Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Toshiba To Provide New iPhone With 4" Retina Display?

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    As would I along with many other people......which is probably why it WON'T happen.

Quote me on this. I say 3.7" screen tops. Small enough to leave everyone wanting more, but big enough to shut everyone up for another year.
    I'm pretty much gonna agree with you that the screen may be "a little" bigger, but not 4". And to tell ya what...... I'd be cool with that. When I see people at work with the android X, I can't help but to think "DAMN! that thing must be easy to break". Especially for a male who keeps the phone in their front pocket.

I do want the screen a little bigger, but not too big!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    1280x720 in a 4" display would be so sick
    But do you think they would do that

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't imagine the phone being called '4S' if it has a bigger screen, aluminum back, separated flash, as well as a chip/camera upgrade. In the past, that's always been more than enough new features to qualify as a complete next gen model. I'm banking on iPhone 5 this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ICydiaify View Post
    But do you think they would do that
    They won't do that. The current retina display is already as crisp as can be, and upgrading it would only hurt battery life and performance. Apple wouldn't make that sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by gunzla View Post
    Dont know why people think this is any good! I'm an avid iPhone supporter, had them all. But if this is the future they'll lose me..
    Samsung have released a phone already with a 4inch 1080i or p, not exact on spec. & a dual core chip with the Galaxy S 2.
    What will they have by the time apple gets around to releasing the inferior iPhone 5. This doesnt make sense. Why would they let Samsung take back the market.
    Come on Apple... Get in the Game...
    Specs, specs, specs. C'mon man. These things always show off their numbers and claim to be beasts, but they NEVER work nearly as well regardless. That's really their only defense. It's a shame it's somewhat working, because in reality it's meaningless.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDiddler; 05-17-2011 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

They need to double the current display resolution (1920x1280) )

Quote Originally Posted by gunzla View Post
    Dont know why people think this is any good! I'm an avid iPhone supporter, had them all. But if this is the future they'll lose me..
    Samsung have released a phone already with a 4inch 1080i or p, not exact on spec. & a dual core chip with the Galaxy S 2.
    What will they have by the time apple gets around to releasing the inferior iPhone 5. This doesnt make sense. Why would they let Samsung take back the market.
    Come on Apple... Get in the Game...
    Galaxy S II has the same 800x480 resolution that many Android smart phones currently have, in a 4.27" display. The iPhone has a 960x640 resolution in a 3.5" display. I would take the sharper iPhone display any day.

There is no phone yet that has 1080 resolution, yet. I'm sure there will be some day.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

That picture looks too awkward to be close to what the next iphone will look like. the earpiece and home button are too close to the screen and I do 2nd Dirty on the "4S" being the same body as the 4 but with slightly beefed up hardware or called the 5 if it has some significant(see: screen size) changes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

A nice idea, but definetly not going to happen as the suggested 4" screen has an aspect ratio of 16:9 while all generations of iPhones have been 3:2.

A very good article explaining why it's highly unlikely:
    The 4-inch iPhone display: Doing the math

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

At least icons will be closer up as suppose to iph 4 =P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123