+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's iPhone Doesn't Lead the Pack on Mobile Phone Radiation Dangers

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Given all the recent headlines about the supposed radiation risks posed by mobile phones, one would think that after a long cell phone conversation we can serve as our own
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple's iPhone Doesn't Lead the Pack on Mobile Phone Radiation Dangers

Given all the recent headlines about the supposed radiation risks posed by mobile phones, one would think that after a long cell phone conversation we can serve as our own night-lights. But before you freak out too extensively and wonder if your iPhone will really make your brain glow, a new study actually shows that the iPhone isn't the worst mobile device on the market when it comes to potentially harmful radiation exposure.

As you're likely familiar, this week, the World Health Organization made international headlines when it reversed its longstanding position on the supposed health threats posed by mobile technologies. Thanks in part to a new study sponsored by the organization, a crack team of radiation-savvy scientists discovered that cell phone radiation may be "possibly carcinogenic."

But if you ask the Environmental Working Group, which - according to CNN - is "a lobbying group that advocates on behalf of public health and the environment," you'll find that there are differing levels of radiation exposure threats posed by different cell phones. Where does the iPhone rank among the culprits? Near the middle.

Just in case you're well-versed in radiation, here are the vital stats you need to know. The iPhone 4 logged 1.17 watts per kilogram, better than the 1.19 W/kg of the iPhone 3GS. iPhone 3G came in at 1.03 W/kg. And, in case you're wondering, the FCC has established a legal limit for SAR on a mobile phone, which is 1.6 W/kg. According to the list compiled by the Environmental Working Group, the Motorola Bravo from AT&T just barely beats the limit with 1.59 W/kg.

Source: Environmental Working Group

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

im happy to have an iphone again it finally isnt the worst at something unimportant lol

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

This just in, it is bad to stand in front of a microwave.

My iPhone is a Part of Me RandyTG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Damn then I am in big trouble since I make all my cell phone calls while standing in front of my microwave waiting for my hot pocket to heat up.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The iPhone doesn't increase your risk of a brain tumor. No one uses it for calls.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    HI! Reality here, just thought I'd stop by to drop you this:
    11 Surprising Facts and Myths About Microwave Ovens - 2 - Living Green - Your Life - MSN Lifestyle

although we can take heart that the FDA limits the amount of microwaves that can leak from an oven throughout its lifetime to 5 milliwatts (mW) of microwave radiation per square centimeter, at approximately 2 inches from the oven surface. According to the agency, "This limit is far below the level known to harm people." It's also true that microwave energy decreases dramatically as you move away from the source of radiation. A measurement made 20 inches from an oven would be approximately one one-hundredth the value measured at 2 inches. The federal standard also requires all ovens to have two independent interlock systems that stop the production of microwaves the moment the latch is released or the door opened.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandyTG View Post
    Damn then I am in big trouble since I make all my cell phone calls while standing in front of my microwave waiting for my hot pocket to heat up.
    Oh no, please tell me you don't do this under a skylight where the UV rays can also get to you... you sir... are going to become a human tumor. Good luck with that Peter Griffin head sticking out of your neck. [hopefully someone gets the reference]
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    ha, now i can finally prove to my mom that she was wrong all those years about it "nuking my brain"!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Doran's Avatar
    Thanks

Aren't those phones in the picture Nokias? They look like the Nokia 6340i.... That was my first GSM cell phone with AT&T.... That phone rocked!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    he mad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I heard about the effects of mobile phone radiation on human health and it becomes one of the subject of recent interest and study, as a result of the enormous increase in mobile phone usage throughout the world. Could you please produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.