+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RecognizeMe - Facial Recognition Unlock

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by jtanner Anyone else purchased this? I have, but when I opt to scan my face to unlock, the bloody screen turns off before it's finished! (it re-locks)
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Petrit H's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    Anyone else purchased this?

I have, but when I opt to scan my face to unlock, the bloody screen turns off before it's finished! (it re-locks) ... any ideas? I've tried Dim Delay etc but to no avail.
    Pres just one number in ur passlock and then pres the recognize me it wont turn ur screen off.. but i have another question about this app... can't make more than one set of faces...

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

In order to even begin the process of unlocking, you need to type in "recognizeme"? Instead of just a four digit passcode? And that is before the actual recognition begins to take place? Talk about taking a lot of time to unlock your phone...

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    Anyone else purchased this?

I have, but when I opt to scan my face to unlock, the bloody screen turns off before it's finished! (it re-locks) ... any ideas? I've tried Dim Delay etc but to no avail.
    I got it this morning and trained it in medium lighting, but I'm getting the same thing: The lock screen shuts off while the app is "Verifying..."

There was a tweak in Cydia that kept the lockscreen lit up for 20 seconds. I had it before i upgraded to 4.2.8, but I forgot the name of it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    I got it this morning and trained it in medium lighting, but I'm getting the same thing: The lock screen shuts off while the app is "Verifying..."

There was a tweak in Cydia that kept the lockscreen lit up for 20 seconds. I had it before i upgraded to 4.2.8, but I forgot the name of it.
    Well, I tried out "NoLock" by Gi-lo which works, but the problem is, If i get a notification or something the lockscreen turns on of course.... but then doesn't turn off :-/ so on a night out for exmaple where I don't hear it or feel it, I'll have a dead battery after an hour ... so that's no good!

I wish I knew why David Ashman's "Dim Delay" doesn't work. I'm still on iOS 4.2.1 (iP4) for those curious
    do'h

Thanks

Ready my above post my friend...

just press one number on passcode then try the recognizeme and it will not shut the screen off...

BTW, has anyone had the issue of not being able to create more than one set of faces?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsatryan View Post
    In order to even begin the process of unlocking, you need to type in "recognizeme"? Instead of just a four digit passcode? And that is before the actual recognition begins to take place? Talk about taking a lot of time to unlock your phone...
    What are you on about? you don't type anything in??
    do'h

Thanks

It's called ScreenDimmer. Also if you have iRealSMS, there is a lockscreen dim setting (default is 8 secs) so mess around with that if applicable. The only reason why the lockscreen goes black is because of some installed application altering the lockscreen dim settings.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    This is all just a big gimmick at this stage. Takes way too long in a low security setting. Easily can be fooled ie: picture. And isn't worth the $6.99-$9.99 he is trying to spin it off as. All that said I don't even PC lock mine because even that takes way too long.
    Okay. So you say the i4 processor is the culprit? Then why even release it for this phone. Wait till the i5 pops out. Another reason why this is way too expensive for it's gimmicky functions at this stage.
    There is no reason to not release it. If you can code it why not release it. some people will find it useful, others will not. Current hardware limits it's power but in future hardware it will zoom.

Thanks

ScreenDimmer is on Cydia $1.99.

Thanks
    For those of you with the dimming screen issue. It's likely another tweak you have installed. I have had RecognizeMe installed since alpha and have never had that issue. You need to make 3 SETS. one in poor, moderate and optimal lighting for best results. This isnt a perfect tweak yet, but it will get there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ParadoX View Post
    There is no reason to not release it. If you can code it why not release it. some people will find it useful, others will not. Current hardware limits it's power but in future hardware it will zoom.
    Totally agree man. Not to mention that the amount if work that developers put in can sometimes be substantial. They are not forcing you to buy so if you don't want to, don't.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah the tweak I had was "20 Second Lock Screen". That came in very handy for LockInfo as well.

Petrit_H: sorry, I didn't see your post. Reading is fundamental. LOL It worked!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

For those of you with the dimming screen issue. It's likely another tweak you have installed.
    ... ideas? lol ... I checked BiteSMS but there's nothing there, Dim Delay (Even with the Force option on) has NO effect. Only other thing I can think is LockInfo (just this second seen an option within) although the developer may have made a bug there, as Dim Delay (same developer) has the FORCE option which apparently stops other apps tweaking the dim...all except LockInfo it may appear lol

EDIT: LockInfo controlled the Dim for me! :-/ (it's better than entering 1 digit to force it)
    Last edited by jtanner; 05-20-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    do'h

Thanks

For those of you with the dimming screen issue. It's likely another tweak you have installed. I have had RecognizeMe installed since alpha and have never had that issue. You need to make 3 SETS. one in poor, moderate and optimal lighting for best results. This isnt a perfect tweak yet, but it will get there.
    I can't make 3 sets, everytime I try to make the second it replaces the first one... any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Petrit H View Post
    I can't make 3 sets, everytime I try to make the second it replaces the first one... any ideas?
    I just tried on mine ... it works for me!
    do'h

Thanks

Well, not in mine, dunno whats the problem... if I have to show someone this thing I have to make the face set first then show them... sucks :S

Working kool now, maybe I didnt reboot my iPhone since I bought RecognizeMe.

thanks guys.
    Last edited by Petrit H; 05-20-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    The issues with the making more than 1 set and the screen dimming issues have been resolved and the fix has been submitted, you should see it shortly

Thanks

Kool, cant wait for the screen dimming fix

Thanks

I bought it and it doesn't work... The first option crashes the app
    iDevices: Lots, most jailbroken
    Computers: MPB 13" i7 mid 2011, MacBook Air "11 256GB Samsung SSD i7, 4GB RAM, both OSX 10.7.3

I'm a iPhone hacker and Twitter API master.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fhsjaagshs View Post
    I bought it and it doesn't work... The first option crashes the app
    Yeah...I was having this problem when I was testing it too: hold on, let me get Chris to post the solution.