+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 5 to Feature SIM-less design, A5 processor and 8MP Camera

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Simless would NOT be a good thing for us international folk. Hope that never becomes a reality.
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

Simless would NOT be a good thing for us international folk. Hope that never becomes a reality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    I hate to say it but Apple can kizz my azz....... I'm tired of waiting on them to make a decision and start playing on the same field as HTC, Samsung and Android. Don't get me wrong I still love my iphone, but the 3GS is so dated, and I refuse to upgrade to the iphone 4 knowing that some new iphone will be eventually coming around the corner. I hope that iOS 5 and the iphone 5, 4G, 4GS, or what ever the hell they decide to call it really does knock our socks off, bc I've been an avid iphone user since they first came out, Iv'e got a 3GS, ipad, and ipad 2, and I've got so many apps that its rediculous, but over the weekend I ventured over to the HTC Inspire, and it runs loops around my 3GS. I know some will say the iphone 4 is leaps and bounds above the 3GS, and yes you are right, my wife has one and I'm very familiar with it. But considering I need a new phone now that doesn't suffer from the lag, tiny screen, and terribly dated OS, I think the Inspire fulfils my needs nicely. Sad thing is that I don't miss my iPhone at all. So, come on Apple shock us next week, with something really magical, before you really start loosing dedicated customers.

Follow up......
    I'm really enjoying the Inspire and the Android platform. I've talked soooo much junk to friends and family about how horrible and slow android phones are, based on my experiment with the Nexus One last year, but Android has come a long way in 1 years time, and the HTC phone is great! A little big, sound from speakers is low, but it's fast, and the screen is crystal clear. I can't believe I'm saying this, but only having 1 button- "Home Button" and having to exit the app store just to install an app, is inconvenient and a pain. I can do almost everything on the Inspire that I'd like to do on my jailbroken 3GS 3 times as fast. Only thing that sucks is that AT&T has sent me the text of death, stating I need to upgrade to a 4G plan. Now aint that a B****!!!

So I'm begging you once again.....plllllllleeeeeaaaaase Apple do the right thing with this next iphone.."Give us a great OS and a great phone!"
    No apple with not do the right thing they will make the iphone 5 or w/e it s called be called look exactly the same as the current iphone 4 except with betta specs they only redesign every 2 years thats apple for ya but u shud get the next iphone if u dont care that it looks exactly the same as the iphone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmaderosk8r View Post
    Well you couldnt swap around cards with the 3gs and 4 anyways because of the different sims, but what i think he is trying to say is that it is soo much easier to swap a sim card than having to call att in order for them to be changing the phone. I have relatives with Sprint and they have to call or go into the store anytime they want to use a different phone. Its a hassle, what if you break your screen or home button and have an old phone, well its as easy as getting the sim and inserting it to the old phone and now you have a phone without having to go out of your way to get a new one to work with your number. Ive always loved att for this because sim cards are easy.
    Just to add. I have cut a regular sim and used it in the iPhone 4.

ADF
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I think there are some bugs 'round here. I logged in and all the comments vanished

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone ericwall's Avatar
    Thanks

What the H**L happened to this forum?!?!?!? There are hardly any posts on the news.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Simless would be awesome, I would love a bigger screen aslong as the actual size of the phone doesnt get bigger. Also would love it to still hold weight but be even thinner. Like ipod touch thin and with it being simless that gives it even more possibility.
    That wont happen. GSM network requires a sim card for phones to work on this particular network. the only network that does not require a sim card is CDMA. If this is to remain a world phone, a sim card is very needed as the CDMA network is far and few between worldwide. Just sayin'

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

Trust me they are going a new phone at the WWDC. Its too critical for them not to, they profit the most off the iphone period!! It Will be a new iphone a it will be EPIC!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rcooley617 View Post
    Trust me they are going a new phone at the WWDC. Its too critical for them not to, they profit the most off the iphone period!! It Will be a new iphone a it will be EPIC!!!!
    Ummm its not gonna be epic the new iphone coming is gonna look exactly the same as the current iphone 4 but with betta specs they only redesign after two years not one they did it with the iphone 3g to 3gs so they will do the same thing again just to piss people off

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Same thing for us unlockers. I really don't find it easy to believe AT&T would want to go simless and if T-Mobile will even be with At&T by the time this iphone is released
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks
    Thanked 15,197 Times in 6,977 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Same thing for us unlockers. I really don't find it easy to believe AT&T would want to go simless and if T-Mobile will even be with At&T by the time this iphone is released
    Yup, wouldn't be good for any unlockers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

The one thing to remember about ANY upgrade on the iPhone is that the old components will find their way to the iPad (camera, flash, etc). After paying $654.85 for a 32gb white iPad 2 and getting a camera from a 1st gen iPhone on the damn thing I am (a) less then enthused and (b)waiting to see the iPad with the i4 camera.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,075 Posts

You got a 1st gen camera on it
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Haven't read the whole thread, but no-one's mentioned the little matter of why Apple are doing this - which is presumably to counter unlocking.
    And given that a significant percentage of JB'ers JB for the unlock, it's really a roundabout JB'ing counter-measure, isn't it ?

Trouble is Apple's going to make the device a lot less attractive to a broad swathe of the customer profile - which in my book, translates pretty directly into lost sales.

Difficult to imagine that this is any more than just an ill-founded rumour.
    Surely Apple isn't so hung up on JB'ing that it's prepared to cut off its nose to spite its face.
    Even JB'ers net Apple money.
    After all, if you stop JB'ng, you'll probably lose half of the 10% who JB ... and then you definitely won't sell them any apps through the store.

Gotta be just rumour.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12