Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-18-2011, 12:49 PM #221
06-18-2011, 01:00 PM #222
06-18-2011, 01:01 PM #223
06-21-2011, 05:10 AM #224
Many people complained that my method for activating is very complicated so i had to think about something more simpler than it and something popped in my mind about the custom bundle option in redsn0w so i made one which simplifies the whole process.
What you will need:
iTunes 10.5 Beta
redsn0w 0.9.8b1 ( Windows or Mac )
iOS5.1b1Bundle (mail me- [email protected])
1. Install iTunes 10.5
2. Put your device in DFU mode
3. in iTunes press shift+restore(Windows)|option+restore(Mac)
4. After process completes (you will see iPhone written on your lockscreen) power off, put your device in DFU mode/
5. Run redsn0w and browse for the iOS 5 firmware, press next and again next and again next and wait for your iphone to jailbreak(process is finished when the iPhone reboots).
5. After this put your device in DFU mode again run redsn0w and when you reach the point in redsn0w where you can select install cydia or install custom bundle or boot tethered etc. - select install custom bundle and browse for the tar archive with the bundle.
6. Boot tethered with redsn0w and activate normally with itunes. It will activate successfully and you will get service. All left to do is to complete the setup on your iPhone. It will ask you for language, country,operator (by the time it ask for operator i got service so i just pressed next), wifi, iCloud, and iTunes account.
In the bundle there is the modified SystemVersion.plist which replaces the original one and makes itunes think that final firmware is used so it does not require UDID registration. The only problem (not much of a problem) is that jailbreak is still tethered and every time you reboot the phone you need to boot tethered in order to use your jailbroken apps and safari.
MAKE IT SIMPLE SILLY
06-21-2011, 11:51 AM #225
Can anyone tell the known issues on jailbrking & unlocking on iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.0.1 ---> 4.3.3 using PwnageTool 22.214.171.124 & Windows 7...
Any know issues to be taken care off....
also suggest the unlocking of Ultrasn0w...
06-23-2011, 03:28 AM #226
I purchased the iPad 2 and I don't know or where to find the Cydia to install? Can someone help me out with this process.
06-23-2011, 03:37 AM #227
To Install Cydia you need to JailBreak.
There is no JailBreak for the iPad2 yet.He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
06-23-2011, 05:54 PM #228Help
How do I get a jailbreak 4.3 cuz I can't find anything but the one where it tells me to downgrade my iPod touch. HELP PLEZZZZZ!!
06-23-2011, 05:57 PM #229
06-25-2011, 01:23 PM #230
06-25-2011, 03:24 PM #231
Use redsnow 0.9.4 and point it to a 3.1.2 firmware. That will jailbreak and activate the phone for you. Only choose the option to install cydia.
06-26-2011, 03:15 PM #232
iPhone 3G 8gb running frim 4.0.2 and baseband 05.13.04-6.4_M3S2........WTF do I do with this? All the research I've done and tried backing up my SHSH blobs in both iFaith and tinyUmbrella 5.0...no deal...tiny says TOO LATE SORRY!
Can I just upgrade in iTunes and then JB? I don't know what iTunes will upgrade to...and is there a JB for it? Will a Tracphone sim work in the iPhone?
Figured I'd ask all you younger guys with sharp minds...I'm an old fart and my file cabinet is too crowded...if I can remember where I put it.
06-26-2011, 03:24 PM #233
First of all, you must be careful. You have an unlockable baseband (aka 5.13.04). What ever you do, it must be done with a custom-built firmware to keep the baseband in its current unlockable state.
Second ..... the maximum firmware version for a 3G is 4.2.1. (Note: current is 4.3.3 for later iDevices)
You're on 4.0.2 ... maybe you should stay put .... and not take any chances
06-28-2011, 09:25 AM #234
sir. can you help me how to download cydia
06-28-2011, 10:20 AM #235
06-28-2011, 11:03 AM #236
Hi, I just updated to 4.3.3 and preserved my baseband on 01.59.00. Now my FaceTime is stuck on waiting for activation. I am unlocked in the us with Att service. Please help I have tried a few things to no avail. thanks in advance!
06-29-2011, 09:13 AM #237
ALERT! i need help immediately. my iPhone is sim locked, which means its not letting any sim cards into it which is a pain. so ive treid to jailbreak it with redsn0w and it worked but all it does is stay on the pineapple logo any suggestions quickly? please, thanks
06-29-2011, 09:17 AM #238
07-02-2011, 01:33 PM #239
07-02-2011, 03:52 PM #240