+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Air Guitar Looks To Melt Your Face

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Ronald Mannak and Colin Karpfinger have already brought a number of best selling air drumming and air guitar products to market in the U.K. Now they have their eyes set
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Air Guitar Looks To Melt Your Face

Ronald Mannak and Colin Karpfinger have already brought a number of best selling air drumming and air guitar products to market in the U.K. Now they have their eyes set on revolutionizing the iPhone Air Guitar Market. Assuming there is one.

The Air Guitar Move, pictured above, utilizes a motion sensing guitar pick attached to the iPhone via the 30-pin dock connection. The accompanying application turns all the air guitar strumming-mayhem into sounds during a free play mode, but will include a Guitar Hero like rhythm game as well. The only problem right now, the duo is attempting to raise $25,000 on Kickstarter to fund the project. Pledging $39 or more will secure you a "black high quality plastic version" which will normally retail for $50. However, if you spend $249 or more you get a limited edition "iron man red anodized aluminum version" with the serial number engraved onto the pick.

This is an interesting and innovative way to approach the genre Guitar Hero so lovingly pioneered, but if Guitar Hero's demise is any proof, more than cool looking hardware will be necessary to succeed.

Source: Kickstarter

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Right now my face is probably melting

Thanks

if Guitar Hero's demise is any proof, more than cool looking hardware will be necessary to succeed.
    GH didn't die though, Activision simply disbanded the specialty division that they created for the product line. They specifically stated that they weren't killing Guitar Hero, just simply putting it on Hiatus for a while. That being said, this could prove to be interesting; however, I don't know if strumming invisible strings will prove to be a very accurate approach to a game concept since there's nothing tangible.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiakariUsagi View Post
    GH didn't die though, Activision simply disbanded the specialty division that they created for the product line. They specifically stated that they weren't killing Guitar Hero, just simply putting it on Hiatus for a while. That being said, this could prove to be interesting; however, I don't know if strumming invisible strings will prove to be a very accurate approach to a game concept since there's nothing tangible.
    so, in other words, it stopped making teh $$$ so they stopped it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess with Rock Band, it may not have been a good competitor... I prefer Rock Band cause I'm a drummer, and I *suck* at guitar.. on Rock Band anyways..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love some of the things on kickstarter especially this one but i feel the price is still high when the item is relying on this to be created. I also like that case by Opsideo which i guess is made in the USA and has real carbon fiber and actually looks nice.