Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFaith: World's First Public SHSH Dumper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Not quite true.
    If you buy a phone with a jailbreakable FW you can get the signature files (the already encrypted blobs) for that FW so can always restore that.
    For example, if iOS 4.4 was released and there was no JB but you bought a brand new phone with 4.33 on it and Apple had stopped signing it, without this tool you would be able to JB your device but if you ever had to restore you would be forced to upgrade to 4.4 as umbrella could only get the blobs for FW that Apple are still signing.
    IFaith will let you get the signed blobs off your device for 4.33 so you can restore to that.
    If you bought a second hand phone with 4.21 on it which had never had blobs saved then iFaith will get the signed 4.21 blobs so you can restore to that, in this case you would not be able to restore to any FW between 4.21 and 4.4 as those blobs were never retrieved.
    At least, that is what I believe, I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.
    This will be a very useful tool for some people congratulations to iH8Sn0w for a great job.

Listen Peanut Brain. That's what I said. No phone is unjailbreakable because if you get one on a lower FW you have blobs. (and current fw you already have blobs)
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

So if i buy an iphone thats your able to JB then you do and you save the shsh, then when you have to restore it you just download the 4.x.x that you had and click on shift restore so you can pick that old FW, so it really doesnt matter in that way. What i want to know like One1 mentioned above is that if i buy an unjailbreakable device, then will i be able to dump the SHSH and use older firmware that is jailbreakable? and by the way i know i could find the answer online but what is the latest firmware you can JB WITHOUT having any SHSH files saved?

Thanks in advanced

I have hard time run it , I always stuk in step 3 ( apple logo 0 and keep dumping over and over and nothing happened , I tried 4 time so far ,,,,any help there . THX

Quote Originally Posted by joliano24 View Post
    I have hard time run it , I always stuk in step 3 ( apple logo 0 and keep dumping over and over and nothing happened , I tried 4 time so far ,,,,any help there . THX
    Give it time. It will appear to loop over and over and over. Mine took over an hour to complete.

Just an FYI if you try to build a signed IPSW after dumping the SHSH blobs using this program, you will need to rename your blob file. You must add the ".ifaith" extension in order for the program to see the blob file on your machine.

this doesnt mean that i will be able to downgrade to firmware i dont have shsh blobs for, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Listen Peanut Brain. That's what I said. No phone is unjailbreakable because if you get one on a lower FW you have blobs. (and current fw you already have blobs)
    Please excuse my lack of intelligence.
    Any phone can be upgraded to the latest FW and JB at the moment so are you saying this is unnecessary? Or am I missing something?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

My antivirus showed this as malware... hmmm

but allowed and it worked

sweett
    Last edited by mmaboi21; 06-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Please excuse my lack of intelligence.
    Any phone can be upgraded to the latest FW and JB at the moment so are you saying this is unnecessary? Or am I missing something?
    If you have previusly saved the SHSH blobs yo can upgrade to 4.3.3, but if your phone CAME with 4.3.3 then there is now way to downgrade to 4.2.1 or jailbreak the current 4.3.3 the phone came with.
    Is there any way i can JB a brand new 4.3.3 iphone 4? according to what ive read you dont upgrade your baseband but the phone has the newest baseband available. I need to wait for the 4.3.3 JB right since redsnow is only for previously iphones with old shsh blobs saved?
    Again thanks in advanced.

RedSn0w jailbreaks 4.3.3
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW! This is a great accomplishment.
    Thanks for all the hard work getting this out to us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123