Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sues White iPhone Mod Kid, Requests Permission to Swirly

That's it...no more Apple products for me. As long as the parts weren't stolen this is ridiculous. The only Apple product I have bought until now is the iTouch, because that and the iPhone are the only things I could see being useful, but the iPhone is expensive. But now, no more. I am boycotting all Apple products because I am not going to support this filthy company. No more upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by syedsufyan View Post
    First of all, Apple has no right to hack into some dudes email account and read all his emails. Second, why would Steve Wozniak buy one if he was going to sue him for it?
    I'm pretty sure the WOZ has nothing to do with the lawsuit, just the pr!ck he started Apple with. You know the front man who now takes medical leaves for long stints but always finds the will somehow to rise up from his deathbed to show up for the press release conference's to reveal the new products as if he did the work himself. Sorry if you don't like my opinion. And I know it's harsh(oh well I'm sure Steve-O's feelings won't be hurt). He's laughing all the way to the bank. Just so tired of big companies taking aim at the little guy. Especially the company that once promoted itself as the anti-big company.

Thanks

Leave it to apple...

Undisputed Theme Champ AnthonyGiola's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 853 Posts

I think they should take away 50 grand of that. The lil bastard knew he was basically stealing... Kids these days think every god damn thing that isn't drilled to the floor is theirs.

Why is it everyone gets so worked up over apple protecting their intellectual property? If you don't believe in protecting your intellectual property then please create something that everyone wants and I'll find a way to take it and make a profit from it. But you aren't allowed to sue me because you don't believe in it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Just another example of Apple's arrogance! They're making billions of dollars in profit monthly and they're worried about a teenager offering a white iPhone 4 kit. Unreal. If Apple didn't **** around for almost a year with the white iPhone this would've never happened.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

The fact of the matter is that the kid was leeching from a big corporation by using their logo (without permission) and getting parts from a Foxconn employee, both are illegal. I don't wish anything bad for the kid, but what he did was against the law and Apple has the right to sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady6 View Post
    Why is it everyone gets so worked up over apple protecting their intellectual property? If you don't believe in protecting your intellectual property then please create something that everyone wants and I'll find a way to take it and make a profit from it. But you aren't allowed to sue me because you don't believe in it.
    Exactly! If Apple just let this one slip then ppl would see that and do the same thing. If you want to sell something with your own logo on it then go right ahead, but using someone else's to gain a profit is illegal.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 05-27-2011 at 08:52 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

It was kind of obvious. He shouldve expected it.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Just another example of Apple's arrogance! They're making billions of dollars in profit monthly and they're worried about a teenager offering a white iPhone 4 kit. Unreal. If Apple didn't **** around for almost a year with the white iPhone this would've never happened.
    Yeah protecting their name, logo, and product is really arrogant.........

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Where is the lawsuit for the Foxconn employee or the seller? For Apple to get their hands on the emails between the kid & the seller, they no who was getting them from Foxconn.
    Yeah I feel sorry for the kid, Apple makes billions on the iPhone, this kids measly 100,000 is a joke.

The iPhone is "Not for Resale" so why isn't Apple filing for injunctions to stop companies like Plemix, Negri Electronics, & all the others to stop selling the iPhone at outrageous prices?

Apple could have just contacted the kid, stop now & we will leave it alone, continue & face legal action. Problem solved.
    I'll bet the Foxconn employee who stole the parts isn't working there any more. As for the kid's supplier in China, you can't sue foreign citizens for transactions that took place on foreign soil in a U.S. court! That person would be dealt with in China under Chinese laws. Apple almost certainly did send the kid a "cease and desist" order (look it up if you don't know what that means) and he ignored it.

Like I said, the kid was a scammer selling stolen parts. If Apple hadn't delayed release of the white iPhone because of quality issues, he wouldn't have been able to make the money he did with the stolen parts. Apple HAD to sue him to protect their trademarks (and quality standards) or else the next scammer would have an easier time ripping them off.

Thanks

To me this sounds F UP! to me, so big corporation takes on teenager! very brave apple! keep it up Android is going to take over the market!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12