+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: AT&T Rep Denies Summer iPhone 5 Release

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I usually have to wait until September for a new Touch, anyway, so my mental time-frame is uninterrupted by this news. And it gives me more time to save some
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 Times in 828 Posts

I usually have to wait until September for a new Touch, anyway, so my mental time-frame is uninterrupted by this news. And it gives me more time to save some $$, sot that's good, too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    As a person who used to work for Apple as an iPhone customer service rep I can 100% tell you that neither AT&T or Apple (unless they're high up in the company) employees would be able to tell you when the new iPhone comes out. If an employee was to tell you that a phone would come out at a certain time they probably heard it as a rumor online. they find out that the new iPhone comes out at the same time as the public find out.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if Apple does delay the ip5 because they just released the ip4 white. There would be a lot of pissed off people if they just purchased an ip4 white and a few months later the ip5 comes out. Or it might be because they are trying to do a 4g iPhone and AT&T is still in the process of purchasing T-Mobile.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AutoArt For This Useful Post:

The Predator (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,677 Times in 828 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seanmacg View Post
    Honestly, the employees at AT&T and most of the Apple employees know nothing what so ever or act as if they don't know when a new device is coming out, iv been told numerous times by AT&T and Apple that a device wasn't coming out when in fact it was. Sooo until theres true and confirmed evidence that the iPhone 5 isn't coming out this summer its not necessarily true.
    I thought about this. I thought, "Why would Apple tell them anything - they've got AT&T in their pocket."

But, June is next month - It would be kind of silly for Apple to withhold information from them at this point - AT&T needs to prepare and forecast profits/ sales/ etc., don't they?

Strategically I think someone at AT&T would have to know by now.

Also, keep in mind that the Summer extends to September 20th or so. If there's absolutely no Summer release, then it would have to come out in late September or beyond.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iFiend View Post
    If it were me I'd 100% get a white iPhone 4, for several reasons.

1. You would have 4 months to enjoy it if the rumors are true and you wanted an iPhone 5 at release.

2. The resale value will be higher if you sell it to offset the cost of the ip5 because the 1 year warranty will be better than ip4s bought last year/later on

3. You could also wait 1-3 months after the ip5 is released to see how the quality is, wait for the rush to die down, etc, all the while enjoying your awesome white ip4.

4. So I can live vicariously through you since I did not have discipline that you do and bought a black ip4 when I really wanted white
    That's what I did and I love it.. =P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think this rep was pushing to make an i4 sale, and his customer was curious about the i5. I'm not saying he's wrong, but I don't think Apple has told ATT that there wont be a phone.

Thanks
    good, because i just got the white verizon iphone 4 and i would feel left out. lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The white iPhone 4 looks clean. I speculate that there isn't going to be too much change from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5. There's some rumor going around that the exterior is going to look virtually the same.
    If that is the case, I would probably go for the White iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone have a link to the metal body shown in the OP? I am skipping the i5, but would love to get my hands on that casing for my i4.

Thanks
    from the concept pictures ive seen of the iphone, for some reason, it reminds me of the 2nd gen ipod touches.

if thats the case, i'll stick to my iphone 4 because to me, that is the sleekest and sexiest exterior design by far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the metal body shown in the OP? I am skipping the i5, but would love to get my hands on that casing for my i4.
    Here's the link.
    Last edited by chamboi42o; 05-04-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Those AT&T rep doesn't know ****.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glassJAw View Post
    I've had every iPhone released and was bored with it. So I bought the samsung captivate, I had that phone for 2 months and came crawling back to the iPhone 4.
    You probably came back because you had a samsung phone. Everyone in the Android community knows they are the worst android phones.......

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

This is crap. Most of the time we know things from here before the reps do. The iPhone will drop during the summer like always. I don't see apple changing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    This is crap. Most of the time we know things from here before the reps do. The iPhone will drop during the summer like always. I don't see apple changing it.
    I would def agree, but, they didn't have a iOS 5 event yet. Hmmmmm....

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can just imagine how much people will be crying when they find out the battery life is even less with the dual core chip. The iPad 2 lost a significant percentage of battery life when it went to the new A5. Yes, it gets 10 hour battery sometimes, but if you turn off the idle timer, you really see that it lost a fair amount of battery life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    I would def agree, but, they didn't have a iOS 5 event yet. Hmmmmm....
    They announce the new iOS with the new iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I had the metal body it screwed with my iPhone's reception
    Last edited by Rob2G; 05-04-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2G View Post
    They announce the new iOS with the new iPhone.

I had the metal body it screwed with my iPhone's reception

I recall there being a iOS 4 event before anything about the iPhone 4 was released.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ty22 View Post
    I recall there being a iOS 4 event before anything about the iPhone 4 was released.....
    http://www.geekology.co.za/blog/2010/06/iphone-4-ios-4-announced-at-apple-2010-wwdc/

They were both announced at WWDC.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2G For This Useful Post:

ty22 (05-04-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Yes! Great decision. The iPhone is becoming so boring now. I've also had all four versions of the iPhone and currently use the iPhone 4, but I'm just waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 to be released in the USA. I can't wait to say bye to Apple and all their BS restrictions!
    You'll be back. I went to the dark side. I had a Galaxy S. Piece. Of. SH!T. Lag, lag, lag, lag(lag), lag. Force close. Lag. Everything feels Beta as f*ck on Android. Every app is crap. FB. Angry Birds. Plasticy cheap hardware. JUNK camera. Oh, but I can get SMS Quick Reply for free without jailbreak. Awesome. My info says Captivate. That's a lie. I don't use it anymore, because while driving through traffic it glitched on me one too many times and I shattered the piece of sh!t across my dashboard. I now have a $10 Samsung flip until I can get my hands on a white i4. Sold out here in Tyler Texas....
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well I don't know Samsung i9100 will be with tmobile. But waiting for HTC sensation.

Thanks
    I have talked to a couple AT&T reps that manage the southern region of the US and they haven't heard of a release date. But, they have speculated that the I5 might not get released until AT&T gets their 4g/LTE network up and running at 100%.
    They made comments that is planned to be in late August or early September.
    And as I was told the reason is a hardware upgrade is needed to be compatible.
    So I'm going to wait and see before I get rid of my reliable 3G 16gig iPhone. I got it when it came out and haven't had and problems.
    True it isn't as fast the 3GS or the the ip4 but it's so reliable.