+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stampr - Timestamp Your Photos

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
For those of us who take lots of photos with our iDevices, organization is key. Many times it can be difficult to organize photos because you can never seem to
    Thanks

Default Stampr - Timestamp Your Photos

For those of us who take lots of photos with our iDevices, organization is key. Many times it can be difficult to organize photos because you can never seem to remember where or when you took the picture. This problem has been limited to only iDevices as mainstream cameras have had the timestamp ability for quite some time.

With the release of Stampr, by developer Maximus (@0_Maximus_0), this issue is no longer relevant. Stampr timestamps your photos when you take pictures through the Camera.app. What is convenient about Stampr is it creates two photos; one original and another edited with the timestamp. If you need to use the original without the timestamp, it's available at your disposal. In the case that you have HDR enabled, it will make 4 copies; one of each (original, HDR, timestamped original, timestamped HDR). There are a few settings needing configuration within the Stampr tab in Settings however it's easily undertaken. There are applications (e.g. iFile) that have the ability to view the photo's properties within the phone to get this information as well. However, it takes some time snooping and is not for the un-experienced or those who don't know how to access inside their phone. This is what makes this tweak useful. It adds all the applicable information right to the picture and in plain view. The list of settings is below:

• Enable/Disable Stampr
    • 24-Hour/12-Hour Time
    • Label Color
    • Font Size
    • Custom Text
    • Just Stamp (Stamps custom text only)

A video below gives an overview of every aspect of Stampr and the capabilities it has. Stampr is available on Cydia via the BigBoss repo and is free of charge. Follow Maximus on Twitter for updates and other tweets regarding his developments and Stampr.

Name: Stampr
    Author: Maximus
    Version: 1.0.0
    Price: Free

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pO3Fwxd1iU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pO3Fwxd1iU[/ame]

Source(s) Cydia, Optimo
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 05-12-2011 at 11:09 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joshua Tucker For This Useful Post:

bluaeon (05-12-2011), ChaiMuengChuaySoh (05-12-2011), SkyGuy5 (05-12-2011), winfis (05-13-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Is this from the makers of 'Tramp Stampr'?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Is this from the makers of 'Tramp Stampr'?
    I don't think so.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

take extra picture for the time stamp? I can see my album filling up quickly. Can't he do something like a caption tagged onto the picture? Would save quite a bit of space on the phone.

Thanks

It also says the time stamped pic is lesser quality than the original. I was going to try it til I read that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's free, but I'm sure he would appreciate your donations. young devs need our support.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by optimo View Post
    It's free, but I'm sure he would appreciate your donations. young devs need our support.
    Definitely. Without a doubt.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    It also says the time stamped pic is lesser quality than the original. I was going to try it til I read that.
    I can see why you might not like that idea. But why shold that stop you from /trying/ something that is free to download? Then you could make a legitimate constructive suggestion instead of just talking about something you didn't even bother to try.

Thanks

I just wanted to put it out there so people knew. Since it wasnt mentioned in the op. I have no reason to need a timestamp on my pics, that's the main reason I haven't tried it. If I need to know when I took a picture I can check in ifile.

Thanks

Would be nice if we could just bring up some kind of "properties" window about each pic, showing file name, size, date, etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Would be nice if we could just bring up some kind of "properties" window about each pic, showing file name, size, date, etc.
    If I'm not mistaken, each photo taken does have this kind of info embeded; EXIF data segments
    If not something like iFile, certainly a tool like that does have some use so I 'd be surpised if such a thing does not exist on Appstore (sdk-rules not withstanding)

I just wanted to put it out there so people knew. Since it wasnt mentioned in the op. I have no reason to need a timestamp on my pics, that's the main reason I haven't tried it. If I need to know when I took a picture I can check in ifile.
    Good eye. Maybe Joshua can add this info to the article. I'm not certain of the young developer's implemantion, so the lower quality of the pic might be part of his processing.
    Last edited by optimo; 05-12-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

And geographic/location data is embedded too i think. That's why it wants to use location services when you open the camera app.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Doesn't work for me.

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, each photo taken does have this kind of info embeded; EXIF data segments
    If not something like iFile, certainly a tool like that does have some use so I 'd be surpised if such a thing does not exist on Appstore (sdk-rules not withstanding)

Good eye. Maybe Joshua can add this info to the article. I'm not certain of the young developer's implemantion, so the lower quality of the pic might be part of his processing.
    I'll edit it accordingly. Thanks for the head's up.

iFile = $4.00
    Stampr = $0.00

Chaching.

Also, in my mind, it's more convenient to just have it right there, why snoop around? But thanks for letting me know about this; I never knew. I'll add it.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 05-12-2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice one, thanks! going to download it now
    The only one downside is that this app keeps 2 copies of each photo - there should be some smarter way to keep timestamps in the memory, not just another copy of the same photo with the timestamp
    But anywayzzz, it looks good, I like it

Thanks

Maybe Joshua can add this info to the article.
    Feel free to call me Josh Optimo .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    Doesn't work for me.
    The author mentioned to me that it might not be working on 4.3+ as expected, and that he's planning another update soon. Perhaps only 4.2 users are getting the best of this current version.

Thanks

The author mentioned to me that it might not be working on 4.3+ as expected, and that he's planning another update soon. Perhaps only 4.2 users are getting the best of this current version.
    It could very possible that it's on your end. I'm running my iPhone 4 GSM 32 GB on 4.3.3 and it's working flawlessly. Trying rebooting or respringing.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It resprings when you install it. I'm going to remove it anyway since I read about it being a second picture. I can't stand lossy formats in the first place, much less generation loss.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

update:
    I just tested, made a photo - original photo is 1.4MB while the datestamped copy only 50KB
    so just to let you know...