+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fling mini Delivers Analog Joysticks for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Fling mini Delivers Analog Joysticks for iPhone

You may recall Fling for iPad, the analog joysticks that we covered a few months ago. Well now Ten One Design has introduced a smaller version for the iPhone aptly named Fling mini. The Fling mini is a pair of analog joysticks that attaches to the screen of your iPhone and is designed to give gamers a more comfortable and intuitive way to interact with iOS games. Touchscreens are great for day-to-day tasks, but for some, they don’t offer the best gaming experience possible.

I got a chance to test out a few games using Fling with an iPad at Macworld Expo this year. Using Fling made a big difference when playing some types of games. It gives you better control than when you use a touchscreen alone. You really feel like you’re playing a regular console game when using Fling. I imagine the iPhone version will offer gamers a similar experience to the iPad version.

According to Ten One Design’s website, “Many developers have optimized their game for Fling mini, so you won't have any trouble finding Fling mini compatible apps. Anything with a virtual joystick on-screen will work.” A complete list of games specifically designed to work with Fling mini can be found here.

Fling uses suction cups to attach to the iPhone’s screen and depending what game you want to play, you can either use one or both Fling minis at a time. Fling mini is made of anodized aluminum and flexible engineering-grade resin so it should be able to withstand just about any punishment you can throw at it.

Ten One Design states, “The mechanical spring is tuned for the perfect amount of resistance. You'll discover a new world of precision control the first time you use Fling mini.” Fling mini will be available starting in July for $24.95.

Source: Ten One Design

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

That's too cool. I bet it works way better than using a joystick on a piece of glass that you can't even feel.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandon202215 View Post
    That's too cool. I bet it works way better than using a joystick on a piece of glass that you can't even feel.
    how could it work better? if you look at it, it would cover any buttons you'd have to press. even on a tablet, this wouldn't work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    how could it work better? if you look at it, it would cover any buttons you'd have to press. even on a tablet, this wouldn't work.
    Well check the list of games it works with, im sure they are not going to recommend games that would be obstructed by it.

And this has worked, you can buy these at the apple store for the ipad, they work really well
    You don't like the iPad because you don't have one!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Meh........... not interested in something that covered half the screen. Moreso fail than pass on this one.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Awesome!!! This would be great with my LG g slate tab ,with SNEX, N64oid; games PS.honeycomb rocks