Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developer “Shocked” to Learn His Rejected App Now a Feature of iOS 5

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I really doubt "pilfering" is the case here. WiFi syncing was just a natural next step in the evolution of design. And can you really expect the design of the icon to not be so similar? It, too, is a logical design, one that I would have mirrored by simple coincidence. Plus, I've used Wifi Sync, it was unreliable at best with my setup. I would hope Apple would steer clear of unreliable

thats bs

I'm pretty sure he can at least sue for the graphic, probably not the whole thing though (unless they stole his code)

Default This app sucks anyway
    The guys a jerk. Stole my 10 bucks, the app never worked, and he doesn't respond to customer service email. Really ticks me off he's getting this press for a BS app that's already making him ill-gotten money.

Screw him.

DO NOT BUY THIS APP!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

WiFi Sync worked perfectly fine for me with no issues at all

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

They should of at least employed him first before they bent him over with no lube...

yea i'm sure apple plans everything they do well in advance. they really know how to balance and spread everything out. that being said, it is ********. Jailbreak fo' life!

i've said it every update. apple's only worthwhile "innovation" is stolen from the jb community.

and yeah, why can't this guy sue? it's obvious infringement.

Well thats a **** move of Apple. At least what apple should do since a lot of his business is gone is hire him.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CONVBMW's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    Can he not sue for plagiarism? An idea he came up with and implemented into a paid product is now a free product with the same icon through apple.
    Depending on the agreement that he signed when he submitted the app, he might be able to go after then for theft of intellectual property. I have never read the agreement but it might say that "you are S.O.L. if we decide to use your idea".

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Classic

Hmm,Cant u guys See apple's reply.. They said that they looked "had looked at it and were impressed" Of course the looked at the code, He is not a idiot to get shocked on the similar icon n stuff, that line was a funny thing.. Who can stop apple from even copying the code,or similar things? A big Giant n a common man.

Point less to sue apple they will win it. even tho he did make it,

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Well thats a **** move of Apple. At least what apple should do since a lot of his business is gone is hire him.
    They've always done stuff like this, and always will. Like any other multi-billion dollar corporation.

I doubt he can sue. What about the image correcting apps? Since the camera app now has filters and red eye reduction, these developers will certainly lose revenue. I'm sure that somewhere buried in the million page developer agreement is a clause where Apple may integrate part or all of one's app into the firmware. Now, as far as the icon, that is a little messed up. I'd be upset that Apple couldn't "think different" in that respect. It was inevitable that WiFi syncing would come along. Also, I doubt that the code is line for line the same. Either way, he probably doesn't have a leg to stand on. Also, he has sold 50,000 copies, at $10 a pop. With fees and what not taken out, that is still a crap ton of money from one app...

If it was the other way around, apple would definitely sue or at least attempt to.. Time to lawyer up, wait for iOS 5 to come out, and build a case.

IMHO, this developer should be glad to have the chance to make half million bucks for selling an overpriced app that relies on Apple's platform(without paying), that carries a function that Apple was planning to release from day one. Stop crying and go make something really new and groundbreaking.
    Last edited by fishbone; 06-10-2011 at 07:38 AM.

F Apple! Good for him for going through Cydia and making some $$

Funny how so many people criticize Apple for suing to protect its ideas, which are legally protected by patents, trademarks, and/or copyrights. Then, when the shoe's on the other foot, and there's no legal protection (no patent), people say Apple should be sued.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    Can he not sue for plagiarism? An idea he came up with and implemented into a paid product is now a free product with the same icon through apple.
    If he didn't patent the idea... then unfortunately he would have a tough time with anything. If the logo isn't trademarked, again, tough time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast