Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Online Apple Store Now Selling Unlocked GSM iPhone 4

For those that are asking about getting your phone unlocked after having purchased it, here is Chronic's response to that

Twitter
    AT&T has told me that if you already own a locked iPhone 4, they are still not able to unlock it for you (at this time)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This still not working with 3G T-Mobile Network

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Expensive!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why does it take so long for factory unlocked iPhones to hit U.S.? We've had factory unlocked 3GS and iPhone 4 since their launches.

I will wait for the next generation iPhone factory unlocked to buy, for now I have locked at&t iPhone4, maybe in the time coming at&t will offer the remote imei unlock for iPhone, just wait......
    Last edited by spider_romeo; 06-14-2011 at 03:59 PM.

Default was it worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Thanks Stray, you know how long I have wanted one, so cool.
    Can you explain why you are so pumped about paying for a $600+ for a phone?

i highly doubt the ip4s will have LTE option. i believe ip5 will as both ATT and Verizon shall be LTE compliant by late 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    She has been waiting for a fully functional iPhone 4 since release day and everyone was locked. Pretty sure thats the reason and the gevey sim wasnt the best she wanted for her iphone.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,045 Times in 6,136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nderosa View Post
    Because I am a Legacy T-Mobile customer and for 3 years I have been chasing an unlock so I could use it on T-Mo, worth the money to me to never have to worry about it any more. To each, their own.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    She has been waiting for a fully functional iPhone 4 since release day and everyone was locked. Pretty sure thats the reason and the gevey sim wasnt the best she wanted for her iphone.

True, I have had 2 ip4's and the lack of GPS using the gevey sim was not worth it to me as I use NAVIGON gps app almost everyday.

So now everyone that has a LOCKED iphone4...just like me... Will apple do something about it? I mean its not FAIR... I think they can do make the NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE to make all iphones UNLOCKED... they just have to put that ON OFF button from the BASEBAND...by saying....

You people think thats posible? By the next Firmware update..everyone else with a locked iphone could be unlocked?

test
    Last edited by eyepoper; 06-14-2011 at 04:55 PM.

its att's choice not Apple. I think apple could care less its in the agreement

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    its att's choice not Apple. I think apple could care less its in the agreement
    Bingo.

In fairness, it would take AT&T all of twenty minutes to have the correct executive make a call to the right guy at Apple and get access to Apple's IMEI whitelist. There's absolutely no excuse for them NOT to, aside from the fact they're too busy rolling in the dough from a large number of iPhone users.

Thanks

Does mean I can call in an get mine unlocked? I didn't get my iPhone 4 through a contracnt.

^Nope

So the golden question now is when will Apple is gonna factory unlocked all out of contract ATT iPhone 4 because I called ATT CSR and the rep told me that they will remote unlock any No Contract Ip4 SOON.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Larzen23 View Post
    I called ATT CSR and the rep told me that they will remote unlock any No Contract Ip4 SOON.
    Much better

Yeah good things keep comin yay!

woah!!!!! nice... what happen when iPhone 5 comes out? is it going to be factory unlocked too?

Here is my conversation with AT&T customer support
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:31 PM
To: Care Follow Up
Subject: Unlocking my iPhone 4 that is carrier locked to AT&T
    Good day,
    I am a longtime AT&T wireless customer and have owned and used 3 Apple iPhones over the last several years.
    My customer information is:
    smitopher
    Account: *xxxxxxxxx
    Phone number: xxx-xxx-xxxx
    My current iPhone 4 is carrier locked to AT&T which I understand to be the case because that the phone was subsidized when I purchased it and agreed to the contract with AT&T for wireless service.
    Apple now offers iPhones in the USA available without carrier lock when purchased without a carrier subsidy.
    As a longtime customer with neither a current intention nor desire to terminate my contract or service with AT&T, I am asking AT&T to remove the carrier lock from my iPhone 4.
    Removing the carrier lock on my iPhone 4 would be useful to me for various reasons.
    AT&Tís customer support have informed me that it is the policy of AT&T to not remove the carrier lock from iPhones locked to AT&T.
    Given that Apple now offers iPhones without a carrier lock when purchased without a carrier subsidy, I find the AT&T policy of not removing iPhone carrier locks on customer iPhones when the contract obligation is completed, or nearly so, to be extremely distressing.* Iím sure that AT&T will face a rising *chorus of customers who have the need or desire to have the carrier locks removed from their iPhone and have fulfilled their contract obligation to demand that AT&T remove the carrier lock.
    If AT&T continues the policy of not offering to remove a carrier lock from an iPhone, it would be an example of customer hostility and bad faith that would motivate me and other sophisticated AT&T customers to terminate our AT&T service.
    If AT&T discontinues the policy and begins a new policy of offering to remove the iPhone carrier lock from a customerís iPhone when *it makes good customer service sense, that would be an indication AT&T was not hostile to me as a customer and acts in good faith to keep me as a satisfied customer.
    As a practical matter, a carrier lock is superfluous as an iPhone can be legally unlocked by a customer with freely available software tools.* AT&T should acknowledge the reality of this and change the policy ASAP.
    I hope this fully explains my feelings on this manner, that AT&T reconsiders the iPhone unlock policy and offers to remove the carrier lock on my iPhone.
    I look forward to your response.
    Thank you
    smitopher

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:40 PM
To: smitopher
Cc: Care Follow Up
Subject: RE: Unlocking my iPhone 4 that is carrier locked to AT&T
    Thank you for your inquiry about the unlock code for your iPhone. All iPhone devices sold by AT&T are designed to work exclusively on the AT&T network.* Unfortunately, AT&T does not provide the unlock code for iPhone devices. If you are traveling outside the US, AT&T provides coverage in more than 200 countries right from your device.
    Regards,
    Care Follow Up Team

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:04 PM
To: Care Follow Up
Subject: RE: Unlocking my iPhone 4 that is carrier locked to AT&T
    This is not an acceptable response.
    The statement:
    ďAll iPhone devices sold by AT&T are designed to work exclusively on the AT&T network.* Unfortunately, AT&T does not provide the unlock code for iPhone devices.Ē
    Is not factually correct.
    The facts are:
    1.****** All iPhones sold by AT&T are IDENTICAL to all GSM iPhones sold by any retailer or carrier.
    2.****** All iPhones sold by AT&T are designed to work on ANY GSM carrierís network.
    3.****** AT&T HAS on a policy exception basis provided carrier unlocks for iPhones locked to AT&T
    What I am demanding is that given the changed environment where:
    1.****** AT&T is no longer the sole carrier by contract with Apple for iPhone sold in the USA.
    2.****** Apple now sells iPhones that are not carrier locked in the USA.
    That AT&T reconsider the policy of not providing unlock codes for iPhones and offer me the ability to unlock the iPhones I have purchased.
    The reality of the situation is that I can legally unlock the phones with freely available software tools.* I would rather that AT&T provide me with an unlock.* AT&Tís insistence on continuing the policy of not providing a carrier unlock for iPhones locked to AT&T is one I find untenable.
    Who can change this policy and how do I contact him or her?

The answer given is the official response to this query. We apologize and understand your frustration; however, there will be no unlock codes provided for iPhones at this time.
    Respectfully,
    Care Follow Up Team

Hope they keep this up and offer the new iPhone unlocked too!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast