+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Slapped With Another Lawsuit Over Alleged 'Abuses' Related to Location Data

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For Apple, it's the headache that no iOS update can permanently alleviate. For the tech giant we all know and (mostly) love, it seems as though the phrase "another day,
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Slapped With Another Lawsuit Over Alleged 'Abuses' Related to Location Data

For Apple, it's the headache that no iOS update can permanently alleviate. For the tech giant we all know and (mostly) love, it seems as though the phrase "another day, another dollar" could easily be replaced with "another day, another lawsuit." As we learned this week, Apple is once again embroiled in a lawsuit thanks in no small part to an issue that continues to haunt the company to a substantial degree.

According to Lymaris M. Rivera Diaz, who filed suit against Apple in the United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, Apple has committed fraud and a wide range of nefarious abuses rooted in what Diaz says boils down to Apple "intentionally intercepting personally identifying information."

If it's any consolation to Apple, the company isn't alone in the lawsuit. Along for the party are The Weather Channel, Pandora Media and close to a dozen other companies, the identities of which are yet to be revealed. Although it isn't yet clear how far this lawsuit will go (most of its kind haven't gotten far), Apple takes any legal action of this kind very seriously, as evidenced by the rapidly expanding legal team that populates the Cupertino, California campus of Apple.

On Tuesday, Apple once again sought to relegate tracking related concerns to the distant bowels of our memory. Speaking before a Senate panel at a hearing on mobile security and privacy, Apple Vice President of Software Technology Guy Tribble reiterated his company's allegiance to protecting its customers' privacy to the utmost. "Apple is strongly committed to giving our customers clear and transparent notice, choice and control over their information, and we believe our products do so in a simple and elegant way," Tribble said.

Source: The Loop

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Whitee (05-12-2011)

Thanks

Are there always so many lawsuites in tech world?

Thanks

I feel sorry for Apple, having to go through so many lawsuits over every little thing. I suppose every company just want to take money out of everybody in every possible way.



Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For a big company like apple. They should make something that will not make people to fill lawsuit against them at the first place!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lele211 View Post
    For a big company like apple. They should make something that will not make people to fill lawsuit against them at the first place!!
    But it's a perpetual no-win situation...

Several years ago, I used to work for a large software developer. It seemed like they would get hit with a lawsuit because a product was doing a particular thing, so said software would be altered to not do it, and they would then get hit with a lawsuit from someone else because it DIDN'T do it any longer... you just can't win.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GAIAStevef View Post
    But it's a perpetual no-win situation...

Several years ago, I used to work for a large software developer. It seemed like they would get hit with a lawsuit because a product was doing a particular thing, so said software would be altered to not do it, and they would then get hit with a lawsuit from someone else because it DIDN'T do it any longer... you just can't win.
    So, they get sued for hijacking tech and then get sued when they alter the tech so it no longer does what they said it would ? Vicious cycle indeed. Corporate america generally has this coming to them. Everyone's stealing everyone else's ideas, this is nothing new.

Now, when they start tracking people's every move... 1984 anyone? Lets let them get away with such things so they can start selling that information to third party vendors so we start getting spam calls and texts whenever we stop by the mall to pick something up at the electronics store or some such.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Now I know why Apple's prices are so ridiculously high.....paying for the defense on all of these lawsuits. Gotta recoup that money somewhere.

Thanks

Lawyers: Hey guys! Let's go sue Apple because they created abuses related to tracking data! No wait, they have a ****load of money! That's why!

Seriously, how many lawsuits can Apple get a day?
    Last edited by awesomeSlayer; 05-12-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i think we should sue the general public

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    I feel sorry for Apple, having to go through so many lawsuits over every little thing. I suppose every company just want to take money out of everybody in every possible way.



Sent from my iPhone 4 using ModMyi
    exscuse the off topic question but...
    how did you type the apple logos?

Thanks

Some idiot trying to get some money. Apple stirs up alot of witch hunts.