+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: AndroidLoader - Application Launcher (SpringBoard)

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Surenix (@iSurenix) , a prominent jailbreak developer and theme creator, is scheduled to release his newest creation AndroidLoader soon (has been submitted to Cydia). AndroidLoader is an amazing SpringBoard addition
...
  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Joshua Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 107 Times in 55 Posts

    Default AndroidLoader - Application Launcher (SpringBoard)


    Surenix (@iSurenix), a prominent jailbreak developer and theme creator, is scheduled to release his newest creation AndroidLoader soon (has been submitted to Cydia). AndroidLoader is an amazing SpringBoard addition that allows quick launch of your applications from anywhere on your SpringBoard. Inspired by the Android layout, tapping the tab below your dock brings up a menu with all your icons listed. When you tap any of the respective applications, it opens it right away. iPod Controls (Skip Back, Play, Skip Forward) are also included within the AndroidLoader menu. There are a few settings for AndroidLoader located in the Settings.app. The follow settings are all On/Off toggles:

    • Hidden Icons
    • Alphabetical Sorting
    • Close on Launch
    • Paging
    • App Labels (Slow)


    And then at the bottom of the AndroidLoader settings tab, you can respring to make those changes happen.



    Here are some of the features that are expected to come soon with AndroidLoader:

    • Improved tab
    • Launch applications from anywhere (including inside applications)
    • Activator command(s)
    • Much more...


    While talking with Surenix on IRC, he made this statement to me that I'm sure he'll keep:

    The goal of AndroidLoader is to make a better alternative for the SpringBoard and current multitasking bar. Hopefully with new developments underway, it may even replace many of the SBSettings toggles.
    As mentioned above, new features are always underway so keep posted on what is to come.

    It has been submitted to Cydia and should be up soon. When it releases, it will be $2.99.

    Name: AndroidLoader
    Author: Surenix
    Price: $2.99


    Below is a video demo of AndroidLoader:



    For more information about AndroidLoader and other developments by Surenix, follow @iSurenix on Twitter.

    ***EDIT AndroidLoader has been released and is available on Cydia as we speak.****

    Source(s): Surenix
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 05-26-2011 at 04:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Cody Overcash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    11,893
    Thanks
    340
    Thanked 15,271 Times in 652 Posts

    test

  3. #3
    What's Jailbreak? g4ess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i feel as though this is a waste of time and energy ..... nice but it would be more beneficial to copy android notifications slide down .. because our app are there already...... #iamjustsaying

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Overcash View Post
    test
    test? BTW, the thanks button won't work for meeeeee..... (im using google chrome if that makes a difference)
    but anyways, THATS AMAZING it's like an expanding dock! and is there going to be an ability to only put certain apps on it? b/c all apps is a lot to scroll trough lol
    Last edited by coolguy742; 05-23-2011 at 08:39 PM.

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak? blacklantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I haven't written anything on the forums for as long as I can remember, but I had to for this. This seems like a novelty app. Other than that it is a complete and utter waste of time and money. Might as well have infiniboard or something like that. Really? If we're going to take anything from android it should be the notification system, or maybe perfect the use of widgets. Just my opinion though.

  6. #6
    Green Apple Pizentu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts

    This looks like the pogoplank 2 demo. If this is the same developer with a different name, I warn all of you against this purchase. I will be doing some research to see if this is the same guy!!! if it is, HE IS A CROOK. If its a different guy, I apologize!.

  7. #7
    MMi Staff Writer Joshua Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 107 Times in 55 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    This looks like the pogoplank 2 demo. If this is the same developer with a different name, I warn all of you against this purchase. I will be doing some research to see if this is the same guy!!! if it is, HE IS A CROOK. If its a different guy, I apologize!.
    Why bother apologizing when you could have held until you had evidence or proof of your accusation? That could of possibly saved you face:

    PogoPlank:
    Author: Justin Williams (Jaywalker)

    AndroidLoader:
    Author: Surenix

    Don't think there's a connection; please think twice about posting stuff of this nature without any clear reason.

  8. #8
    Green Apple Pizentu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    Why bother apologizing when you could have held until you had evidence or proof of your accusation? That could of possibly saved you face:

    PogoPlank:
    Author: Justin Williams (Jaywalker)

    AndroidLoader:
    Author: Surenix

    Don't think there's a connection; please think twice about posting stuff of this nature without any clear reason.

    See the glaring similarities in the following video on youtube video of a once promised update to pogoplank....... YouTube - ‪PogoPlank 2 Development Preview‬‏

    If I am wrong, I Deeply apologize. But If I am right , I feel I have every obligation to warn everyone that they should not buy this app cause Jaywalker has already shown himself to rip people off.

    If you take the time to view this video I linked, It has some similarities to the video for this app thats posted in the OP. Read the first few comments on the youtube link.....

    Again, If I am wrong, I DEEPLY apologize to this developer!!!!! But If my instinct is right, I warn against purchasing this app because there is no guarantee it will be updated next week when the newest IOS is released.
    Just trying to help the community. If I am wrong, I apologize. If I am right, "You are welcome"!

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    LOVE IT! why not have like a sleep little thing on the status bar to mimic the android platform, and have like the last 10 apps opened or with the sbsettings stuf fon it

  10. #10
    Developer ParadoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizentu View Post
    See the glaring similarities in the following video on youtube video of a once promised update to pogoplank....... YouTube - ‪PogoPlank 2 Development Preview‬‏

    If I am wrong, I Deeply apologize. But If I am right , I feel I have every obligation to warn everyone that they should not buy this app cause Jaywalker has already shown himself to rip people off.

    If you take the time to view this video I linked, It has some similarities to the video for this app thats posted in the OP. Read the first few comments on the youtube link.....

    Again, If I am wrong, I DEEPLY apologize to this developer!!!!! But If my instinct is right, I warn against purchasing this app because there is no guarantee it will be updated next week when the newest IOS is released.
    Just trying to help the community. If I am wrong, I apologize. If I am right, "You are welcome"!
    They are not the same developer, Surenix is an amazing dev and author of inpulse which has had a multitude of updates.

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rokindeez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    271
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 68 Times in 43 Posts

    Thats really cool!! But why haven't people made the android notification system?

  12. #12
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    B7R
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    So instead of scrolling trough your apps left to right for free now you can scroll them up and down for $2.99?

  13. #13
    Green Apple Pizentu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    96
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts

    exactly! lol

  14. #14
    Green Apple FrankyMcGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Perth WA, Australia
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    This is getting a bit wierd. i thought that the point of getting an iphone was so that it had the apple ios not the android os. maybe i'm wrong...

  15. #15
    What's Jailbreak? thacarta1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boss City!!
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by g4ess View Post
    i feel as though this is a waste of time and energy ..... nice but it would be more beneficial to copy android notifications slide down .. because our app are there already...... #iamjustsaying
    Your completely right bro! It is a waste and the pull down would be alot better!

  16. #16
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rokindeez View Post
    Thats really cool!! But why haven't people made the android notification system?
    Use LockInfo (InfoShade) and set only Notification will display. Set pull down from status bar in Activator to display InfoShade.

  17. #17
    Green Apple jeffhesser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 12 Times in 4 Posts

    would be kind of cool if you could turn off the pull up tab and just have it activated with the double click to just replace the crappy 4 app per shot view of the 'multitasking' stuff. and wouldn't mind if it let you quickly kill the apps that might be running.

  18. #18
    What's Jailbreak? phoenix904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl, USA
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g4ess View Post
    i feel as though this is a waste of time and energy ..... nice but it would be more beneficial to copy android notifications slide down .. because our app are there already...... #iamjustsaying
    Yet another reason why Android is superior where usability is concerned.

  19. #19
    Developer ParadoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Pete, FL
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We have known for a while that we need a new Notifications system, it's likely coming in iOS 5. but we have 3 weeks until the unveil.

  20. #20
    Green Apple Rahllin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    I actually look forward to this app. I like to keep my springboard clutter free so I use iPoof to hide a lot of the icons I don't use regularly. When I need one of those apps it would be nice to have the option to do a simple action to bring up all of my apps. I don't know how I will like the tab setup because it looks like it gets in the way of the dock, but if activator functions could launch this, I would be happy.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts