Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 86

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone Sets Guinness Records

  1. #21
    How stupid. If anything it needs to be in the Guinness Book of Records for "Device with Most Firmware Updates"!

  2. #22
    dont think its fair to list the iphone as a gaming system. u wouldnt buy an iphone if it only played games n that was it. u would still buy a PSP or an Nintendo DS if they only played games.

  3. #23
    Oh it's fair to list it as a gaming system. Call Nintendo or Sony and ask them if it affects their sales and if they are worried about it.

  4. #24
    OMG! LOVE the picture

  5. #25
    It does qualify as a gaming device because it does play games. What is a gaming device? A device that plays games. It's as simple as that. Regardless whether it does more or not. It plays games. It plays games that look better than some of the DS games. It looks better than some of the older consoles. The Sony Xperia Play counts as a Psp gaming device. It's also a phone. A computer isn't made specifically to play games, but it had the ability to do it. That makes it a gaming device, because it plays games. Same with the iOS devices. It had a market of games.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

    iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

  6. #26
    first two replies summed it up for me.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ileaf View Post
    dont think its fair to list the iphone as a gaming system. u wouldnt buy an iphone if it only played games n that was it. u would still buy a PSP or an Nintendo DS if they only played games.
    But Lots and lots of people are doing exactly that. They are buying iPod touches for themselves and there kids instead of Other consoles because it plays fun games, and there cheaper than any other console games.
    Username is 3GS, but theres stuff past that:

    iPhone 4
    iPad
    Macbook Pro

  8. #28
    New Gal in Town x12_Carnage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Idc if you can play games on an iPhone or iPod touch.just because you can play a game on it doesn't make it a gaming system.the PSP, xBox and Ps3 are all gaming systems but the iPhone and iPod aren't.
    <a href="http://us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/xl2_CaRnAgE"><img src="http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/xl2_CaRnAgE.png" width="230" height="155" border="0" /></a><br/><a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/psn/signup">Get your Portable ID!</a>

  9. #29
    Words have meaning, people. The iPhone is certainly a "Portable Gaming System". Nothing in that term is contrary to what the iPhone is or can do.

    Some of you are stuck in your ways. You have a preconception of what a portable gaming system should look like, and how it should function and operate, and that's getting in the way of good judgement.

    If the category was "Dedicated Portable Gaming System" then the iPhone would certainly not apply.

    Furthermore, the iPhone won an award from a well-known and trusted publication. That is certainly news.
    Last edited by Jahooba; 05-15-2011 at 04:15 PM.

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone syedsufyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    117
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Umm. The iPhone is not a "gaming system". Just because something has the ability to play games doesn't mean it should be classified as such. The primary functions of the iPhone are phone, Internet, and music.

    I can play games on my my Motorola flip phone. Does that make it a gaming system to?
    If Steve Jobs says it's a gaming system, it's a gaming system. Oh, and by the way, yes your Motorola Flip phone is a gaming system.

    Some people buy iPhones and never open the App Store(on phone and iTunes). If I buy an iPhone and never use apps, it should not count, right? I agree iPhone is a great gaming device, but it does not deserve a spot on the list so easily. I can play games on my PC too, you know. They should count it by accounts that buy games(not just regular apps). That would make it less unfair for other devices.
    Last edited by syedsufyan; 05-15-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #31
    Who cares what you call it, just say iPhone and shut up

  12. #32
    There's no comparison between the iPhone and anything else unless the other device can call people.

  13. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,118
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by syedsufyan View Post
    If Steve Jobs says it's a gaming system, it's a gaming system. Oh, and by the way, yes your Motorola Flip phone is a gaming system.

    Some people buy iPhones and never open the App Store(on phone and iTunes). If I buy an iPhone and never use apps, it should not count, right? I agree iPhone is a great gaming device, but it does not deserve a spot on the list so easily. I can play games on my PC too, you know. They should count it by accounts that buy games(not just regular apps). That would make it less unfair for other devices.
    I don't care what Steve says or thinks it is. This is the same guy who blatantly accused his own customers of misusing their devices and causing their own signal dropouts. It's not a gaming system. It's a gaming device, but it's primary function is not gaming....like real gaming systems. The iPhone is designed to be used with a cell carrier, talk plan, data plan, and messaging plan. It's designed to be used AS A PHONE AND IPOD.

    If someone wanted to buy their son a gaming system for their birthday, they don't go out and spend $600 on a brand new iPHONE....they go and spend 1/3 of that on a brand new Nintendo Wii or a DS, or an XBOX or a Playstation.

    When Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo put up their sales figures of their gaming systems for the year or after a launch, do you see iPhone sales in that comparison. NO! You just see the XBOX, Wii, and Playstation figures.

    Guiness wants to sit here and call the iPhone a gaming system and yet the top 3 gaming system manufacturers themselves never compare their sales figures to an iPhone.

    So wake up! It's not a gaming system!

    It's a portable gaming device, not a system.

  14. #34
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,536
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    I remember the first commercial of the iPhone... I about flipped out on how cool it was! The iPhone should have set a guinness record because of its qualities and abilities. Just think everyone that bought one is part of the record setting process!

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

    javiert30 (05-15-2011)

  16. #35
    It's a sad day for American culture.

  17. #36
    iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    123
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestang9450 View Post
    R u serious...the multi-touch interface makes it a gaming system!!! What level r u on in angry birds on ur stankorola flip phone...that's what I thought.
    Took me a while but I finally beat angry birds waiting for additional levels

  18. #37
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,441
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 185 Times in 145 Posts

    Next year the iPad makes records for the fastest selling PC!

  19. #38
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    +1 give us real news modmyi
    News=current happenings. I don't see how ou don't consider this news.


    Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

  20. #39
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Words have meaning, people. The iPhone is certainly a "Portable Gaming System". Nothing in that term is contrary to what the iPhone is or can do.

    Some of you are stuck in your ways. You have a preconception of what a portable gaming system should look like, and how it should function and operate, and that's getting in the way of good judgement.

    If the category was "Dedicated Portable Gaming System" then the iPhone would certainly not apply.

    Furthermore, the iPhone won an award from a well-known and trusted publication. That is certainly news.
    well said.


    Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

  21. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Next year the iPad makes records for the fastest selling PC!
    No it would make best selling tablet computer. You people need to stop whining constantly.


    Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •