+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bamboo iPhone Speaker Dock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Powerless iDevice speaker docks have become a hot item as of late. Not hot meaning that I notice people buying an inordinate amount of them, but hot meaning that more
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Bamboo iPhone Speaker Dock

Powerless iDevice speaker docks have become a hot item as of late. Not hot meaning that I notice people buying an inordinate amount of them, but hot meaning that more and more are being released despite a lack of demand.

Thats why this iBamboo dock has me so intrigued. In genre of devices that amplify the iPhone's speaker volumes to almost not useless levels, at least his is something interesting to look at. The laser cut, foot-long piece of bamboo, finished by hand uses the unique properties of bamboo to improved the quality and increase the volume of the audio emanating from the iPhone 4's speakers, according to its creators Omelchenko.

No two pieces of bamboo will be alike either, offering some uniqueness to your purchase, which will run you $25 and 30 to 40 days of waiting. While this definitely wont be a last minute fathers day present, it does serve as a viable option for the environmentally conscious iPhone owner out there looking to increase the audio quality of their devices speaker slightly.

Source: gizmag

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is give me a good idea, why not to use a PVC tube with foam inside to improve the quality sound. you can do yourself it, easy!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jrrtps View Post
    This is give me a good idea, why not to use a PVC tube with foam inside to improve the quality sound. you can do yourself it, easy!!!!!!
    Well soft padding would condition the sound, but not amplify. On the contrary, it would insulate the sound and make it quieter.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkengine View Post
    Well soft padding would condition the sound, but not amplify. On the contrary, it would insulate the sound and make it quieter.
    I know that, the foam is not to create eco only, and of course that Iphone has not high exit sound but in this case anything like that improve the quality of the sound and you can create some decorative stuff for your Iphone, use your imagination for that....

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

interesting but useless lol

Thanks

Interesting and NOT useless. I think it's brilliant. Never needs charging, works everywhere...what I don't get is why anyone would buy one instead of simply making it themselves. I like low-tech, low cost-of-materials solutions. Much of the world does not have an Apple store nearby, to say nothing of not being able to afford pricey gadgets. (And no, not everyone who has an iPhone is rich. They are quite common in developing countries.)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vinaygoel2000's Avatar
    Thanks

$25!!! Maybe $5 worth.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    not everyone who has an iPhone is rich. They are quite common in developing countries.)
    Agreed. I have an iPhone 4 and I'm far from rich! Sometimes getting something gnarly takes a little sacrifice.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jiniej's Avatar
    Thanks

true life. of zach and cody.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This should be given out free by Apple.

Thanks

Discovered the other day that a 3G/3GS fits nicely in a plastic pint glass stopping about a quater of an inch below the bottom so does not rest in the dregs and it amplifies quite nicely.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.