Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ben the Bodyguard Secures iOS Photos, Passwords, and Contacts

Default Ben the Bodyguard Secures iOS Photos, Passwords, and Contacts

A new app, Ben the Bodyguard, now allows users to add a new layer of protection to the sensitive information that inevitably makes its way on to our iDevices. Although other applications have attempted something similar, 'Ben' promises "extreme protection" based on "complex encryption" to almost all of your personal information and media.

The app, which is surprisingly visually appealing for its fairly robust encryption abilities, has a nifty UI with cartoon-style graphics, and is packed with features, including the ability to hide passwords, notes, and log-ins, secure photos in a protected album, keep secret "V.I.P. contacts", and the ability to lock all "critical" data with 256-bit AES encryption. Sounds pretty good to me. In my testing of the app, it seemed to do all these things with relative ease.

The app, released by Nerd Communications, is available now on the app store for a price of $4.99, and is available only as an app for iPhone and iPod touch currently. For many, some of the most critical and personal information is stored on our iOS devices, and five dollars seems like a small price to pay in making sure that information stays in the right hands at all times.

You can check out more about Ben The Bodyguard at BentheBodyguard.com and can download the app from the App Store now. And extra points for the nifty app 'trailer' above.

What a great ad, I'm going to give this app a try!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I wonder if this still works if your jailbroken. I think this app would be useless if you can just use iFunbox to get into the app folder and open them manually. I'll have to check it out and see.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Does it protect videos as well? (no, it's not what you are thinking.... get your mind outta the gutter.)

Does it store the data in it's own data stores? I'd really like something that can encrypt data in it's present location and just add the ability to encrypt certain items. But I guess knowing how controlling apple is, that is probably too much to ask...

I feel like I just watched a teaser for an upcoming TV show.

I watched the video...ummm can i please have my 1:31 back. Horrible. Are we supposed to take them serious?

This looks great