+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft to iOS Developers: Come Here My Sweet

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I will beta test Windows 8 when they give me a copy to beta test for them ane when they provide support, just as I did with Window 7 Microsoft
    Thanks

I will beta test Windows 8 when they give me a copy to beta test for them ane when they provide support, just as I did with Window 7
    Microsoft release and support betas, to use a 'leaked' version is just stupid.
    I beta test all sorts of things, but always with the authors support, otherwise you are just asking for trouble.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I will beta test Windows 8 when they give me a copy to beta test for them ane when they provide support, just as I did with Window 7
    Microsoft release and support betas, to use a 'leaked' version is just stupid.
    I beta test all sorts of things, but always with the authors support, otherwise you are just asking for trouble.
    I understand what you're saying, I just don't agree. But really what's the worst that could happen testing an early beta. Worst case, you reload your previous OS. it's not gonna melt anything internal. So my thinking is why not? Granted I'm a stay at home dad so I have ample time on my hands thru out the day.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
    Oh I don't know, to try it out maybe? Why do Apple fan boys quickly jump at any criticism they can make for what a PC user does with their machine?

If you don't see the purpose behind trying beta software, then why do you have an iPad or iPhone? Because you WANT one?

Beta software gives you an insider look behind what's coming in the future and Microsoft releases betas "unofficially" on purpose. Why? Because unlike Apple, Microsoft gives a crap what we think about it's future software and development. They don't just keep us in the dark and limit quantities to us.

I love my iPhone but I will always believe Windows>OSX now and forever. I've never had a virus or a crash and I love beta releases and how improved Windows has become since XP.
    Very well said sir.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lost my 3gs adnt want to waphone4 so got myself an unlocked samsung focus to bridge me till iphone5 ...and i am seriously beginning to consider just keeping it for longer ...windows phone7 is sweet,good looking and unlike android,not just a copy of the iphones UI .... Windows phone major drawback right now is the apps,or the lack of them ....in that sense msft is doing the right things by seducing ;-) iphone developers
    I have an ipad and bin an iphone fan but honestly,the ios is beginning to feel a little stale and even tho iphone4 has a stunning display,at the end of the day it was the same old icons in the same old grid pattern,plus i am pissed at apple for not giving the first ipad a camera, what are we millionaires to keep buying such stuff every year !( so me is waiting on ipad 3 rather, or somebody to come up with a tablet as good ..and not android,android i find boring and un-innovative ....my 2 sense :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually love windows phone. The amount of bias in that OP was... lots, although not unexpected.
    I gave windows phone a shot after a few years of iOS. I wanted something new, or to be more specific, refreshing. And I wanted to steer well clear of the monstrosity that is Android.

People give Windows Phone a really hard time, I've had people talk to me about how much it sucks, I mean," it's a mobile OS by Microsoft and it has NO APPS"
    then they sit down and use it for a while. A couple of my friends have even gone as far as buying one afterwards. It's an incredibly slick OS, I can do things faster than I ever could manage on my iOS devices, and I've found just as many great apps (i'm talking good apps, not the 30,000 'lite' and fart apps on the AppStore)
    Now don't get me wrong, I love iOS as well, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this on my iPad right now, but all I'm saying is give WP7 a chance. It's pretty damn good if you take the time to look at it with more than just a passing glance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

Earlier this week Microsoft announced an API Mapping tool help iPhone/iOS developers "find their way when they discover the Windows Phone platform."

The API Mapping tool acts as a translation device for iOS developers unfamiliar with Windows Phone 7 coding language. The mapping tool does this by allowing iOS developers to pick out the iOS API calls and quickly look up "equivalent classes, methods and notification events in WP7."
    Source: Microsoft
    Repeat after me: Wine Is Not an Emulator.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123