Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Developing iNeed-A-Friend Application

Default Apple Developing iNeed-A-Friend Application

Making friends sucks. Especially in real life. You have to go through the painstakingly awkward introductions, the small talk, and then if you realize you don't hate the other person, somehow drop a hint that you want to hang out a gain at some other time.

Not to mention this can take time, effort, and skill most of us lack when dealing with face-to-face contact in this inpersonal information age. Thankfully Apple has the answer according to a new patent application.

The patented application would cull data from other iPhones or smart phones in your vicinity to see if the owner of said device shares common interests with you. The data used to find potential friends would be based on "activities performed on the mobile device, a trajectory of the mobile device (e.g., places traveled), or other public data available from the mobile device (e.g., pictures shared)."

Finally a useful reason for my location data to be stored and known at all times. The service would be an opt-in affair as to avoid a litany of privacy concerns. Still I can't wait till this patent becomes reality. Lord knows something as imperfect as making friends definitely needs the Apple touch to be improved.

Source: USPTO

no no no no no! i refuse to go outside... i just want to stay insade on my laptop, and just keep refreshing modmyi until a new story comes up!!!!... why cant apple just accept that!

LOL this seems strange; depending on how you look at it

errr....friends? FRIENDS!?! FRIEND GOOD! JOSH WANT FRIEND! ME NEVER MAKE FRIEND BEFORE!! APPLE GOOD!! APPLE MY BEST FRIEND!!! *runs in happiness and crashes into a concrete wall* ...but seriously i think apple is just making themselves look bad with this lmao, "lets use our genious powers to make friends =D ", i see the mockings starting all ready =P...

Being so desperate as to go onto a dating website isn't bad enough. Now people can't even find friends so they have their iPhone do it.....

Thanks

Theres an app for that.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

So as not to sound desperate, shouldn't they call it I Want A Friend, or I Want More Friends? Also why does Sam I Am look like a female cyclops linebacker? Is that the kind of friend we want?

This scares me in so many ways... I have to ask if this is actually true though

booty call app anyone?

I noticed that Sam I Am is winking at someone.
    I think a simple wink from "Sam I Am" would
    sufice. After all you could select the person you wanted
    to wink at with a quick scan about the room.
    You would know where they are, (you can
    judge distance for yourself) and there is no
    data plan for a wink, not yet. Take a chance, it's
    safer than driving.

MJJ ; )

MJJ [; {o

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    booty call app anyone?
    lol, that was my first thought too iNeed-a-dtf!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Isn't this just chat roulette all over again?

haha nice and yes omegle

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

They are definitely hitting their target audience with this one.

When I was a boy you had to fight for your friends and fight to be cool, otherwise your azz was over at the short table. This app is nerdfest 2011 when it gets released.

On a side note I'd like to grab me about 50 little emo kids and drop them right in the middle of 1985 and watch them squirm.
    Last edited by one1; 06-18-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Wtf!! ))))) lol!!

I'll wait for the "for benefits" add-on in the Cydia store.