Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Developer “Shocked” to Learn His Rejected App Now a Feature of iOS 5

Thanks

what about patents?? Man that sux...

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Trust me, he's a bigger crook than Apple is.

didn't the steal mobilenotifier?

It isn't like they stole it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Trust me, he's a bigger crook than Apple is.
    Considering that wifi sync hasn't worked in a long while and wifi sync 2.0 still isn't out, looks like he missed his window of opportunity. he didn't seem to have any problem leaving his users high and dry after the iTunes update for, what, a year?

I hope that Apple has fixed this app because it's been known to have caused lots of problems when installed on iPhones/Computers and attempting restores or updates using iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by subarurider View Post
    I hope that Apple has fixed this app because it's been known to have caused lots of problems when installed on iPhones/Computers and attempting restores or updates using iTunes.
    Well that would be because of the way he did it. Or I should say that iTunes was not built to do it yet so of course it would not be compatible with everything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i would only sue for the Cost Cause he came out with that first, therfore Apple copied him and should at least give him a Percentage of money from that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    Can he not sue for plagiarism? An idea he came up with and implemented into a paid product is now a free product with the same icon through apple.
    Its not a new idea, its just that he was the first one to do it.
    Am firin ma lasah

Thanks

All Apple has to do is show a patent or documentation that they have looked into the feature with previous iOS versions in the past and he will have no case. Also, Im sure there is wording in the SDK that claims Apple can adopt any feature into iOS regardless of weather someone has already developed an app for it without giving credit to anyone.

Surely he wasn't the first to think of syncing over wi-fi, though. I thought something like that had been available for much longer than a year now on Cydia.

But still, 50K copies at 10 bucks each, he's probably made more there than he would have selling it through Apple.

My $99 long dead and gone zune did wifi syncing. This guy didn't invent the idea.

and we thought micro$odt was evil. apple is more evil than evil's mom and dad

Quote Originally Posted by snowdweller View Post
    Can he not sue for plagiarism? An idea he came up with and implemented into a paid product is now a free product with the same icon through apple.
    if i was him id take legal action asap he has a good case.

also isn't this the same guy that made the notifer app because that is also great in love with it!

He should sue them for copyright infringement.

Thanks

His idea wasn't exactly original. Yes, he might have attempted to bring it to iOS before in an app, but the idea isn't new. Wi-Fi syncing was definitely a noted feature with the Zune. (Yes, I actually owned one before I saw the light of the iPhone. ...that and my wife successfully coerced me into looking at iOS devices.) The icon isn't that spectacular either. Not like anyone else could have easily threw together a wi-fi symbol and arrows moving in a circular pattern. Also, like some earlier stated, unless Apple took the exact code that he wrote and used as their own, I don't see him having a chance in suing Apple.

The icon is simply a Wi-Fi logo mixed with a sync logo... I dont really think they ripped him off at all, more coincidence then anything. It's a pretty obvious and generic icon.

Wi-Fi icons: wi-fi - Google Search

Sync icons: sync - Google Search

The icon is simply a Wi-Fi logo mixed with a sync logo... I dont really think they ripped him off at all, more coincidence then anything. It's a pretty obvious and generic icon.

Wi-Fi icons

Sync icons

Why does this page say there are 37 comments, but only one is displayed?

Anyway, as they say, copying is the sincerest form of flattery, and with iOS5, Apple's gone all-aflatter:

iOS5: innovating like a boss!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    His app worked like dogshlt on Windows, (meaning it didn't work at all), and offered virtually no support whatsoever, or no warning that it did so despite knowing this very well. It cost me $10 for nothing. Serves him right.
    +1 on that. The app has been updated in months.
    This message was K1NG approved.

This made my chuckle... of course Apple would do that they HIRED a jailbreak developer for its notification app.

Too bad for him though, I feel for ya

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast