+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Cradle for Golf Club Aims to Improve Swing

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default iPhone Cradle for Golf Club Aims to Improve Swing

Have you spent so much time with your iPhone and other cherished iDevices in recent years that you've fallen behind on the links, causing your golf game to suffer immeasurably? Now there's a new tool that may be able to help. And, yes, it involves your iPhone. I'm referring to iPing, one of the most innovative golf accessories we've seen in a while that's getting a lot of attention from golf pros and amateurs alike.

Ping, the self-proclaimed pioneers of putter perfection, is behind the iPing putter app, which is described as a "free, wireless, go-anywhere putting improvement tool that identifies a player’s stroke type, analyzes their impact angle, and measures their tempo." As you can imagine, the app doesn't do all the dirty work alone. It requires a little thing called the PING cradle, which will run you about $30.

The cradle holds your iPhone 4 (or 4th generation iPod touch) and clips onto the putter shaft beneath the grip. Once you've made an afternoon of putting with this contraption affixed to your club, the corresponding app (which was recording your consistency across several key areas) will help you establish a Putting Handicap, which will conceivably get lower as your game improves.

"Users can also share and compare their results through social media," says John A. Solheim, Ping CEO. “The social aspect and the ability to form a community around it is another exciting feature of iPING,” he said. “Golfers can share their results by emailing friends and posting sessions on Facebook or Twitter. We expect golfers to fully embrace these features as they develop fun and friendly competitions using iPing and their mobile devices.”

Both the iPing app and the Ping cradles will become available on June 20th.

Source: Ping

Thanks

I'm sure it would take a lot more than this to improve my game!

Worth giving a try though if it's available in th UK at a reasonable price.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Razorinthe60s's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Impressive perfect gift for all golfers.
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I'm sure it would take a lot more than this to improve my game!

Worth giving a try though if it's available in th UK at a reasonable price.
    I would use this with my students on the putting green. I'm a golf instructor and excited to get my hands on one.
    Don't allow others to tell you What you Can and What you can't Do. Live that's your only option.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is cool. Maybe I'll pick up some golf now