+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT Overcharging iPhone and iPad Users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 Yeah I just installed that SBS counter and it shows 111 KB tether data on my phone, and I have NEVER tethered to any other device
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Yeah I just installed that SBS counter and it shows 111 KB tether data on my phone, and I have NEVER tethered to any other device EVER in the 18 months I've had this phone.
    I just installed it also and found that it changes when you simply go into settings>general>network then when it says "set up tethering" it's actually using small amounts of tethering data while it does that little spinning thing. Doesn't seem to do every time but have got it to add tethering data twice now. Started out at 39kb now shows 54kb. See if you can get to do it also.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsauce1981 View Post
    Their whole premium data plan is garbage. ATT offers ghetto Rugby II for $10/month unlimited data, and I'm tethering with it now. They kept giving me crap about tethering with the iphone, so I switched to the el cheapo phone, and kept my iphone for other reasons.
    So what's Att take on tethering with that plan? Is it officially allowed under that data plan? If so I just might do the same. Add a new line for $10 pay the $10 unlimited data plan and still keep my unlimited iPhone data plan.
    Last edited by sirlance0505; 05-26-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay now you guys got me in this argument too.

I was hanging with my friend last night and I wanted to watch some videos on YouTube, but knew I was almost at my data maximum. I went and checked how much I had left: roughly 1.55 GB, so I knew I'd be okay, as also the last time I had a notification from AT&T was 2 weeks ago telling me I was at 65%.

This morning I get a text saying I went over 100% and that $10 will be charged. I half-way flipped the hell out. Now I gotta call the "friendly" people over at AT&T and tell them my story, and how if they can't remove the charge, they can just go ahead and cancel the plan as well so that I can switch to Verizon for unlimited (and this time, not be blowing smoke up their asses.)

Screw AT&T. I tried to tell them 2 weeks ago that I wanted to switch to Verizon and asked if they could offer me unlimited and all they said was they didn't feel it was necessary as I had never went over 2GB before (which is retarded, since I AVOID it to not have to deal with bs) and that I "should be good" until my next bill cycle.

Should I call them and lie saying I wasn't even on my phone from 2 AM - 6 AM (when I was heavily using it) and say that I was sleeping like I do everyday, and then whip out what Fortex said earlier: ""If you can show me a itemized list of how much data was transferred and to what DNS/IPs in the past day, then you can have my $10."?
    Last edited by Extremador; 06-06-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks

How could you have received notification that you were at 65% of your data, yet still have 1.55 GB remaining? If you had only used 0.45 GB that's only 23%.

Unless you meant you had used 1.55 GB and only had 0.45 GB remaining (used 77%), then that would make more sense, and I can totally see how you would have gone over the 2GB with heavy YT watching over 3G.

If the latter, then you have nothing to complain about and need to fork over the 10 bucks, and watch your usage better next month.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

There's a difference between some people. If you were heavily using it to your knowledge then there's nothing to say. But some people get charged when they actually were not using data. I for one don't believe I can be at 65% notified then the following day be over my allocated 2GB amount when I was sleeping. It could just be a huge delay in the system's updating just as well, which needs some adjusting IMO.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    There's a difference between some people. If you were heavily using it to your knowledge then there's nothing to say. But some people get charged when they actually were not using data. I for one don't believe I can be at 65% notified then the following day be over my allocated 2GB amount when I was sleeping. It could just be a huge delay in the system's updating just as well, which needs some adjusting IMO.
    I'm saying all I got was one notification, and that was the 65% one like 2 weeks ago. I'm not paying $10 extra bucks a month to have another GB. I'd rather cancel service and pay ETF and go right to Verizon. I'm pretty sure I could still get unlimited data.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Don't get me wrong, by all means I don't like AT&T. I switched to Verizon For 6 months I paid $10 for 1 GB that doesn't carry over, and the data I did use supposedly within the new 1GB carried over to the next cycle rather than staying on the one I already paid extra for. So I agree with you, leave AT&T. I'm just saying, don't go trying to lie to AT&T saying you didn't use data that you acknowledge you did use. Not that even if you really didn't use it would they do anything about it anyhow

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Don't get me wrong, by all means I don't like AT&T. I switched to Verizon For 6 months I paid $10 for 1 GB that doesn't carry over, and the data I did use supposedly within the new 1GB carried over to the next cycle rather than staying on the one I already paid extra for. So I agree with you, leave AT&T. I'm just saying, don't go trying to lie to AT&T saying you didn't use data that you acknowledge you did use. Not that even if you really didn't use it would they do anything about it anyhow
    I wouldn't really mind the $10 charge if it either wasn't every month (so basically a "data overage fee" you paid) or if it was my account only. I have my phone on a family plan, and it's my mom that's really paying the majority of the bill. She already doesn't like having to pay for me to use data, so imagine what she's gonna say when the bill comes in $10 higher than what it is.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456