+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple May Claim 75% of Global App Download Market This Year

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to the latest projections by research firm IHS iSuppli, Apple's App Store may very well claim a much bigger share of the mobile app download market than anyone previously
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple May Claim 75% of Global App Download Market This Year

According to the latest projections by research firm IHS iSuppli, Apple's App Store may very well claim a much bigger share of the mobile app download market than anyone previously anticipated. Despite the growth of the mobile app industry and a number of prominent new entries into the genre, Apple is expected to claim an astounding 75% of the total app download market this year.

"The Apple App Store continues to head off all competition," iSuppli's report reads. "Projected figures for the Apple App Store this year call for revenue of $2.91 billion, up 63.4 percent from $1.78 billion in 2010. Given that Apple devices such as the iPhone, iPod and iPad are the market leaders in their field, the company's App Store is expected to take in 76 percent of revenue this year..."

By comparison, Android users are projected to dish out some $425 million this year on apps, while another $200-$300 million will be spent in the BlackBerry App World and Ovi Stores. Despite the rise of these and other mobile platforms from which dedicated app stores have been launched, Apple is still predicted to retain better than 60% of revenue share for mobile apps by 2014.

In terms of the overall growth in the mobile app market, iSuppli estimates that the app download market will hit $8.3 billion in three years time (twice the market's current year performance). By 2014, Apple's annual App Store revenue should come in at about $5 billion.

Source: iSuppli
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 05-04-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

That sounds about right

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Yeah i dont doubt that. I dont think i know anyone that doesnt have an iphone, ipod, or ipad
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

Yep just downloaded like ten games over the weekend. EA sports had a huge sale.

This does not surprise me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 835 Posts

Ouch. This news should hammer the final nail into the WebOS coffin
    Last edited by Jahooba; 05-04-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks

Well apple cant say the iphone is number 1 anymore unless steve buys a small island and puts a house on it and the owner has an iphone as android is kicking apples butt , only thing google do suck on though is music and videos , just an appstore without an itunes service should keep apples false claims going when they finally release a new iphone , which has to be more than a 3gs type upgrade or the iphone wont live very long beyond 2011

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thumper_net View Post
    Well apple cant say the iphone is number 1 anymore unless steve buys a small island and puts a house on it and the owner has an iphone as android is kicking apples butt , only thing google do suck on though is music and videos , just an appstore without an itunes service should keep apples false claims going when they finally release a new iphone , which has to be more than a 3gs type upgrade or the iphone wont live very long beyond 2011
    Nice. I haven't felt the need to call someone a TROLL in a long time. TROLL!!!!!!

Thanks

@swatpac typical apple fanboy remark and ive not had the pleasure in using the dutch word yet till now stomme idioot , now i have

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

@swatpac typical apple fanboy remark and ive not had the pleasure in using the dutch word yet till now stomme idioot , now i have
    Apple fanboy?
    You're on a Apple fan site and Android and other OS fanboys are more annoying than Apple fanboys tbh.

Windows Phone and webOS are just dead! I can't even see Windows Phone ever gaining a marketshare in app downloads.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Yah that seriously gets annoying when people call us" apple fanboys".... Duudee your on modmyi!! We are here to talk about apple products.

Thanks

I like apple products and have most of them ( iphones , ipad. Macbook pro ect ) but also other gadgets and also android phones ,just enjoy playing with the latest tech , so not a fan of one type but all

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

I like apple products and have most of them ( iphones , ipad. Macbook pro ect ) but also other gadgets and also android phones ,just enjoy playing with the latest tech , so not a fan of one type but all
    I think your confused. You should try to be honest with yourself. You just got on Modmyi (site about apple products & news) to flame Apple & Apple Fanboys/Fangirls. I don't like "Fandroids", but I don't go on android sites to flame them.

Thanks

Iam just have an open mind , i have always had apple products and like them , my first was the original ipod , and have upgraded everytime a new product came out , so i think your comments are ott , just because i like gadgets and have other makes of products does not mean iam trolling or flaming this apple site , there is nothing wrong in saying i own other makes , same goes on android sites , if i dont agree 100% with how google operate i say so , and yes i dont agree on everything on that platform and have said so , just i never got such a childish respose as i read hear must be schoolkids , final point is i probably own more apple products than the attackers here , so grow up and keep this site a friendly and open site for all , everyone has a right to say something without being attacked by idiots

Thanks

Maybe they will have more android apps soon but apple still have onething android dont and thats itunes , no way yet to legally download music and video's s directly to thier phones , so apple is still the winner on that point , and having both appstores and music/videos combined on one phone will always be better than just apps on its own

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Android might pass Apple for number of apps.

But being a former droid user, I can tell you a lot of the apps on Google's market are complete crap. You know how Apple says " There's an app for that." Well their truly does seem to be an app for everything I need. From mobile banking , social networking , and entertainment applications Apple has built a Quality app store not quantity.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Android is growing and making a united version to fight iOS...can't imagine What Android can earn!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Key difference is quality over quantity; yes Android's platform might move ahead faster when compared to Apple -- but honestly I'll rather take Apple's reliability and quality over Android any day.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

This honestly isn't at all surprising.