+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Considering Designing a New iPhone App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A recent patent discovered this week sheds some light on a project that Apple may be working on. According to sources, Apple is considering designing an iPhone application that would
    Thanks

Default Apple Considering Designing a New iPhone App

A recent patent discovered this week sheds some light on a project that Apple may be working on. According to sources, Apple is considering designing an iPhone application that would show movie times for users based upon their calendar and scheduled plans.

Shown in some patents submitted back in December of 2009, the application would pull location data from the surrounding area to locate multiple theaters. From there, it would take the movies times in question and place them in time slots within the application that does not conflict with other activities. The interface of the application would include open time slots and slots of time where you are unavailable (your calendar or schedule entries would appear). Inside this window, you can view slots that are unavailable to you and see what the events are. You'll be able to delete a calendar entry directly in the application and open another time slot based upon what time your event was before canceling. On top of calendar entries and conflicts, the application would explain to you the best time slot or theater based on current traffic conditions.

Other features include:
    • Sharing movie/plans with friends
    • Links to movie ticket purchasing and trailers

To say the least, Apple is striving to incorporate its innovation in the most user intuitive way as possible. The social elements that take part in this application prop up the fact that iOS 5 is going to truly revamp the way people use their iDevices.

Source(s) AppleInsider

My iPhone is a Part of Me klouud's Avatar
    Thanks

I want to be able to talk to my phone like the people on Star Trek talk to the computer. What I mean is that I would like it to take commands for all functions - home button, call, talk to text, send, find in safari, open and navigate apps, close applications, and find routes with Maps.app.

This is not too far fetched.

What would be really great would be if the phone would make suggestions based on calendar, location, time, and other factors input into the phone such as suggestions for shopping, pit stops when driving, check to do lists, searches in safari, and other stuff like that.

This was sorta off topic... sorry...

tim

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Already done! See VoiceActivator
    This is already done check out VoiceActivator in Cydia. Extends the functionality of the existing voice stuff to open any app or do predefined actions with Activator. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I want to be able to talk to my phone like the people on Star Trek talk to the computer. What I mean is that I would like it to take commands for all functions - home button, call, talk to text, send, find in safari, open and navigate apps, close applications, and find routes with Maps.app.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smallarmsdealer View Post
    This is already done – check out VoiceActivator in Cydia. Extends the functionality of the existing voice stuff to open any app or do predefined actions with Activator. I love it.
    i agree with you, i love it too!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bibi555lc View Post
    i agree with you, i love it too!
    Yea but you cant exactly just say anything you want your iphone to do whiles its on a desk, you have to activate the voice thing with the home button (not to sound lazy). The point of the app is to extend voice commands, but its not necessarily like startrek