Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Report: iOS 5 Will Be Incompatible with iPhone 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Could really care less about my 3GS. What I am now worried about is that Apple may be biting off more than they can chew in terms of resources required to run iOS5 and the i4/i5's ability to run it properly. I would rather have a bare bones OS and more power at my disposal.

Anyone?
    Based on that theory you are presumably still running MS Dos?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Apple sucks, get an old nokia 3310 and enjoy nokia tune

Now there's a shocker.

Apple's IOS is slowly turning into bloatware. 4.3.x slowed my iPhone 4 down to unacceptable levels, introducing hitching in the animations for the first time since I got the phone the day it was released. 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 all did it, jailbroken or not. Three times now I've upgraded to the latest firmware, only to be disappointed and move back to 4.2.1. Looks like that's the sweet spot for OIS on the iPhone 4 - at least for me. I won't give up performance for features in IOS, and I'm sure as hell not plunking down another $200-$600 on a new phone so I can have the horsepower to run their bloated crap. What is so hard about adding features to IOS while keeping performance at or better-than previous IOS levels? You know the iPhone 4 will run it, IF it's coded right.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

That is devastating news... guess I'll have to play their game and get the "iPhone 4S," "iPhone 5," "Magic iPhone," or whatever they choose to call it when it comes out. Really hope it is a re-design and not just a super iPhone 4.

This sucks for 3gs owners who cares (lol) but this makes perfect business sense. Besides, there are far too many fanboys anyway, so I'm sure they'd either upgrade to the iphone4 now or wait for the iphone 4s/5 either way.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taranis17 View Post
    Now there's a shocker.

Apple's IOS is slowly turning into bloatware. 4.3.x slowed my iPhone 4 down to unacceptable levels, introducing hitching in the animations for the first time since I got the phone the day it was released. 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 all did it, jailbroken or not. Three times now I've upgraded to the latest firmware, only to be disappointed and move back to 4.2.1. Looks like that's the sweet spot for OIS on the iPhone 4 - at least for me. I won't give up performance for features in IOS, and I'm sure as hell not plunking down another $200-$600 on a new phone so I can have the horsepower to run their bloated crap. What is so hard about adding features to IOS while keeping performance at or better-than previous IOS levels? You know the iPhone 4 will run it, IF it's coded right.
    It has always been Apple's practice to introduce iOS that would tax the current version so people will want to get the new one when it comes out, yet we do not know or use any of the "improvements" for all I know it just installed "lagging program". If that does not get you to change to new phone, 2 years later after introduction they stop support for the hardware to make you upgrade. I am getting sick of Apple taking a portion of my income every freaking year, so my next phone would not be made by Apple or any other smart phone actually. Just an ordinary phone where I do not waste money on data service, no need for a fancy phone when it spends most of its life in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Makes perfect business sense to me. You don't make money when you continue to provide new firmware to old iphones.
    That's not true. If I know that a business is likely to abandon a product after a short period of time, I am very unlikely to purchase products from that vendor. It is in Apples interest to keep their products supported for as long as possible. The iPhone 3GS is currently still on sale. In my opinion it's not in Apples best interest to abandon a product after only weeks of selling it, even if it does boost revenue in the temporarily.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Typical Apple. And they'll continue to sell the 3GS right up until the day iOS 5 hits. I wouldn't be half as annoyed if they just stopped selling the 3GS ~6 months before iOS5 hits.

God forbid they optimize iOS. Instead they'll just bloat it up and require the fastest iPhones to run it.

I'm waiting for the day that new versions of OS X will only run on the latest Macs.

Absolutely HATE the new look of MMi

Cool Good IPhone 3GS User Running on 4.3.3 Jailbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Based on that theory you are presumably still running MS Dos?
    Hahaha nice 1 :P and im new to this modmyi forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234