+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung Fires Back, Files Suit Demands To See iPhone 4S/5 and iPad 3

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Two days after a judge awarded Apple an early look at the final products and packaging of a number of upcoming Samsung phones and tablets, Samsung has filed a suit
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung Fires Back, Files Suit Demands To See iPhone 4S/5 and iPad 3

Two days after a judge awarded Apple an early look at the final products and packaging of a number of upcoming Samsung phones and tablets, Samsung has filed a suit against Apple asking to see the same.

Samsung filed a motion Friday night is asking for Apple to turn over the upcoming iPhone and iPad 3 so they can determine any similarities between Samsung devices and Apple's offerings. Anyone paying attention to Apple's actions earlier this week could see this move coming, and you have to think Apple saw the same. So why would Apple risk having a judge rule in Samsung's favor, and having their super-secret secrets turned over to a competitor.

Look what happened to Gizmodo last year when they got their hands on an early version of the iPhone 4. They were banished to Apple hell, where everyone uses a Newton and runs Windows Me. What would the fallout be for one of Apple's competitors...and largest suppliers. It definitely doesn't seem like good business practice to sue your business partners, or to have partners be competitors. What a tangled web we weave.

The big difference between the two suits though, is Apple sued to see products that have already been out in the public eye. Remember Samsung handed out 5,000 Galaxy 10.1 Tablets to Google I/O attendees. Samsung on the other hand is asking to see devices that haven't been viewed outside of Cupertino. The suit is based on a number of assumptions as well. Samsung is assuming Apple may sometime in the future file an injunction, may discontinue previous models of their devices (didn't happen with the 3G or 3GS), and Apple may release a future product. The last claim is only based on rumors as Apple never announces anything till the last minute. A rather good legal move in this case.

If Samsung somehow wins the decision, Apple will surely appeal, and by the time the legal system gets around to figuring everything out a new iPhone and iPad will likely be out.

Source: This Is My Next

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hmmmm......i5 release imminent?

Thanks

Damn right. I say let it out Apple. I'm tired of your mission impossible BS anyway. I'm up for upgrade and I'm ready to go to 4G speeds. I love the iPhone but the most important trait for me is speed. I wanna know if the next iPhone is going to be 4G or not! If not I'm jumping ship!
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

To clear it up, if this *somehow* gets the go ahead by the court (very doubtful) it will only be the Samsung lawyers who see it. Not the public, not Samsung engineers and not anyone else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

this is going to be held up in court that we might see the iphone 6 specs a week early

Thanks

?

please learn to use that fella up there

Banned
    Thanks

Steve Jobs is an @sshole. the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 & 8.9 look NOTHING like the ipad, absolutely no resemblance whatsoever and anybody that claims users can be confused by the two devices is just ridiculous.

One can argue that Samsung Galaxy S phones look like the iPhone 3G HOWEVER, doesn't the iphone 3G look like the Samsung S700 !!!

Apple's answer to competition from Android devices is to NOT make better devices but rather file and endless array of frivolous lawsuits.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 05-29-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Turnamental View Post
    Damn right. I say let it out Apple. I'm tired of your mission impossible BS anyway. I'm up for upgrade and I'm ready to go to 4G speeds. I love the iPhone but the most important trait for me is speed. I wanna know if the next iPhone is going to be 4G or not! If not I'm jumping ship!
    sorry to tell you it wont have 4g "lte" becasue att is not ready for yet and verizon doesnt have lte everywhere yet either soo no point!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I hope Samsung do not back off on this, teach Apple a lesson.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

why show them the iphone 4S just show them the iphone 4 cause its obvious that the phone coming out is gonna look exactly the same just speed differences and camera is gonna be higher megapixels

ADF
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    why show them the iphone 4S just show them the iphone 4 cause its obvious that the phone coming out is gonna look exactly the same just speed differences and camera is gonna be higher megapixels
    And you forgot thinner... Always thinner
    This message was K1NG approved.

Thanks

Hey Samsung, get in line, we all want to see future iDevices before they are released