Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
05-16-2011, 02:33 PM #1
Apple Retail Stores Across Country Schedule All-Hands Employee Meeting
The 10th Anniversary of Apple opening their first retail store is this weekend, and the rumors about possible special commemorative events is reaching a boil.
Apple Stores across the country have an all-hands employee meeting scheduled for May 22 at 7 a.m. According to MacStories they received the follow statement from a trusted Apple source.
Store meetings at 7AM Sunday across United States. Unusual time. Expecting some announcement. All stores, brand-wide US. Don't know about other countries.
- There’s an overnight shift planned for around 10-15 individuals at each Apple Store to work from late Saturday all the way through mid-Sunday.
- During the overnight shift, it’s going to be required that employees lock cell phones in the main office. They will also have to sign an NDA with Apple.
- There are a wide variety of roles, we’re told, for the overnight shift. This includes all visuals staff, a manager, a business team member, a few Genius team members, one back-of-house employee, and a few generic Apple specialists.
- Apple stores have apparently already received hardware to install, and are expecting more hardware to come on Friday or Saturday. All materials that Apple stores have received have been instructed to be under lock and key until after close on Saturday night.
- Apple employees will be putting up black curtains at all stores so that people walking outside cannot see inside.
- Employees have had to download gigabytes of data from Apple corporate labeled, “training” in a password-protected zipped folder that won’t accessible to managers or anyone else until Saturday afternoon.
- Lastly, all Apple retail stores have mandatory meetings on Sunday, May 22nd. Most meeting are scheduled for the morning, but there are evening meetings as well.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed there will be giant inflatable iMac jumping pits. Or bobbing for iPods. Or drop the google earth pin on the hipster.
Are any Modmyi members employed by an Apple retail store? If so, is there anything you can tell us about the upcoming event?
Sources: MacStories and BGR
05-16-2011, 02:43 PM #2
Back to school special, anybody?
05-16-2011, 02:49 PM #3
There's only one explanation for all this, Apple must have figured out a way to build a store within a store within a store! They need all that equipment to go three stores deep! It's all making sense now!
But seriously, I have no idea..
Last edited by steve-z17; 05-16-2011 at 04:28 PM.
05-16-2011, 02:53 PM #4
There will be employee surgery behind the curtains. They will all get an ipad on the chest!
05-16-2011, 02:56 PM #5
I work at AT&T but nothing here so far..
05-16-2011, 02:59 PM #6
TEN YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF APPLE RETAIL STORES...probably something to do with that..
05-16-2011, 03:09 PM #7
Back to school specials don't start until the fall when the new iPod line is released generally. The fact that they have special "hardware" peaks my interest.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
05-16-2011, 03:33 PM #8
"Special hardware" could be just about anything. From exciting new retail products (doubtful), to floor displays and decoration. I'll bet they're simply preparing a new visual experience to celebrate their landmark.
05-16-2011, 03:39 PM #9
I'll tell you what's going to happen....NOTHING
mark my words and shoot your source.
05-16-2011, 03:42 PM #10
There's only one explanation for this: Southpark HUMANCENTiPAD
Last edited by chaingang54; 05-16-2011 at 06:31 PM.
05-16-2011, 03:49 PM #11
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM #12
I think the iPhone 5 or something like that will be released
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM #13
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM #14
Maybe the realease of Ip4 for Sprint and T-mobile
05-16-2011, 05:48 PM #15
1% off all iDevices (0.5% for iPad 2)
Free Steve Jobs bobble-head with any purchase.
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM #16
05-16-2011, 06:07 PM #17
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM #18
05-16-2011, 06:20 PM #19
They're trying to build the hype up again because they know the iPhone 4s is going to be a huge disappointment so they're redirecting everyone's attention elsewhere. It's all marketing and Steve Jobs is great at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:
05-16-2011, 06:23 PM #20
I wonder if they are going to do something special in the other countries? Or do you think it's just for the US?