Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android Port to 3GS and A4 Progress Report

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanski View Post
    Lol, I've been waiting almost two years for this.
    I have as a well since hearing of the 3g release
    What's an iPhone

3. The Following User Says Thank You to estebanserrano For This Useful Post:

Joshua Tucker (05-11-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi everyone!

First post on mmi :-)

I switched to the iPhone 4 after 18months on the htc hero. Having gone through the pains of fragmentation and botched carrier firmware updates(one of then removed all paid apps from android market..)I had to go down the path of rooting and custom roms in order to get a usable phone.

I spent more time with my phone connected to my pc than using it as a phone. Not the ideal end user experience

Having said that, things like native support for fully interactive widgets and the open nature of android are things that I miss.

If they could get iTunes and the app store to work with the android port I would never need another phone (not that likely I know..)

Is there one(will there be one) available for iPod 2g?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abhad View Post
    Hi everyone!

First post on mmi :-)

I switched to the iPhone 4 after 18months on the htc hero. Having gone through the pains of fragmentation and botched carrier firmware updates(one of then removed all paid apps
    from android market..)I had to go down the path of rooting and custom roms in order to get a usable phone.

I spent more time with my phone connected to my pc than using it as a phone. Not the ideal end user experience

Having said that, things like native support for fully interactive widgets and the open nature of android are things that I miss.

If they could get iTunes and the app store to work with the android port I would never need another phone (not that likely I know..)
    That's funny cuz I have both the iPhone and the htc hero and I have never had any of then problems and the HTC widgets are amazing not buggy at all. So sir you must of gotten a faulty Hero

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry, what I meant was that I miss the widgets on my old hero, now that I have an iPhone (per page HTML is ok, but not quite the same).

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

maybe we need to donate to Geohot and he take a stab at it lol
    "R-R"

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Obviosuly you havent played with other HTC Android based smartphones. Swappin the phone for another same phone wont solve the glitch that phone in general has. So many ways to customize the phone from running stock firmware to running custom firmware oveclocking the CPU imagine these guys in 6 months achieve just that. Overclock the A4 processor and run Android on iPhone 4. That iPhone would be pure animal. iOS is great just cant do what Android can and HTC makes some of the best Android based phones.
    I have had the motorola devour, moto droid, HTC incredible, Moto droid 2, Moto droid X and the HTC inspire 4g. They have all been rooted, different ROMS installed and all overclocked. Trust me when I say that I KNOW Android, I'll bet much more than you. And it doesnt matter which device you run, they are glitchy out of the box and with roms installed. I would love to see the iphone overclocked, but it runs perfect as is. No need for it. All my other devices just got more unstable when rooted and overclocked.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234