+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sidestep Data Caps With Onavo

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by CONVBMW Writers are writers. You are a "member". You get the privilege of being here. Idiot. If everyone was like u, the government would be able to
    Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CONVBMW View Post
    Writers are writers. You are a "member". You get the privilege of being here.

Idiot.
    If everyone was like u, the government would be able to walk around with aa-12's and blast anyone that got in their way, because they are the govt, and u r the citizen. U only have the privilege of living here, they would say

You are a negative influence on this world

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuinegLearbliajEht View Post
    If everyone was like u, the government would be able to walk around with aa-12's and blast anyone that got in their way, because they are the govt, and u r the citizen. U only have the privilege of living here, they would say

You are a negative influence on this world
    Sure, whatever you say mr. I Have Only One Post...

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    You signed up on this site, free of charge, and agreed to the forum rules and terms of use. You might want to review those. Freedom of Speech as defined by the Constitution of the United States of America does not apply here or to any other privately owned and operated internet forum.

Apple, iPhone & iPad News | ModMyi.com - About

As for the article itself, it sounds like a neat idea, although I'm somewhat surprised that Apple let this into the App Store. Good for them if it works well, though. Seeing as how I'm on wi-fi for 95% of my day, my current 200MB data plan is plenty for me. I might try this if I ever go on an extended trip where I might not be around wi-fi much.
    Dude, thanks for pointing out that we agreed to the terms of use

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fbiryujin View Post
    Wow. Great to see that the ModMyI staff censors people. So much for free speech.
    Your right to free speech doesn't force others to provide you a forum in which to exercise it. Wanna say what you like with impunity? Create your own forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy00 View Post
    Your right to free speech doesn't force others to provide you a forum in which to exercise it. Wanna say what you like with impunity? Create your own forum.
    XP you are so smart!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Getting off beyond off topic now...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have SOOOO many questions about this service. First is how trustworthy is it, could they get my passwords/billing info and how do I know they aren't storing it and we might see another PSN debacle? Second is does it work in any country? Third is how in the world is this a free service!? I can't imagine the amount of bandwidth they have to process, how could they afford to do it all for free??? I'd love this service as I only have 1gb a month in Honduras, but too many questions!

EDIT: Found a list of supported devices and operators http://getsatisfaction.com/onavo/top..._and_operators

EDIT 2: It will eventually cost. http://getsatisfaction.com/onavo/top...ivacy_and_more and here is there privacy statement http://www.onavo.com/privacy_policy

Guess I should have researched before I posted :P But anyone who was wondering these things here you go! Also here is an explanation of exactly what is going on when they compress the data: http://getsatisfaction.com/onavo/top...n_i_control_it
    Last edited by jguest; 05-11-2011 at 11:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Doesn't seem it's supported for 3g. And it zaps Tmobile APN settings
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    Same here.

Seriously pissed off.
    It seems that it's not supported for iPhone 3G. Just 3GS and above I think. I have a 3G and it does the same as you are reporting. Just shows the on button but I can't activate it. So that's probably why.

Also, be warned. My friend has his phone set to the T-Mobile APN settings. Once this ap installed the user profile, it zapped his APN settings. He was not too happy. Seems they need to do some updates to this software for sure.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    Sure, whatever you say mr. I Have Only One Post...

That is JailBreakGenius, he got banned and made a typo spelling his name backwards. lol they should ban his IP.

Sounds like a great service for someone who doesn't have unlimited data. I am grandfathered in and use 8-10GB a month.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SuinegLearbliajEht View Post
    If everyone was like u, then this world would be a better place because I'm an idiot and I get banned at the drop of a hat because I'm a troll.

I am a negative influence on this world
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    That is JailBreakGenius, he got banned and spelled his name backwards. lol they should ban his IP.
    Haha he screwed it up when he typed it out so now it corresponds to TheJailbrealGenius instead of TheJailbreakGenius. Now it is just funny. Even funnier because now he's banned again. We should start a pool to pick how long he'll get to stay on the site before he gets caught and banned again.
    Last edited by alexevo; 05-12-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks

So, is that id10t gone for good now? Making another account during your 7 day ban is an automatic IP ban.

Twitter: @tshoults

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123