+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: AT&T Rep Denies Summer iPhone 5 Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Since 2007, Apple has pegged summertime as the right time to introduce a new iPhone model - a predictable pattern that, until recently, was expected to continue in 2011. Unfortunately
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Rumor: AT&T Rep Denies Summer iPhone 5 Release

Since 2007, Apple has pegged summertime as the right time to introduce a new iPhone model - a predictable pattern that, until recently, was expected to continue in 2011. Unfortunately for eager next-gen iPhone buyers, it now appears from a variety of sources and mounting evidence that this long-held tradition will at last be broken this summer.

On Wednesday, reports surfaced that an unnamed AT&T representative alleged that Apple has notified the carrier that there will be no iPhone 5 release in either June or July of this year. Although calls placed to AT&T in a variety of departments today did not yield confirmation to me of the same information, it could very well be the case that some AT&T reps are more privy to sensitive information than others. Either that, or the assertion is simply based on simple misunderstandings or falsehoods.

"Apple has informed us that they do not plan to release the iPhone in the June to July timeframe, though there will be a newer version in the future," the initial report from MacRumors presented. "Unfortunately, we have not been given a release time for the new phone. We will release this information on our website when it is available to us."

As we've discovered via low-level employee leaks from the likes of Best Buy and Toys R Us, it isn't out of the question that this report could be rooted in truth. But perhaps the greatest evidence we maintain that Apple isn't rolling out the iPhone 5 until fall is that the company's annual Worldwide Developer Conference in June is being promoted as a software-focused event. If that's the case, don't expect to see the iPhone 5 on stage at San Francisco's Moscone West. That event could very well end with a rendition of "see you September" playing over the auditorium's speakers.

Source: MacRumors

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

Bigjohn0812 (05-04-2011)

Thanks

I got my i4, we need new design interior and exterior ,,if is the same as i4 I skip it until i6...call a friend from NYC work in at&t no new inventory in June and July .
    pain & time and glory

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope the devs don't wait for this iPhone to come out before the they release the iPad 2 jailbreak.

MuscleNerd is showing some progress in dumping the A5 bootrom.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plumoso View Post
    I got my i4, we need new design interior and exterior ,,if is the same as i4 I skip it until i6...call a friend from NYC work in at&t no new inventory in June and July .
    I'm happy with my i4, and back in the day a phone was good for 2-3 years so good apple changing the pace.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn... Was really looking forward to getting a new I5 within the next couple of months. Oh well i don't mind waiting. Am happy with my i4 any ways.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I never jump on the "why are you reporting rumors, Essany" but this is just redic. How many countless times have other iPhone users, including ourselves, been lied to by a ATT customer rep that has no clue what they're talking about.

Customer reps for ATT (and Apple for that matter) are always the last to know these sorts of things.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Oh geesh.... waited for the white iPhone 4 never arrived until this year, still using 3Gs here and wanted to upgrade to iPhone 5. Now I don't know what to do... keep waiting?

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Oh geesh.... waited for the white iPhone 4 never arrived until this year, still using 3Gs here and wanted to upgrade to iPhone 5. Now I don't know what to do... keep waiting?
    If it were me I'd 100% get a white iPhone 4, for several reasons.

1. You would have 4 months to enjoy it if the rumors are true and you wanted an iPhone 5 at release.

2. The resale value will be higher if you sell it to offset the cost of the ip5 because the 1 year warranty will be better than ip4s bought last year/later on

3. You could also wait 1-3 months after the ip5 is released to see how the quality is, wait for the rush to die down, etc, all the while enjoying your awesome white ip4.

4. So I can live vicariously through you since I did not have discipline that you do and bought a black ip4 when I really wanted white
    Last edited by iFiend; 05-04-2011 at 09:35 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iFiend For This Useful Post:

The Predator (05-04-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Guys: I am a hard core Mac Guy and got Evey idevice in launch day but got so bored using same phone everyday.
    So thought of android.
    So I shpopped around for a good Andre phone with some good plan as I use 3- 4 minutes a month on att. So my bill is 139 a month with att.
    finally I have got Tmobile 4g with UN talk,test, web for 79.
    Mind you, 4G speed is blew me away.
    And Tmobile gave me a credit of 175 towards my bill because I will be paying 135 to att, for early termination
    And I purchased LG G2X phone. Wow I loved the phone.

This phone is rock solid twin.core with 4G.
    You can check it out, and AI also saved some $45 q month and did not suffer a penalty.
    What you guys think. Did I took the right decision.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    Guys: I am a hard core Mac Guy and got Evey idevice in launch day but got so bored using same phone everyday.
    So thought of android.
    So I shpopped around for a good Andre phone with some good plan as I use 3- 4 minutes a month on att. So my bill is 139 a month with att.
    And Tmobile gave me a credit of 175 towards my bill because I will be paying 135 to att, for early termination

You can check it out, and AI also saved some $45 q month and did not suffer a penalty.
    Why on earth do you need the confirmation of internet strangers? Do you think you did the right thing?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iFiend For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (05-04-2011)

Thanks

That would be stupid to roll out another iPhone in the summer. It would kill the sales of the white iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sorry peeps but Apple only gives this type of info to top execs in the company. A customer service rep or store sales rep is the worst person to get your info from unless they can provide official company documents. I work out of ATT corp and from what I have seen there is still a blackout for time off set in the June-July timeframe just like the last few years. So until we get closer to the first week of June I wouldn't believe these reps.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flintTC For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (05-04-2011), Poseidon79 (05-04-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

So thought of android.

Yes! Great decision. The iPhone is becoming so boring now. I've also had all four versions of the iPhone and currently use the iPhone 4, but I'm just waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 to be released in the USA. I can't wait to say bye to Apple and all their BS restrictions!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

vikas3saraswat (05-05-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Until the release of the iPhone 5, I am going to stick to my theory that this is just an Apple gimmick. They are spreading rumors to make us think we are going to have to wait an extra few months for the phone. This will allow them maximize iPhone 4 sales and punish us for seeing the iPhone 4 early.

It's a crazy theory, but I can hope. Otherwise I am stuck using my 3GS longer than expected.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STM127 For This Useful Post:

bstunt10190 (05-04-2011), vantheman169 (05-04-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

So thought of android.

Yes right decision but lg phone is not as good. You should get samsung i9100

22. The Following User Says Thank You to tonyph33r For This Useful Post:

vikas3saraswat (05-05-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope (if they are extending the release date) that it's because they're making it sweeter! I'm cool with that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    I am in the same boat as you, i am getting bored with my 3GS i really wanted an iPhone 4 but it was not worth the upgrade for me. I hope this rumor is not true. But its not like apple to change up refresh procedures.

And if the iPhone "5" is a revamped version of the iPhone 4 i will be super pissed, but knowing apple it will be like the iPhone "4s" or some dumb crap. But for our sake, lets hope not.

Green Apple
    Thanks

But I do believe that we won't see a new iPhone till late summer but that's based on all the rumors.

Thanks

So a white ip4 is not a bad idea for a mothers day gift is it? lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Yes! Great decision. The iPhone is becoming so boring now. I've also had all four versions of the iPhone and currently use the iPhone 4, but I'm just waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 to be released in the USA. I can't wait to say bye to Apple and all their BS restrictions!
    Don't let the door...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iFiend For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (05-04-2011), justinpotter81 (05-04-2011), Slipknot82 (05-05-2011)

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast