+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Ousts BlackBerry For Top Spot

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Strategy Analytics, a company in market in research consulting, has stated that the iPhone 4 has knocked the Blackberry Bold 9700 off the top as the most popular phone in
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Ousts BlackBerry For Top Spot

Strategy Analytics, a company in market in research consulting, has stated that the iPhone 4 has knocked the Blackberry Bold 9700 off the top as the most popular phone in the market. Holding this position for over a year, Research in Motion (RIM) could not handle the iPhone 4s sales worldwide. The iPhone 4 in the first quarter sold more smartphones than any other company ever.

As Apple's iOS and Google's Android are continuing the skyrocket in market share, RIM's Blackberry is being left in the dust. Although RIM does have three of the top ten models, the Blackberry Bold 9700 plummeted to sixth place in this last round. This is the first time in three years that RIM has not had a model in the top three.

With this at hand, it is crucial for RIM to release some redesigned devices for the business and personal market. Research shows that even RIM is losing out in the business market to other devices even though it has remained leader for most of its existence.

Source(s): Mobiledia

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well that's not surprising. Blackberry needs to release a full out touchscreen phone with a larger display to compete with Apple and Google. And even if that happens, they will have released it so late in the game that it will look like it copied tons of features already present in the iOS and Android.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyydaveyy View Post
    Well that's not surprising. Blackberry needs to release a full out touchscreen phone with a larger display to compete with Apple and Google. And even if that happens, they will have released it so late in the game that it will look like it copied tons of features already present in the iOS and Android.
    Lack of a decent touch screen phone isn't their MAJOR issue. their menu system is archaic and as about badly organized as the old window mobile os. Even with blackberry 6 they haven't managed to make their menus concise. I recently bought and got rid of a Curve because i thought i missed BB. And let me tell you, in simple situations like trying to send multiple pics in a text, is a seriously tedious task.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

obvious, Apple has been kicking rims *** for quite a long time

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

RIM is not going anywhere... Touch screens are so tedious, offen unresponsive, and unreliable! All BlackBerry needs in a front facing camera and a better web browser.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    RIM is not going anywhere... Touch screens are so tedious, offen unresponsive, and unreliable! All BlackBerry needs in a front facing camera and a better web browser.
    you need an iphone that thing is always there for you

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    What touchscreen phone have you been using brother?
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    What touchscreen phone have you been using brother?
    Well I have iPhone4. Some times the touch screen stop responding then all of the sudden starts up going through all I just recently typed. So what he says is true.
    Also blackberry is more secure, why do you always see president of US sports a blackberry?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Well I have iPhone4. Some times the touch screen stop responding then all of the sudden starts up going through all I just recently typed. So what he says is true.
    Also blackberry is more secure, why do you always see president of US sports a blackberry?
    alongside with his iPad 2