Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: AT&T Rep Denies Summer iPhone 5 Release

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

These folks that went to android phones will be saying the same thing about their new phones after awhile. To me the vivid pics of each icon is soo much better than the android, amongst other things. Guess we'll all find out in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by STM127 View Post
    Until the release of the iPhone 5, I am going to stick to my theory that this is just an Apple gimmick. They are spreading rumors to make us think we are going to have to wait an extra few months for the phone. This will allow them maximize iPhone 4 sales and punish us for seeing the iPhone 4 early.

It's a crazy theory, but I can hope. Otherwise I am stuck using my 3GS longer than expected.
    I have been thinking the same thing lately. Especially with more and more conflicting info that we hear each day. Feels like they are trying to cause mass confusion so that another Gizmodo/lost iPhone/no 3GSs are sold (ip4) doesn't happen. The majority of the public doesn't even care, or know, about a yearly iPhone refresh. But with what happened last year I think there are many who now do. Hence the misinformation.
    Last edited by iFiend; 05-04-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Considering sales figures, I think it's pretty safe to say that the vast majority of iPhone users are on 4 right now, which means that nearly nobody's going to be out of contract should the iPhone 5 hit this Summer. Sales of the 5 would initially pale in comparison to last year's model, so I figured they'd push the launch back as far as possible to rope more people into the early upgrade window.

Or they want the Verizon and AT&T versions to launch simultaneously, and the Verizon phone isn't done yet due to whatever reasons (i.e., LTE, CDMA radios, etc).

Or building supplies are limited due to Japan's recent catastrophes.

Also consider that it'd be silly to launch a different-colored version of last year's model 2 months before announcing the new model. They're staving off the iHungry crowds with the white phone.
    Last edited by steeda763; 05-04-2011 at 11:25 AM.
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steeda763 For This Useful Post:

Eagleye (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

Is anybody notice that this year we didn't see any firmware 5.0 beta? when in past years by the end of April the first beta was out for Developes to upgrade there apps... just my 2 cents...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monchy36 For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (05-04-2011), Poseidon79 (05-04-2011)

just get an iphone 6 it will be a total redesign atleast unlike the 5 thats gonna look the same I have an iphone 4 and im happy with it and will stay happy with it for another 2 years

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

there is no reason to upgrade the i4 yet. Is there? what can't the i4 do that people are waiting for?
    NFC?
    dual core?
    more mega pixels?

who cares.....

will it make better phone calls???

sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by monchy36 View Post
    Is anybody notice that this year we didn't see any firmware 5.0 beta? when in past years by the end of April the first beta was out for Developes to upgrade there apps... just my 2 cents...
    These are not your 2 cents. There is no statement here, only a question.

With that said I do agree with you. I believe that if the iPhone 5 is delayed so will iOS 5. Every new iOS coincided with the new iPhone. Don't see Apple releasing iOS 5 (in June/July, like before) well before the iPhone 5 (if delayed as rumors insist).

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steeda763 View Post
    Considering sales figures, I think it's pretty safe to say that the vast majority of iPhone users are on 4 right now, which means that nearly nobody's going to be out of contract should the iPhone 5 hit this Summer. Sales of the 5 would initially pale in comparison to last year's model, so I figured they'd push the launch back as far as possible to rope more people into the early upgrade window.

Or they want the Verizon and AT&T versions to launch simultaneously, and the Verizon phone isn't done yet due to whatever reasons (i.e., LTE, CDMA radios, etc).

Or building supplies are limited due to Japan's recent catastrophes.

Also consider that it'd be silly to launch a different-colored version of last year's model 2 months before announcing the new model. They're staving off the iHungry crowds with the white phone.
    All very plausible points. Good post!

No June or July, but what about September? Im with everyone else, still stuck on 3GS and really hope when they do release a 5 it isn't just a "super magical" iphone 4S or something.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    just get an iphone 6 it will be a total redesign atleast unlike the 5 thats gonna look the same I have an iphone 4 and im happy with it and will stay happy with it for another 2 years
    Did you really just mention an iPhone 6? LOL...
    Last edited by Eagleye; 05-04-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've had every iPhone released and was bored with it. So I bought the samsung captivate, I had that phone for 2 months and came crawling back to the iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vikas3saraswat View Post
    Guys: I am a hard core Mac Guy and got Evey idevice in launch day but got so bored using same phone everyday.
    So thought of android.
    So I shpopped around for a good Andre phone with some good plan as I use 3- 4 minutes a month on att. So my bill is 139 a month with att.
    finally I have got Tmobile 4g with UN talk,test, web for 79.
    Mind you, 4G speed is blew me away.
    And Tmobile gave me a credit of 175 towards my bill because I will be paying 135 to att, for early termination
    And I purchased LG G2X phone. Wow I loved the phone.

This phone is rock solid twin.core with 4G.
    You can check it out, and AI also saved some $45 q month and did not suffer a penalty.
    What you guys think. Did I took the right decision.
    No you did not. Take it back. You do not deserve a phone.

Apple for sure will release a dual core phone this year, they'd be crazy not to.
    I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    I hope the devs don't wait for this iPhone to come out before the they release the iPad 2 jailbreak.

MuscleNerd is showing some progress in dumping the A5 bootrom.
    Can't wait for A5 jailbreak hope the rumor is true about MuscleNerd dumping it

yes, iphone is getting bored now. it's coming every year and only a lil improvement from one generation to another. no matter how fast you phone are, your 3g network still sux. it like you have an i7 porcess with a dial-up moderm
    Last edited by cat2115; 05-04-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Yes! Great decision. The iPhone is becoming so boring now. I've also had all four versions of the iPhone and currently use the iPhone 4, but I'm just waiting for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 to be released in the USA. I can't wait to say bye to Apple and all their BS restrictions!
    I'm not sure what you guys are doing with your iPhones to make them boring... Maybe if you were unjailbroken??? I love my iPhone and I can't think of one time i have been bored with it. Lol just ask my fiancé

On another note I am not going to believe any rumors because I like being surprised. I hope apple surprises all of us.

I dont believe anything unless it comes from steve jobs. If they postpone the launch till september i will be very surprised. But i guess we will all wait and see
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (05-04-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by <(O)> Device View Post
    Can't wait for A5 jailbreak hope the rumor is true about MuscleNerd dumping it
    Well it's not a rumor, he posted this Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

He found it in the bootloader.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    I'm not sure what you guys are doing with your iPhones to make them boring... Maybe if you were unjailbroken??? I love my iPhone and I can't think of one time i have been bored with it. Lol just ask my fiancé

On another note I am not going to believe any rumors because I like being surprised. I hope apple surprises all of us.
    sure with apps yes it's not bored. but the design and not much of an improvement from one to another generation. yes i can see for those who don't have iphone and planning to get ip5 but i can't see those who had ip4 and eagerly wanting ip5 so bad. yes an A5 but still your data connection is sux. as i mention earlier, it's like you have a super faster pc but with a dail-up moderm. i can't speak for 4G since mind is 3G att and it sux compare to the price i pay for data.

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    Well it's not a rumor, he posted this Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

He found it in the bootloader.
    Ohhh ok I thought it was just a rumor. That's good news then! can't wait for the release of the jailbreak!

I've purchased every iPhone so far, I'm happy with my mods on my iPhone 4. No interest in the white one, I purchased the white kit months back. I'd really like to have a clear front plate if that is possible. I purchased a clear back plate last week, its pretty cool. I just believe the white iPhone 4 was this years release of the iPhone, 2012 we'll see the 5.

Honestly, the employees at AT&T and most of the Apple employees know nothing what so ever or act as if they don't know when a new device is coming out, iv been told numerous times by AT&T and Apple that a device wasn't coming out when in fact it was. Sooo until theres true and confirmed evidence that the iPhone 5 isn't coming out this summer its not necessarily true.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast