+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Article: Apple Unveils iOS 5 with New Features Galore

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank 5 years for a decent (I hope) notification system? Really, apple? AND it sounds like a copy of androids system! Then there's the iCloud that I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purplemonkeyspank View Post
    5 years for a decent (I hope) notification system? Really, apple? AND it sounds like a copy of androids system! Then there's the iCloud that I believe amazon did 1st. What was the tag line from the last keynote thing again? "year of the copy cats" I recall. What a bunch of hypocrites apple are lol. That aside, I'm more annoyed the iPhones UI interface look is still on the ugly extremely outdated grey! I'm seriously starting to lose faith in apples ability to be original....
    Apple failing to be original? I mean they did create the iPhone which is just the phone that each company is trying to copy, no biggie right? I agree that iOS 5 isnt breaking any ground but jeez what else do you want these guys to do? These are things that were missing that everyone wanted, they deliver those things and now everyone still complains lol

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ODB25 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (06-06-2011), Poseidon79 (06-06-2011), WCR4_6 (06-08-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ODB25 View Post
    Apple failing to be original? I mean they did create the iPhone which is just the phone that each company is trying to copy, no biggie right? I agree that iOS 5 isnt breaking any ground but jeez what else do you want these guys to do? These are things that were missing that everyone wanted, they deliver those things and now everyone still complains lol
    You said it!

Funny how people say its not a big update whether its the new iphone or iOS. It amazes me.

Apple could find a cure for cancer and people would still talk **** and hate them!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheOrioles33 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (06-06-2011), WCR4_6 (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

That aside, I'm more annoyed the iPhones UI interface look is still on the ugly extremely outdated grey!
    Oh man, I couldn't agree with you more on that one. I hate that bubbly/ shiny/ happy/ sickening Apple design.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Almost all of the changes have been Cydia tweaks for a while.

Also - will the updates be forced?
    And if so- will they break your jailbreak

OR WILL JAILBREAKING NOT EVEN BE AN OPTION?
    Last edited by Xenthis; 06-06-2011 at 03:04 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple has been disappointing for a very long time now. Since the 3GS, they haven't introduced anything even decent in comparison to Android phones. I have patiently held on to my 3G so I could update to the iPhone 5 (didn't wanna get locked into a contract by buying the iPhone 4), but I think it may be safe to say its time to jump ship. I mean, Apple isn't even updating key things that Android can do!

Android maps is better.
    Android has voice to text.
    No quickreply in iOS5.

These are things I expected to come from iOS5, but I guess not. I absolutely HATE maps on the iPhone, yet I always use maps and voice recognition is key. So what does Apple decide to do? Integrate Twitter (which many could care less for) and copy all other non-essential features.

LOL, Apple completely failed here! Oh wait, I forgot the iCloud, a service to help make people dependent on their servers. Lol, see ya later alliga... I mean, Apple!

Green Apple
    Thanks

What percentage of Iphone/Ipod users use twitter enough for it to have been added? Did apple buy stock in them, and thus wants to make us join? Facebook would have been my first choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ODB25 View Post
    Say what? before the iphones, there were Windows CE phones, Palm OS phones, etc, it's more like Apple copied the ideas and made it better with the touch screen interface. Please research about posting craps, oh wait, you're prolly a 10 year old

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Some of the features have been in the jailbreaking community for years. I'm worried about the OTA updates. I like my jailbreak apps and there are still plenty that won't be available from the new iOS. Having a jailbroken iPhone gives me the option to customize my iPhone to not look or sound like a person that walks or sits next to me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anekin007 For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (06-06-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

LockInfo lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ta84 View Post
    Apple has been disappointing for a very long time now. Since the 3GS, they haven't introduced anything even decent in comparison to Android phones. I have patiently held on to my 3G so I could update to the iPhone 5 (didn't wanna get locked into a contract by buying the iPhone 4), but I think it may be safe to say its time to jump ship. I mean, Apple isn't even updating key things that Android can do!

Android maps is better.
    Android has voice to text.
    No quickreply in iOS5.

These are things I expected to come from iOS5, but I guess not. I absolutely HATE maps on the iPhone, yet I always use maps and voice recognition is key. So what does Apple decide to do? Integrate Twitter (which many could care less for) and copy all other non-essential features.

LOL, Apple completely failed here! Oh wait, I forgot the iCloud, a service to help make people dependent on their servers. Lol, see ya later alliga... I mean, Apple!
    If you look at the screen shots on the apple site you'll notice it says you can reply from the lockscreen or any other app. So it looks like Quick Reply will be implemented in iOS 5.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecksel02 View Post
    If you look at the screen shots on the apple site you'll notice it says you can reply from the lockscreen or any other app. So it looks like Quick Reply will be implemented in iOS 5.
    I saw zero quick reply in the keynote.

Sliding a text message in the Notification Center opens the Messaging app for you to reply, not really quick-reply-ish if you ask me.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tario70 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (06-06-2011)

Thanks

The only area apple is innovating in is the marketing of other people's ideas:

iOS5: innovating like a boss!

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Was hoping maybe for widgets, but at least they've got notifications right and loads of new features

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The OTA updates are delta updates which means it only updates the files that have changes. You don't have to restore and re-write the whole OS. I think that's awesome. They would't ever force an update. At this point there's not a single instance that I can think of anywhere that forces updates... not Windows, not OSX, not Android, not Blackberry. They're not going to open that can of worms with their customers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

WCR4_6 (06-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Petrit H's Avatar
    Thanks

So can anybody explain to me... will we have beta iOS5 or something tonight and should I update if we have one?

thanks in advance guys

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Still no "quick reply" feature... disappointing. Def an improvement though.
    Yea, sucks. I was hoping they'd add that feature in with the new Notifications.
    I do like BiteSMS, but I'd rather iOS have that feature natively

Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 588 Posts

haha.
    looks like someone spent time in cydia

its all good though
    Article: Apple Unveils iOS 5 with New Features Galore-picture-2.png
    Last edited by PathKiller29; 06-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Thanks

I'm guessing that those who are saying that this is a "great update" haven't owned the iPhone since the first release. If you have, then you must of had your head in the sand. I've basically been looking at the same operating system for 4 years now. It's time for a "real" update.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Oh man, I couldn't agree with you more on that one. I hate that bubbly/ shiny/ happy/ sickening Apple design.
    Your sarcasm is both noted and pointless. Did you see mention any of that? I know you didn't but any excuse to try be a smartass, eh, fella  Now you mention it though, what IS apple's infatuation with glossy about? I can't think of a more inconsistent UI look than apple's iOS.

And just so we're clear: how is a dull outdated grey happy and bubbly?
    Last edited by purplemonkeyspank; 06-06-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: 'cos I can...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Mr. Russian's Avatar
    Thanks

wow i cant wait for the update
    it looks and sounds amazing