+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple and Samsung Possibly Forming Partnership

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A recent visit to Korea by Apple's current CEO, Tim Cook, raises a notion of a cooperation between Samsung and Apple. Industry sources reported that Cook discussed incorporating Samsung's AMOLED
    Thanks

Default Apple and Samsung Possibly Forming Partnership

A recent visit to Korea by Apple's current CEO, Tim Cook, raises a notion of a cooperation between Samsung and Apple. Industry sources reported that Cook discussed incorporating Samsung's AMOLED (Active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) display for Apple's tablet PCs while visiting South Korea. Apple's current lineup (iPad 1 and 2) have liquid crystal displays. Their current supplier for the iPad's display is LG Display.

A source reported to The Korea Herald on the basis of anonymity:

Apple wants to tap into Samsung’s AMOLED technology for an upgraded version of the iPad 2, considered as many by the iPad 3 that is likely to be launched toward the end of this year.
    Samsung's AMOLED technology has not been used for their own tablet PCs however is being implemented on the Galaxy S 2 smartphones. The company is debating using the AMOLED technology with their second generation tablets.

Despite all this information, a Samsung Mobile Display spokesperson denies hearing of any such negotiations with Apple.

More so then just the technology itself, Apple's move to redesign the display could mean a new iPad (iPad 3) in the near future.

Source(s): The Korea Herald
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 05-26-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks
    The only reason Apple is probably doing this is to get Samsung's awesome screens on the iPhone/iPod Touch and maybe the iPad.

Thanks
    Lol read the article below this then read this one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Super AMOLED Plus + retina = WOW

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

First Apple was pissed at Samsung, now they wanna be friends. This is a step in the right direction.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Funny how Apple goes demonic on Samsung for developing an OS that has even the slightest resemblance to the iPhone's....but is real quick to embrace them when Samsung has something that Apple wants.

Hipocrit much Apple?

Thanks
    Two days ago I purchased the Samsung Infuse 4G which has the Amoled screen. While there are many iPhone features I'll miss, my eyes are very happy with the amazing 4.5" screen, FLASH and the very cool 4G.
    If Apple did put that screen on an iPad & Mr. Jobs would stop being a non-flash dork, I'll buy in.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IcerMize View Post
    Two days ago I purchased the Samsung Infuse 4G which has the Amoled screen. While there are many iPhone features I'll miss, my eyes are very happy with the amazing 4.5" screen, FLASH and the very cool 4G.
    If Apple did put that screen on an iPad & Mr. Jobs would stop being a non-flash dork, I'll buy in.
    hey how does it compare to the iphone 4 screen at max brightness? how good is the power?
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankyMcGee View Post
    hey how does it compare to the iphone 4 screen at max brightness? how good is the power?
    I made a brightness comparison in the AT&T store and the bright, rich color on the Fusion made the iPhone look dull. While the iPhone has probably twice the pixel count, there is some kind of magic stuff in the Amoled display.
    I suggest taking a look at the Infuse at an AT&T or Best Butt store. This phone has a replaceable battery, SD slot and fits great in my giant hand.
    The speakerphone on the Fusion and sound quality can't touch the iPhones but it wasn't a deal breaker. My old Motorola Q9H is still the best sounding phone I've ever used.
    One thing that really bugs me about Android phones is the lack of a built in screen capture feature. I really can't imagine why that was not included. ;(
    BTW, the iPhone is still the best feature rich phone but I will no longer dance flashless!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IcerMize View Post
    I made a brightness comparison in the AT&T store and the bright, rich color on the Fusion made the iPhone look dull. While the iPhone has probably twice the pixel count, there is some kind of magic stuff in the Amoled display.
    I suggest taking a look at the Infuse at an AT&T or Best Butt store. This phone has a replaceable battery, SD slot and fits great in my giant hand.
    The speakerphone on the Fusion and sound quality can't touch the iPhones but it wasn't a deal breaker. My old Motorola Q9H is still the best sounding phone I've ever used.
    One thing that really bugs me about Android phones is the lack of a built in screen capture feature. I really can't imagine why that was not included. ;(
    BTW, the iPhone is still the best feature rich phone but I will no longer dance flashless!
    Thanks mate will have a look today!
    It's a recession when your neighbour loses his job: it's a depression when you lose yours.
    -- Harry S. Truman

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is such a backstabber and user lol.

They are suing Samsung but then at the same time want to form a partnership.

Also "How recent.." The suing of Samsung only started "recently", maybe Cook saw soo many iOS copies and then decided to sue.

The SAMOLED Plus display is a beauty though, after seeing the SAMOLED, I officially hate the LCD technology.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyMcGee View Post
    Thanks mate will have a look today!
    You can capture screen...just press the home and back button at the same time

Thanks

Hypocrites? Legal action is just something to be used as a bargaining tool. Apple will drop the case in return for better terms than they would have got otherwise. Claim and counter claim is just the way of big business these days, it certainly won't stop the two companies doing business if they want to.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

AMOLED screens are nice. Picture on the phone is rich full of color. I love it. This partnership would be great.