Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Android Port to 3GS and A4 Progress Report

Quote Originally Posted by Wesss View Post
    Nice, can't wait to use this

This is one of the best articles I've read in some time here on MMI
    Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the encouragement.

Keep up the great reporting Josh.

Great reporting rule: No news for the day go out and find one. And getting an interview on a project that interests many is a great thing.

Great article.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Joshua Tucker (05-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Keep up the great reporting Josh.

Great article.
    I'll continue to do the best I can .

i must say josh does write interesting articles.

but no offence but its funny how everyone on here is always talking about ios is better than android but yet when thier capable of putting it on their idevice then android becomes huge?? idk just dont get it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DevouredDreams For This Useful Post:

Joshua Tucker (05-11-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    i must say josh does write interesting articles.

but no offence but its funny how everyone on here is always talking about ios is better than android but yet when thier capable of putting it on their idevice then android becomes huge?? idk just dont get it
    I think it has to do with more of why people are drawn to jailbreaking period. The ability to do what they want with their device. Being able to dual boot is something that many want to just get that flavor of android once and a while. And also to have a choice.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

NakedFaerie (05-11-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    Android bearly runs stable on android devices...... Why the hell would you want it on your apple device. iOS maybe dated, but its solid as rock and the finish on the software is second to none. I had 8 android devices up to the new HTC inspire 4g, and they all have quirks that you just dont see with apple. Be happy with the best, because thats what you have.
    Obviosuly you havent played with other HTC Android based smartphones. Swappin the phone for another same phone wont solve the glitch that phone in general has. So many ways to customize the phone from running stock firmware to running custom firmware oveclocking the CPU imagine these guys in 6 months achieve just that. Overclock the A4 processor and run Android on iPhone 4. That iPhone would be pure animal. iOS is great just cant do what Android can and HTC makes some of the best Android based phones.

I think it has to do with more of why people are drawn to jailbreaking period. The ability to do what they want with their device. Being able to dual boot is something that many want to just get that flavor of android once and a while. And also to have a choice.
    i get your point. Choices are great to have, but i guess where I tried android out for a while I dont really care to much for it as I do ios.

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    i get your point. Choices are great to have, but i guess where I tried android out for a while I dont really care to much for it as I do ios.
    Same here. I had a couple android phones and they were alright but iOS and the iPhone touch interface just has me. But I wouldn't mind playing with Android every once in a while. I really want to try out honeycomb on a tablet but haven't got around to going to the store to try them.

Same here. I had a couple android phones and they were alright but iOS and the iPhone touch interface just has me. But I wouldn't mind playing with Android every once in a while. I really want to try out honeycomb on a tablet but haven't got around to going to the store to try them.
    Honeycomb has an incredible ui (i like the neon type of blue it uses). ios could use some ui changes. I believe thats the only thing i liked about android was the ui changed with every update. I hated eclair, but i liked froyo as well as gingerbread. The custom roms was nice, and the ability to set the cpu to my liking, but IOS IS THE SHIZNIT!! lol

Thanks

I had issues with it running super slow and laggy on the 3G. I hope this can be fully functional on the 3GS.

Banned
    Thanks

This is great news.
    I cant wait to install Android on my iPad. That'll show the Galaxy Tab owners :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    "The only reason android can be ported legally is because it is open source. iOS isn't. That is also why windows phone 7 couldn't be ported to android even tho its hard it would violate the laws"

didn't jailbreaking a phone once "violate" the laws?

Android on a 4g? Truly the best if both worlds.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to killakill For This Useful Post:

jOnGarrett (05-11-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoieleericky View Post
    "The only reason android can be ported legally is because it is open source. iOS isn't. That is also why windows phone 7 couldn't be ported to android even tho its hard it would violate the laws"

didn't jailbreaking a phone once "violate" the laws?
    ummm no

Jailbreaking/Unlocking exempt from DMCA, aka officially legal

@Joshua great article keep up the good work nice to see something different and not already told 

Thanks

I can see that if they can get to full functionality and decent stability for the 3g and 3gs it has the potential to give new life to old idevices abandoned by apple. suspect it will not be too much longer for the 3gs to see its last update. short term maybe not much to desire but long term potential is strong.

Can anyone confirm if I could dual boot iOS and iDroid?

lol, who cares? If I would want Android OS on my phone I wouldn't buy iPhone in the first place

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    I give props and respect to the devs involved for the insanely hard task they're doing. I can't imagine ruining the iExperience to boot Android though. If anything, you'd want iOS on an Android phone, but the Android market is so fragmented and is updated so often, I could see where that wouldn't get far. But could you imagine a Thunderbolt or an Atrix running iOS? A mobile Hackintosh!
    why would someone want to downgrade from Android to iOS? why would they want to be forced to use iTunes as opposed to drag and drop? why would they want strict control over their property? why would they want to have to jailbreak their device so they can do things Android already lets them do?

on the other hand, Android on an iphone 4 would give me a more flexible OS on a beautiful piece of hardware.

its called choice, and bang for your buck so two birds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast