Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileNotifier Beta4 And Extras With Peter Hajas - Video Interview

Default MobileNotifier Beta4 And Extras With Peter Hajas - Video Interview

Undoubtedly a prevalent area of any iDevice that is commonly tweaked by developers is the notification system and alerts. Many have taken a stab at it and have released some good additions. One in particular, MobileNotifier, has made the news countless times due to it's elegant look and user-intuitive style. With the "iOS Notifications. Done right" mentality, it has risen the ranks to become one of the best notification system tweaks out there. Created by Peter Hajas, it is entirely open source and is free to download and use. MobileNotifier is currently on version beta3 and is expecting some major additions in the coming future. Although many of the additions are posted on Peter Hajas's website, it is unknown about what new features will be added first. There is also a sense of curiosity for finding out if there are other additions that have no been mentioned publicly.

I had the opportunity to conduct a interview via Skype with Peter Hajas to ask him a few questions and have him demo some of the upcoming beta4 implementations. Along with his discussion and demo of MobileNotifier, he let's us in on an a few announcements he has not made public; a ModMyi exclusive. The 15 minute video showcases all that was discussed and announced in regards to MobileNotifier and another project Peter Hajas is working on called Widge.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbK_V7ZzFjU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbK_V7ZzFjU[/ame]

For more information about MobileNotifier and Widge, visit Peter Hajas's website. The repo for installing MobileNotifier is listed below:

--> phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo

For bug issues and implementation suggestions, visit MobileNotifier's GitHub page. Also, follow Peter Hajas on Twitter for updates and other tweets regarding MobileNotifier and Widge.

Feature(s) releasing in the next update:

• New alert style
    • Lockscreen - list of pending alerts
    • Intelligent alert and dismiss on pending list - dimisses alerts automatically (whether you open the app that has the notifications or you click the notification window)
    • Speed improvements, memory efficiency, less affect on battery life

Feature(s) coming soon:

• Quick reply for SMS (internal and native)

This implementation specifically will begin being tested in the next coming days and should be released in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Joshua Tucker; 05-11-2011 at 11:29 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joshua Tucker For This Useful Post:

bartzjosh (05-11-2011), Eagleye (05-11-2011), gthugballin (05-11-2011), Shwizz (05-11-2011)

I love everything about this app its great and cant wait for bitesms support!

~Tim

If I have helped you then thank me.

Idk If It Was Just Me But The Old Beta Wouldn't Let Me Answer Tango Calls Hope They Fixed It

UPDATED POST: Still Doesn't Work With Tango And Also Not To Bitesms Friendly At Some Times
    Last edited by DeathOfLife; 05-13-2011 at 09:01 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Josh - Awesome coverage of a great cydia tweak...exclusive skype interview = genius. This is a great tweak that I look forward to future developments! Keep up the good articles.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (05-14-2011), Joshua Tucker (05-11-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

until this is integrated with bitesms i do not see the point. Why have a notifier that makes you switch into the message app to reply when it can be done from the very screen you are on.

I have noticed quick reply is coming soon and this tweak looks very nice but until then, bitesms seems the much better choice.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joehowes For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (05-11-2011), ronfin44 (05-11-2011)

Look forward to getting this!

cant wait for widge

cool man, nice work this guys have done. My i4 is so much complete after MobileNotifier, as Peter said, i was always kind of jealous about my friends with BB and Android with their simple notification system, then MN came along and made my i4 better.
    Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cacaiolbs For This Useful Post:

SnowLeo (05-11-2011)

I never could get this to work right... I think that LockInfo is the best of the worst of these type of apps. All of theme seem to cause performance issues and clash with Snowcover4, which is one of my top priorities when it comes to mobile substraights.

tim

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Josh you are a freakin beast man. Probably one of the best iOS reporters i think we have!

Funny story, my last name is Tucker too....

You will go far kid, just off the name alone....lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gameviper For This Useful Post:

Joshua Tucker (05-11-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Downloading this goodness now. I wonder how it will operate with BiteSMS installed...

Looks better than previous versions but Notified Pro with grip theme is WAY better. Especially the latest 2.0 beta versions.

Notified Repo

this app is great..like i said in the post on notifications last week. great job bro keep up the good work =D
    looking foward to 3.1.x support i use an iPhone 2G(;
    is there a way to have a transparent wallpaper for mobilenotifier?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Until quick reply is supported I can't see using this since I send/receive a couple hundred texts a day.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

OMG If this has quick reply I would finally be soooo happy.

add quick reply and im definately on board

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Looks better than previous versions but Notified Pro with grip theme is WAY better. Especially the latest 2.0 beta versions.

Notified Repo
    i think notified is a lil better set up and more bugs worked out. it would work a lot better if the two developers worked together...cuz honestly with notified pro beta the position of the notification is the only thing that annoys me

Thanks

looking forward to "Widge" more i think!

speaking of notified pro beta...does anyone have the second to last version compatible with ios3 that would great

Thanks

Awesome interview Josh thank you

26. The Following User Says Thank You to mmaboi21 For This Useful Post:

Joshua Tucker (05-11-2011)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast