+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DryerBro: Cause College Is Hard Enough

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Laundry is the bane of every college student's existence. DryerBro aims to make living in a house with four barely breathing roommates a little more bearable. The app is simple,
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default DryerBro: Cause College Is Hard Enough

Laundry is the bane of every college student's existence. DryerBro aims to make living in a house with four barely breathing roommates a little more bearable.

The app is simple, and effective. Users simply set the iPhone on top of the dryer, select the "bros" to call or text when the dryers done, and start the app. DryerBro utilizes the iPhone's accelerometer to detect the dryer's movement, and when it stops moving the app calls or texts the "bros" you selected, alerting the load is done.

The creators of the App were all "bros" at Ohio State enrolled in the same Capstone course, and decided to submit this idea as an alternative project idea. It got approved, and 10 weeks later DryerBro was finished.

The app works. I tried it. Where was is it five years ago when I started college? This is what the App Store, and iOS is all about, finding solutions to everyday problems. I'm positive this is what Steve Jobs imagined when he first dreamed of taking over the smartphone world.

Source: Tech Crunch

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I need to leave my iPhone by the dryer with the lock screen set to never? If someone doesn't steal my phone the battery would most likely die. If I had my own dryer no real need to remember the laundry. Interesting concept but kind of useless if you ask me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Or you can just set the alarm on your iPhone to remind you when your laundry is done.

I mean leaving your iPhone on top of a dryer unguarded in college? You're just asking for it to get stolen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordbrett View Post
    So I need to leave my iPhone by the dryer with the lock screen set to never? If someone doesn't steal my phone the battery would most likely die. If I had my own dryer no real need to remember the laundry. Interesting concept but kind of useless if you ask me.
    ^Exactly^

and in my university the dryers and washers have an option where they actually text or email you, when done.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

And Cause and Because are two different words with completely different meanings... get it right. Try 'cause next time.

Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    Or you can just set the alarm on your iPhone to remind you when your laundry is done.

I mean leaving your iPhone on top of a dryer unguarded in college? You're just asking for it to get stolen.
    That's right! Alarm works fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I guess this is useful if you're not at home and you're doing the laundry and want one of your bros to get to it when it's done, but then who really leaves their iPhones/iPods at home while they're out? What if you were already at home...couldn't you just walk to the next room and check the laundry to see if it's done? If not come back later.

Cool concept, I just don't see the practicality.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

What about all the urgent calls and texts I miss while my iphone is sitting on top of, and probably rattling across (and falling onto the floor) of the dryer?

This is the worst idea I ave ever seen.

MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoob12 View Post
    ^Exactly^

and in my university the dryers and washers have an option where they actually text or email you, when done.
    That's awesome. I wish they would have had that in my dorms.

Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    What about all the urgent calls and texts I miss while my iphone is sitting on top of, and probably rattling across (and falling onto the floor) of the dryer?

This is the worst idea I ave ever seen.
    Haha, go check out their website. You'll understand how serious they take their app. It's quite refreshing. Some very funny, and entertaining guys.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow. I already feel naked without my phone already. Why leave my phone on top of a dryer? I get phone calls/texts all day... I guess I could call back my missed calls and apologize that my phone was too busy monitoring my dryer.

Thanks

All I can say is Really?! Really?!

Thanks

If your phone is on top of the dryer then how do you get a text or a call? So you have to have another phone or device in order to receive your message because even if you were close enough to hear your phone ringing on top of the dryer then you could more than likely hear the dryer buzzer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Useless. This post and the app. Please post something really useful next time. >_>

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just another useless app taking up App Store space.

Alarm > Leaving your phone to miss calls/texts/games/etc etc etc. ugh

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I guess i'll be stealing lots of new iPhones at my local dorm...

Thanks

I guess this might be useful if I was a lazy, selfish, ignorant ***** and didn't want to be bothered getting my own 'tighty whities' out of the laundry when they were done so that my 'bros' could dry their stuff.

Could be handy if I was too busy playing my xbox360/ps3 to worry about sharing the dryer. Now my phone can phone my 'bros' and they can shuffle the laundry around. Of course, if I was on the receiving end, I'd come get my laundry and 'accidentally' drop my 'bros' iphone in the washer and play dumb. You're asking for it leaving your iphone sitting unattended on a dryer -- even if it is in an enclosed dorm room. This is a huge slap-in-the-face to your 'bros.'

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This app would be great for whores. You tape your iphone to your ***, and when you're done banging the fat slob you met at the bar it could call her a taxi. haha

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

"Cause college is hard enough" LMFAO! Are these lame guys actually comparing the difficulty of doing laundry and attending college? This app actually promotes iPhone theft.
    Last edited by xclusiveiphone; 06-04-2011 at 01:49 PM.