+ Reply
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool, redsn0w, & ultrasn0w Updated for 4.3.3 Untethered

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Those guys are on a roll! Nice one!
    Thanks

Those guys are on a roll! Nice one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joerivera88 View Post
    When when updating to 4.3.3 from 4.0 with an already jailbroken iPhone do I need to update from iTunes first or update with the ipsw? I was trying to do it with 4.3.2 the other night and was unsuccessful. I did all the steps of holding the power and home button but after completing everything it would reboot like it said but to the exact same thing I had.
    Depends on what you're using. If you're using redsn0w, update using iTunes, open redsn0w and follow the prompts. It asks you to find the .ipsw file that you used to update, which in this case, will be somewhere in your iTunes folder.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Though I do not need it now, but I would like an update on the ultrasn0w unlock to baseband 02.10.04
    Been waiting since I bought the iPhone4 it came with 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the dev team will ever unlock 03.10.01, that's why I'm trying to trade my 32gb iphone 4 for a factory unlocked 16gb. Btw what ever happened to the brute force method?

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

massive thank you guys......and girls!!!!!

Thanks
    Yea they are rolling I'm just waiting on 4.2.8 untheter

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    ***UPDATE*** sn0wbreeze has been updated to support 4.3.3 untethered along with 4.2.8 untethered on Verizon as well.
    Merry Christmas my friend . The link for the Verizon and sn0breeze was at the very bottom of the post right above my Cydia screenshot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone try jailbreaking an ipod touch 4th gen yet? I'm having issues. I updated it through iTunes as normal, then launched Redsnow, browsed to firmware located in itunes file, all normal, booted into DFU mode as per the redsnow instructions, jailbreak started, limera1n started, got to "uploading ramdisk" and has now been hanging on that for almost 15 minutes! On the idevice I see a picture of a harddrive and a note saying "Downloading Jailbreak Data....."

Any thoughts?!?! This devide has never been jailbroken, but I have personally jailbroken every iphone version that's ever existed over the last 4+n years. It has NEVER taken this long so I know this isn't right, but don't want to stop it unless I know it's okay to do as this is a friends ipod. HELP!!! Thanks!

**update** okay wierd, the ipod just booted up normally, not jailbroken and the redsnow status stayed on "uploading ramdisk" any thoughts?
    Last edited by hacktarded1; 05-06-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: change in status

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hacktarded1 View Post
    Anyone try jailbreaking an ipod touch 4th gen yet? I'm having issues. I updated it through iTunes as normal, then launched Redsnow, browsed to firmware located in itunes file, all normal, booted into DFU mode as per the redsnow instructions, jailbreak started, limera1n started, got to "uploading ramdisk" and has now been hanging on that for almost 15 minutes! On the idevice I see a picture of a harddrive and a note saying "Downloading Jailbreak Data....."

Any thoughts?!?! This devide has never been jailbroken, but I have personally jailbroken every iphone version that's ever existed over the last 4+n years. It has NEVER taken this long so I know this isn't right, but don't want to stop it unless I know it's okay to do as this is a friends ipod. HELP!!! Thanks!

**update** okay wierd, the ipod just booted up normally, not jailbroken and the redsnow status stayed on "uploading ramdisk" any thoughts?
    I've had something similar happen (I can't remember with which Jailbreak program). I believe I had to go through the entire process again, and then it worked.

Also, have you tried rebooting? Maybe then the Cydia icon will show up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stuck on "uploading ramdisk" for the last half hour...I'm thinking it's not going to work

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried doing it all over again and got the same issue. Hung on uploading ramdisk for a while then the ipod just rebooted on it's own. No Cydia anywhere. I think it's an error with the Redsnow program. I'm sure the Dev Team will fix it. I sent them a message via twitter about it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Any word on redsn0w with 4.2.8 verizon phones? I thinking no because the last one(4.2.7) had a pushfix addition.... Will wait and see.

Was going to jb a friends verizon phone a few days before I heard about the update.

I'll be checking back.

And nice first news post(?)
    I'll

Green Apple
    Thanks

To fix the hanging on "uploading ramdisk" issue for Windows 7 users Follow these insturctions. Worked for me and fixed the isses I was having.

WIN 7 CPU AFFINITY = 1

right click on redsn0w.exe and run as admin......(no need for xp compatability mode)

start redsn0w.exe. do nothing else for now.

then hit alt+ctrl+del to bring up task manager

choose the Processes tab

locate Redsn0w.exe and right click

in the drop down menu go to

set affinity

check box next to CPU1 only uncheck all other boxes

use redsn0w as usual

Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 744 Posts

So if I update from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and upgrade my baseband to the newest, will ultrasnow unlock it? Im currently on the 4.0 firmware's baseband.

Can i (and how) update to 4.3.3 without updating my 1.59.00 baseband from 4.0?
    Last edited by iphonerookie; 05-06-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tjb5099 View Post
    I see no point in even bothering to upgrade, its too much work to re-do all my cydia packages...
    Absolutely get PKGbackup. It totally takes the hassle out of restoring your JB apps and settings after an update. It rocks!

Kupe

Thanks

What is exactly changed/addressed in 4.3.3? Anybody got release notes?

Thanks

thats awesome devteam rocks!!!! does anyone know if we r ever gettn boot animations again i lost it when i had to update my i4 to 4.3.2 when it fuckd up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tario70's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    So if I update from 4.1 to 4.3.3 and upgrade my baseband to the newest, will ultrasnow unlock it? Im currently on the 4.0 firmware's baseband.

Do NOT, I repeat NOT use redsn0w. You will update your baseband & lose your unlock.

If you can, find someone with a Mac to create a PwnageTool custom 4.3.3. firmware for you (or create yourself a Mac in a virtual machine), then use redsn0w to boot in to pwned DFU mode & install that custom firmware. Using PT is the only way to not update your baseband (though for an iPhone 4, you can use Tiny Umbrella to preserve baseband as well).

~Tario70

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Tucker View Post
    I agree in some fashion, however, it hardly takes anytime, at least on my end. Not to mention it's always best in my mind to be updated as high as you can so you can keep on top of the game and be able have all capabilities available to you.
    This is true in some cases. In this case there really isn't much NEED to update. What does iOS 4.3.3 bring?
    *Checks online*

*Sighs*

Nothing that cydia cant fix.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post

PwnageTool?
    Sn0wbreeze?
    Last edited by iFrosty; 05-06-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the windows one stops working once it gets to " loading ramdisk ". it just freezes there. Anyone having the same problem on their PC? Let me know how to fix this.