Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Exclusive Breaking News: The iCloud Has Been Breached

Default Breaking News: The iCloud Has Been Breached

We received an exclusive tip from a Robert Petersen that could allows current iDevice owners to access some of Apple's iCloud services a little sooner than expected.

Petersen was able to load up the AppStore and see a new "Purchased" menu, complete with working iCloud download links, as well as in iTunes. Also, in the store settings there are new options for automatically synching Apps and iTunes purchases.

All you need is a Jailbroken iOS device, have iFile installed and to do the following:

• Using iFile browse to System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist and change the current build from 8J2 to 9J2, and the system version to 5.0.0.
    • Save the changes and reboot.

Load the App Store and check you store settings and the changes should have taken effect. I'm currently doing this to my iPhone 4 and will post pictures as soon as I can.

Please attempt this and confirm Petersen's findings in the comments below. He performed his jailbreak on a iPod Touch 4 running iOS 4.3.3. Let us know of any problems or success stories you have implementing this workaround on other iDevices.
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 06-06-2011 at 06:33 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's been working since just after the keynote ended. There were no hacks to perform or settings to change ( iPhone). There is nothing yet for the iPad, however.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Working on iPhone 4 4.3.2

I killed my green poison jb to go up to 4.3.3 and i cloud was working with no problem. Now to pwnagetool to jb again.

Thanks

Trying right now on a 3rd gen ipod running 4.3.2

uh, duh. who's writing these posts? it's been available all day spaz. they announced that it would be...

"exclusive tip"??
    who's checking these posts?

Thanks

What exactly can u do with it tho, all i found was a purchased section, and it said it was not working and temporarly unavailable? So what to do with it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone M3th0s's Avatar
    Thanks

part of the iCloud is already working on 4.3.3, no hacks necessary...
    Just go into settings/Store, and check what you can change there. You will find new options for OTA updates, etc.
    It only takes a few seconds, but if I helped you, say thanks!