Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: DUI Checkpoint Apps Asked To Sober Up

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    I'm so glad these apps might be going away... and to anyone ho argues with me, its an app designed to help you evade the law. that is also against the law.
    So, you are ok with ignoring the constitution? It's ok because it takes dangerous drunks off the road? First off, might want to check the arrest stats of a checkpoint. Second off, just like everything else, it will expand. By ok'ing DUI checkpoints, you are pretty much agreeing to allow the police to pull you over with no cause. FWIW, the Michigan Supreme Court says just that. That's why they don't allow checkpoints.

  2. #22
    Checkpoints do nothing for safety. It is pure revenue generation by nabbing people who are 0.08 or barely over. 0.08% is an absolute joke. The true threats are the people who are smashed and are visibly not driving very well. By everyone buying into this, MADD thinks they are getting what they want, the governments (local, state, and federal) get more money from fines, and people get to make more propaganda films to encourage society to shun people who drink. There is a HUGE line between driving "buzzed" and driving drunk.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to ramicio For This Useful Post:

    javiert30 (05-11-2011)

  4. #23
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Railroader View Post
    That's something I would neither be proud of nor post on an open forum.
    Oh man. Look at that law breaker. You'd make a good hall monitor or security guard. BTW, I've been street racing for 15 years. I'll be street racing 15 years from now.



    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Railroader View Post
    Uh huh, yep, they have DUI Checkpoints to control you and destroy the nation's freedoms
    You may be alright with the state violating your rights to provide "safety" but I'm not. Stopping the public en masse for questioning without probable cause is a violation of our rights.

    I take that previous suggestion back. You'd make a good Nazi security guard. I can see now.......Deputy Hans Doofy.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

  5. #24
    I do things that are illegal, but not morally wrong, and to someone with common sense, wouldn't be illegal. I want my privacy and rights. Even if I am not doing something wrong that doesn't give anyone the authority to be all up in my business in the name of national security or safety. I have nothing to hide, but i still don't let my privacy or rights be violated. I know when I've had too much to drink to be able to safely drive, so I don't, but I'm not going to cower in fear and not drive if I'm confident I can and my BAC is over 0.08%. By having these laws they are punishing the everyone because of acts of a few irresponsible. These problems will NEVER be solved, especially not by an iron fist.

    Driving is a right. I lost my license because driving is a privilege, and privileges means you need to be of a certain class to be able to do something. I didn't make a lot of money at the time, my car failed inspection. On the way back home I got pulled over because not having new inspection stickers. They gave me 14 days to get it inspected. I did it in 15. Too late. Fines. Can't afford them. They take my license without telling me. A douche in a pickup truck hits my car, calls the cops. I get a fine for being suspended. I currently will have no license for 2 damn years. I don't live in an area where everything is accessible by foot or bike. My job is 50 miles away and there is no bus route there. Thanks to big business killing mom and pop shops, I can't get everything I need by walking or by bike. They are successfully killing the middle class. They are telling us we don't have the right to travel.
    Last edited by ramicio; 05-11-2011 at 05:42 PM.

  6. #25
    One would think Criminal Schumer would have MUCH more important issues to worry about. Give the government an inch and they WILL take a mile or more!

  7. #26
    He's worried about getting the TSA to invade Amtrak trains now.

  8. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,117
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 95 Times in 67 Posts

    Welcome to AMERICA boys and girls......the land where all of your opportunity and freedoms are slowly eroding away. You think DUI checkpoints are bad?.....Just wait and see what else this country is planning behind closed doors.

  9. #28
    It's global, but those of us who know what is coming are just considered loons by the masses. The dumb masses who won't fight for anything that's right. They will just sit glued to their telescreens. It's funny too because all the people with authorities don't even try to lie good anymore. They are blatant and horrible at lying and most people still don't care what happens because they are sucked into their facebook and trash TV. I just heard our electric rates are going up, and are set to go up 15% a year for the next 5 years. Plus they are doing rates based on time of day and day of week. Sounds borderline (more like fully) communist to me. We are truly living in a communist WORLD, and slipping day by day into a 1984 world. Those who can't see this, just do yourself a favor now and end your life, because you won't be able to handle life when it actually gets bad. Actually, I'm mistaken about the prices going up. All currencies in the world except the Yuan is in constant and accelerating decline. Buy gold and silver now to have something worthwhile to exchange for the coming global 666 currency.
    Last edited by ramicio; 05-11-2011 at 08:14 PM.

  10. #29
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    Thus the Constitution protects people from being stopped without a search warrant or at least “probable cause” that they have committed a crime.

    It's pretty clear.
    It's "pretty clear" you say? The term "unreasonable" opens the door for a whole lot of ambiguity.

    Take a look at the number of drunk driving related fatalities each year and I think you'll find a strong argument for them being "reasonable searches."

    Also, take a look at the stats for European countries where the enforcement is much higher.

  11. #30
    Again, what you are advocating is that everyone is guilty and has to prove their innocence...plus succumb to illegal searches. There is no probable cause. Now if a cop is following someone and sees them driving erratically, that is most definitely probable cause. If all these illegal loss of rights are effective you would see the stats go down. There is no positive agenda except for them to condition everyone to give away their rights in the name of false safety. No matter what you believe, no standing government can't save you from yourself. Stuff happens in life, get over it. If you want to live a life where nothing bad ever happens to anyone then you should find a way to just hook your brain up to some kind of Matrix and make everything perfect and stay out of everyone's else reality. You should take statistics about social matters with a grain of salt. Unless you can read people's minds and get statistics yourself there should be no reason for anyone to accept them as true.

  12. #31
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    Finally some sanity. Check points are technically illegal. The apps are alerting citizens of illegal activity conducted by the police so they can avoid entrapment. BAC is subjective. Your brain and body learn to tolerate alcohol the more you get used to drinking. 0.08% is going to make an alcohol virgin drunk, where 0.08% will make a seasoned drinker not even buzzed. Buzzed driving is not drunk driving. DUIs weren't a problem in the 50s, 60s, and 70s when a lot of people would literally drink while driving. You are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, but check points basically are saying "you are guilty, now prove your innocence."
    People fail to grasp how little alcohol it takes for your judgement and reaction time. Yes for "seasoned drinkers" it takes more than a first timer, but the amount it takes for them is also much lower than people seem to realize.

    And as your drinking progresses, your body tolerance begins to decrease.

    How were DUIs not a problem? In the 70s over 60% of traffic fatalities were the result of drunk driving. Molestation and domestic abuse "weren't a problem in the 50s, 60s, and 70s" either because the number of reported incidents were so low, right? People always look back in time with such blind nostalgia.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    Again, what you are advocating is that everyone is guilty and has to prove their innocence...plus succumb to illegal searches. There is no probable cause. Now if a cop is following someone and sees them driving erratically, that is most definitely probable cause. If all these illegal loss of rights are effective you would see the stats go down. There is no positive agenda except for them to condition everyone to give away their rights in the name of false safety. No matter what you believe, no standing government can't save you from yourself. Stuff happens in life, get over it. If you want to live a life where nothing bad ever happens to anyone then you should find a way to just hook your brain up to some kind of Matrix and make everything perfect and stay out of everyone's else reality. You should take statistics about social matters with a grain of salt. Unless you can read people's minds and get statistics yourself there should be no reason for anyone to accept them as true.
    So we shouldn't use any scanners or anything at all at airports either then, right?
    Last edited by mortopher; 05-11-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. #32
    1. Molestation wasn't a big problem because "those kinds of people" were shunned by society. Now they have parades.
    2. Domestic abuse wasn't a problem because everyone minded their own business, and people didn't just get married for no reason like they do now.

    No, we should NOT use any scanners at airports. I'll let you give me a statistic about how many terrorists these TSA goons with scanners and molestations have found. I know the answer. The underwear bomber was a complete drugged-out patsy. He wasn't traveling domestically. Authorities were told to let him on despite not having a passport. Keep buying into mainstream media and their statistics and it will only lead to your own demise...

    The truth can truly enlighten you if you still have any common sense left to piece things together.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to ramicio For This Useful Post:

    javiert30 (05-11-2011)

  15. #33
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    1. Molestation wasn't a big problem because "those kinds of people" were shunned by society. Now they have parades.
    2. Domestic abuse wasn't a problem because everyone minded their own business, and people didn't just get married for no reason like they do now.
    This is more than enough to make me realize there is no point in debating with you any further.

    Good day to you.

  16. #34
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mortopher View Post
    This is more than enough to make me realize there is no point in debating with you any further.

    Good day to you.
    Where are you at/from Mortopher? This new avatar says Dallas.... But the "good day" being posted several hours after the sun has gone down here in the big-D says otherwise. Perhaps it was just a figure of speech??

    LET'S GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!

  17. #35
    What's Jailbreak? ShredNasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    252
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 37 Times in 28 Posts

    Those who would sacrifice freedom for safety deserve and shall get neither.

    Just sayin.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

  18. #36
    Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Orleans - Who dat nation
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 114 Times in 87 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    I'm so glad these apps might be going away... and to anyone ho argues with me, its an app designed to help you evade the law. that is also against the law.
    Do you know what is a speedtrap? It is one speed trap designed specifically to catch the people 99% of the time with no sense at purpose to make money for the goverment. Like if you are driving at 45 miles per hour then suddenly after 1 feet from where you are you got to change to 20, and right there are the (Live Police) waiting for you. Who is doing something illegal? This is one of the reasons why you need Trapster, to detect the live police and if you have that alert with time, now you are going to have time to slow your speed at that point, not like before 1 feet from there and they catch you, plus you are not driving safest than before. Is that illegal?

    Enforcement Points are right there waiting for you. Hided where you can not see them, They know they can catch you, why? because there is a Speed TRAP specially designed for that.

    Mobile Speed Cameras - They are mobile cameras and they put it in specific places like the same situation before and later you are going to receive a letter with a beautiful picture of you and your car.

    Check Point - You know what it is and yes you can use Trapster to evade them if you are drunk (just the same thing if one friend of you see the check point before and he call you to your phone and tell you "don't come thru this way, there are a check point" . Trapster help the people in this way letting the people know with time that somewhere is a check point so you can take the decision, you can take the risk and come thru the check point which Im sure you are going to doit even without Trapster, because you are not going to know. You can call one friend of you or member of your family so they can pick you up or form the app itself press call a taxy. Again what is illegal on it?

    One interview with one sheriff in Texas talking about Trapster he was saying that when he was working in one check point when he stop several people, they were parents of some people that they knew they were drinking, and they saw the alert on Trapster and that's why they were going to pick them up, before something can happen to them, because they knew they were drinking. The sheriff itself said, thats what we need.

    Me myself as a Moderator I reported 3 redlight and speed combo cameras, failing, they take pictures randomly even if the light is greeen and obviously assigning tickets to people randomly even if you are following the law, you can see the flash of the camera even when there are not traffic. You think that's fair for the citizens? Who's doing something illegal?

    You can report accidents in your way. Now you can take another route, what is illegal on that?

    Trapster have another options like report:

    Brush Fire
    Dangerous Intersection
    Dangerous Curve
    Narrow Bridge Ahead
    Toll Booth
    School Zone
    Children At Play
    Flooded Road
    Ice On Road
    Road Closed Ahead
    Road Kill - When you find an animal dead in the road
    Construction Zone
    Road Hazard - something that can cause an accident in the road.

    Are you evading the law using Trapster?

    Trapster do not promote nothing against the law, we want the people to drive safety, driving safety can safe your life and the life of others, knowing with time whats going on, on your way so you can take the right decision before you think to break the law, be in trouble or do something that can risk your life. Trapster helps you to safe your life and your money at the same time.

    That's the difference between Trapster and another similar applications. That's why Trapster is and is going to still in App Store.

    I invite you to try it out, then give us the review and how it helped you.

    Trapster is not going to be removed from App Store, Trapster don't do nothing illegal, nothing against the law, but help the people.
    Last edited by javiert30; 05-12-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

  19. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by ramicio View Post
    He's worried about getting the TSA to invade Amtrak trains now.
    Haha, as if Amtrak isnt already a big pile of garbage. Add the TSA for a little more stink!!
    Schumer should be good for that.

  20. #38
    Stop these apps which make people ignore the safety more and more...just because human frailties is hard to control!

  21. #39
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    So, you are ok with ignoring the constitution? It's ok because it takes dangerous drunks off the road? First off, might want to check the arrest stats of a checkpoint. Second off, just like everything else, it will expand. By ok'ing DUI checkpoints, you are pretty much agreeing to allow the police to pull you over with no cause. FWIW, the Michigan Supreme Court says just that. That's why they don't allow checkpoints.
    Where in the constitution does it say you can't be randomly tested for alcohol?


    Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

  22. #40
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 37 Times in 30 Posts

    Ok. Here's where I'm coming from. I see this issue in black and white, it's illegal to drive drunk or speed, therefore an app that helps you to evade the police is illegal. I probably see it in this way because I lost one of my cousins to a "buzzed" driver. One of my friends at school had his brother killed by another "buzzed" driver. And it's bullcrap that this app, an app that assists criminals, is still on the app store. It's as simple as this: don't drink and drive and you don't have to worry about the police.

    Sent from my iPod touch using ModMy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •