (06-21-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Let's not quote the spambots please fellas
    Thx for the report DD
    ok, and np.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it's is only own RIM's fault, Blackberry's are always stucking, freezing, the parts are always needing repair, in the store where I work, most of customer who bring a blackberry look for repair not for service, my boss just got the third blackberry in less than 10 months, and know what? it already came with problem, phone is not charging...

blackberry should improve their phones in quality and their software in stability

Most of the people that I know who owns a Blackberry love it at the first days, but most of them never bought a second one, they changed to another and are much more happy

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

If it wasn't for BBM, BB would be dead as I see more kids with BB's just because of BBM but now that iPhone will have iMessage built in and no need for apps from App Store like Whats App, BB is pretty much dead now.

Switch to Android and put your apps on a Android ROM on a BB to keep in the mobile race.

iOS and Android!

RIM have been kept afloat by he US Govt. - Now they are moving to iPhones (despite security concerns?) RIM are struggling.
    The main concern apart from lack of US Govt. support, is lack of new devices and an old OS - so laying off the design team is a great idea...

BBM is popular in some sections of society - but not ones that actually influence anything. iMessenger will erode that market but that is the least of RIM's worries!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Ba..ha..ha..ha..ha.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fernandop2 View Post

IOS

stop working so hard in hardware, get your OS better ---> RIM
    I couldn't agree more... iOS is just extremely user friendly. Plain and simple. They got me on the phone when the 3G came out and I got an iPad for father's day.

I have been given several free iPhone replacements from Apple and the customer service has been unlike anything else.
    (Phones that I got off Craigslist! Not even purchased by me! I dropped an iPhone 4 and shattered the screen, went in and walked out with a brand new iPhone 4 free of charge)

After installing OSx Snow Leopard on my bone stock HP Pavilion, my next purchase will be a MacBook Pro.
    Last edited by Turnamental; 06-22-2011 at 03:41 AM.
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

I had a Storm for 2.5 years and it was horrid the entire time, other than the first day with all the bells and whistles my other phone had prior to the storm. I held out for the iPhone to be released on Verizon before getting a new phone. They are definitely like night and day, BB's are garbage in comparison. Not only is the OS better, the hardware is no comparison.

I have gone from miserable with my phone, to loving it!