+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Sets Guinness Records

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In the 2011 Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition Apple stole a number of records from the clutches of Sony, and Nintendo. The iPhone supplanted the Nintendo DS as the "Fastest-selling
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Sets Guinness Records

In the 2011 Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition Apple stole a number of records from the clutches of Sony, and Nintendo.

The iPhone supplanted the Nintendo DS as the "Fastest-selling Portable Gaming System" selling 1.5million units during launch week. In comparison the PSP sold 200,000 during its first week, and the Nintendo DS sold 500,000 units.

The App Store also earned the title "Most Popular Application Marketplace." Guinness did note that out of the 260,00 apps available in the App Store, 61 are fart apps. My favorite being Fart Ocarina.

Angry Birds earned "Top Paid-For App Store Game in Most Countries" proving that birds with furrowed brows are awesome in more than American's minds. Tap Tap Revenge was named "Most Popular iPhone Game Series," and Plants vs. Zombines was named the "Fastest-Selling iPhone/iPod Strategy Game."

I do question the fairness of pitting these dedicated video game devices against a universally lauded after device like the iPhone. They are competitors in the gaming market, but they do fill very different niches.

Source: PC World

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Umm. The iPhone is not a "gaming system". Just because something has the ability to play games doesn't mean it should be classified as such. The primary functions of the iPhone are phone, Internet, and music.

I can play games on my my Motorola flip phone. Does that make it a gaming system to?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

drmstix303 (05-15-2011), ronfin44 (05-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Umm. The iPhone is not a "gaming system".
    +1 give us real news modmyi

Thanks

+1. Give me a psp over any iPhone/iPad/touch anyday of the week. As for ds/3ds give me an iPhone instead. Still it's not a game system

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Umm. The iPhone is not a "gaming system". Just because something has the ability to play games doesn't mean it should be classified as such. The primary functions of the iPhone are phone, Internet, and music.

I can play games on my my Motorola flip phone. Does that make it a gaming system to?
    R u serious...the multi-touch interface makes it a gaming system!!! What level r u on in angry birds on ur stankorola flip phone...that's what I thought.

Thanks

This is real news, but it shouldn't be. Lol

Thanks

Who cares if it is a gaming system or if this is "real" news. It's a fact that all people related to the subject matter should find interesting.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killakill For This Useful Post:

drmstix303 (05-15-2011), lightmaster (05-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestang9450 View Post
    R u serious...the multi-touch interface makes it a gaming system!!! What level r u on in angry birds on ur stankorola flip phone...that's what I thought.
    The multi-touch interface makes it a touch screen phone. Angry birds doesn't make it a game system.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (05-15-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killakill View Post
    Who cares if it is a gaming system or if this is "real" news. It's a fact that all people related to the subject matter should find interesting.
    that's what I'm saying. it's not interesting. I could've guessed that the iPhone broke some kind of guiness records and guessed that the app store has a substantial amount of fart apps

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

not a gaming system??

hell no iPhone and iPad are great fpr games

hell have u tired order and chaos online

pretty damn impresive for a phone game

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sheon View Post
    pretty damn impresive for a phone game
    See you contradicted your whole statement right here. If it was a game system you woulda stopped at impressive but you didn't. Phone game says it all. It's a phone with games on it that's what it boiled down to. Not a game system with a phone on in.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Might as well call it the worlds fastest selling Calculator/GPS Device/Compass/Voice Recorder/Weather Forecaster/Calendar while you're at it.

iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch are no more gaming devices than the iPod Classic.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Jesus, the things people argue about on here. Who gives a toss whether it's a gaming system or not - it plays games and it's a phone. Jeez.

I thought it was an interesting story anyway.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes I AM serious. Very serious. Multi-touch does not make something a true gaming system. And since when did being able to play Angry Birds on a device become the determining factor of whether or not it is a gaming system? Play COD Zombies on the iPhone and then on a REAL gaming device and tell me which feels better.

The ability to play games through a multi-touch interface does not mean you have a gaming system. It just increases the ease of which you are able to play the games on the device. But it still has its shortfalls.

The iPhone is not a gaming system. PERIOD!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I guess this is pretty cool.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by berrymwb View Post
    Jesus, the things people argue about on here. Who gives a toss whether it's a gaming system or not - it plays games and it's a phone. Jeez.

I thought it was an interesting story anyway.
    don't mind them, they just troll to feel better about their insignificant lives

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Multi-touch doesn't make it a gaming system. It makes it a multi-touch device. A "gaming system" would imply that it's primary focus is playing video games, not making phone calls, sending texts, accessing the web or checking your email.

"Stankorola"? Graduate middle school, then try your hand at trash talking.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Whats the point in arguing? It won the records already, no amount of arguing is going to change that. A computer can be a gaming system even though it can do more than that. So who cares if the iPhone won records, I think it's pretty cool.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thats Cool

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Man some of u are such assholes. I don't care if I get kicked off of here or not. I never comment on this stuff, I just read everything that is new every day. These topics that are written are for all of us. If this is what they want to write about then let them. U say give us real news, then go watch TV news. These guys give us news everyday on the apple products and some of u just keep them down on what they write about. Do us a favor and keep your comments to yourself if it's not something nice. I guarantee that everyone on here has learned something from every writer so when something doesn't interest u then wait for a new topic.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast