Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible iPhone/iPad Update Hints in iOS5

Default Possible iPhone/iPad Update Hints in iOS5

Sources for TUAW say that they may have found possible hints of two iPad 3 and iPhone 5 models within the iOS 5 framework. Found in the USB device files in an unreleased iOS 5, the information found gives credible evidence to the above statement. However, no hints on a possible iPod Touch 5 have been found.

There are declarations in the system files found that reference an "iPad 3,1" and an "iPad 3,2." The same for the iPhone 5 - "4,1" and "4,2" (iPhone 5 is a fourth generation device). As mentioned above, there are no hints of the iPod Touch 5 found in the system files. Based upon this speculation, it may be true that Apple is reserving their September release for the iPhone 5, not the iPod Touch 5.

The article from TUAW made an important note:

Of course, experience has shown that model registrations do not mean that these items always become an actual shipping product. For example, it took almost a year for the iPhone 3,3 (the iPhone 4 for Verizon) to ship, and the iPhone 3,2 never became a product. Sources believe that's because alleged carrier deals probably fell through for a third iPhone 4.
    The coming months will tell if what has been found is indeed true or not. For information to be found in system files however is quite substantial. Expect more updates in this regard in the coming future.

Source(s): TUAW
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 06-07-2011 at 10:51 PM.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

I really... really... would like these devices now lol. At least the iPhone anyways lol.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

This is Garbage..
    iOS 5 BETA 1 for iPhone hands-on - Engadget Galleries....

Look at the Photo about LED Flash for Notification.

That's a Dead give away that iPhone 4S / 5 will have a front LED Light that will be use for notifications like Android handsets.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I think it's dumb that people get excited about "hints of a new device"!!! I mean really?! OF COURSE THERE'S A NEW DEVICE LOL. It would be weird if they DIDN'T find anything in a beta firmware for future products. Apple releases upgrades EVERY year. It's not a miracle.

How so? I have LED text notification right now, wouldn't be too hard to make it flash for all notifications. This uses the camera flash on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoldycheeze88 View Post
    This is Garbage..
    iOS 5 BETA 1 for iPhone hands-on - Engadget Galleries....

Look at the Photo about LED Flash for Notification.

That's a Dead give away that iPhone 4S / 5 will have a front LED Light that will be use for notifications like Android handsets.

Thanks

called it

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I think it's dumb that people get excited about "hints of a new device"!!! I mean really?! OF COURSE THERE'S A NEW DEVICE LOL. It would be weird if they DIDN'T find anything in a beta firmware for future products. Apple releases upgrades EVERY year. It's not a miracle.
    Thats definitely true. However, finding evidence can also put a "date" in perspective because the assumption is that the devices will be coming soon as its framework is embedded in the next upcoming iOS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    Thats definitely true. However, finding evidence can also put a "date" in perspective because the assumption is that the devices will be coming soon as its framework is embedded in the next upcoming iOS.
    I can respect that Touche

I like that you actually read your threads and respond to members. I wish all our writers were as attentive as you Josh!

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I can respect that Touche

I like that you actually read your threads and respond to members. I wish all our writers were as attentive as you Josh!
    Well thanks my good man, I appreciate it. I try my best although I am very busy!

I make responding and checking up on my posts a priority for a couple of reasons:

1. It's important to make that connection between the reader and writer; I'm not a roboto and never want to be! Gotta show that I'm truly a human being.
    2. Also, there are some very insightful people that post and I learn so much for them. Building relationships with them not only helps the present but opens a broader future in terms of relational connection.
    3. I'm not a perfect writer, person, and I may not always act accordingly. Although I strive for the best, I sometimes fall sort. The suggestions/ideas/and criticism has really help me develop into a much better communicator, information gatherer, and writer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua Tucker For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (06-08-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrandFinale2001 View Post
    I really... really... would like these devices now lol. At least the iPhone anyways lol.
    ok, why cant i view the other 8 comments on this thread, this is the only one i see.....wtf

EDIT. Ok after i posted this i was able to see all the comments...is there another way to view all the comments on a thread without commenting?

1) Iphone 2g
    2) Iphone 3g
    3) Iphone 3gs
    4) Iphone 4
    5) Iphone 5/4s

Therefore, The iphone 5 would be the fifth generation. Hence the term we use, 5... Lest we not forget, it is, in fact, the 5th generation. I digress.

Thanks

I believe the iPhone3,2 is the T-mobile version that's been spotted in the wild. Can't wait for September to roll around.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    1) Iphone 2g
    2) Iphone 3g
    3) Iphone 3gs
    4) Iphone 4
    5) Iphone 5/4s

Therefore, The iphone 5 would be the fifth generation. Hence the term we use, 5... Lest we not forget, it is, in fact, the 5th generation. I digress.
    The original iPhone was 1,1 and the iPhone 3G was 1,2...
    Ever since then, each generation has increased the first number by one. Even though it looked completely different, maybe Apple just considered the 3G the same as the original, except with access to a 3G network.

That's why the current iPhone 4 firmware is 3,1.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    1) Iphone 2g
    2) Iphone 3g
    3) Iphone 3gs
    4) Iphone 4
    5) Iphone 5/4s

Yea that's what I was thinking, I don't understand why it's being listed as 4th gen???

Quote Originally Posted by LSZ33 View Post
    I believe the iPhone3,2 is the T-mobile version that's been spotted in the wild. Can't wait for September to roll around.
    nope verizon iphone

Thanks

The iPhone 2G and 3G were so close in specs they are considered the same generation. There was an enormous spec upgrade from 3G to 3GS even though they look the same on the outside.

Interesting, iPhone 5 must be a big deal if they are going to wait until the release of iOS5 to launch it. This is good news for me, since I plan on getting a pair of them when they come out :-) Also, I plan on getting the next iPad, so woohoo? Lol idk.. [/rambling]

iPhone? More like MyPhone iphonogasm's Avatar
    Thanks

ios5 = bad news for lockinfo haha

im woundering if i need to failbreak after ios5 comesout wow
    Last edited by iphonogasm; 06-09-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Theming FTW!

I'm stoked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast