Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 161 to 178 of 178

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Why Jailbreak Your iPhone? Jay Freeman Has the Answer

  1. #161
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    I thought I would create this video for some of the members of the forum that are debating whether to jailbreak or not. Its really all about customization of the user interface opening up a whole new world on your iPhone. Enjoy! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVi0_dXpGfA]YouTube - White iPhone 4 vs Jailbroken White iPhone 4[/ame]
    Last edited by mikerlx; 05-01-2011 at 03:00 PM.

  2. #162
    Video is deleted

    EDIT Working again?!

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    So whats that twitter thing called he used on his phone. PLEASE HELP i need clarification
    Hahaa.

    I cant find it anywhere guyz!! =P
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Trypt4mine View Post
    Hahaa.

    I cant find it anywhere guyz!! =P
    That twitter thing called: Qtweeter, or something that way

  5. #165
    I have a question. So it's not OK to talk about warez at all correct? However, we support MyWi and the discussion of it because it's "OK" to steal a service even if we as a group disagree with at&t? Makes absolutely no sense to me and it seems we're all a bunch of hypocrites in this a bit. So don't steal apps kids, but run right out and get MyWi so you can steal data. Congrats on the paradox guys. at&t says it's "illegal" in their eyes if you use a tether application and don't have a the plan on your account, but we'll all just ignore them because after-all, we decide here as a group the laws and boundaries by which we follow and support as a community. Just wanted to point that out so the next time a mod talks about banning someone for talking about "warez", they should read through some of the apps we support on Cydia and see what they ACTUALLY do. Stealing is stealing regardless if you agree with the big bad at&t or not, so in a way we actually support that here. lol

    EDIT: YouTube has removed the video. Wonder who was behind that.
    Last edited by ronfin44; 05-01-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

  6. #166
    Plenty of people have tethering allowed on their account so MyWi in itself is not illegal.
    Using MyWi on AT&T without tethering on your contract is breaking the T&C of your contract not breaking the law (which wares are) - that is the distinction made by the moderators, one I happen to disagree with but am in the minority.
    AT&T do not offer tethering as an option on the unlimited plan I believe which is often used as a justification of this anomaly.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  7. #167
    What's Jailbreak? JacketPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i found myself loving my phone even more since the first time i made it jailbroken. but somehow i get this mystical assumption that there are consequences for every actions that i made, and on this case, installing tweaks. now, my phone won't even recognize the normal wifi network i used to connect with. my battery life dropped significantly after i install springtomize. even though i won't quit on the jailbreak, but if this things has another solutions.. then i will be more certain why i have my phone jailbroken.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Plenty of people have tethering allowed on their account so MyWi in itself is not illegal.
    Using MyWi on AT&T without tethering on your contract is breaking the T&C of your contract not breaking the law (which wares are) - that is the distinction made by the moderators, one I happen to disagree with but am in the minority.
    AT&T do not offer tethering as an option on the unlimited plan I believe which is often used as a justification of this anomaly.


    You wouldn't need MyWi if you had a legitimate tethering account. Lets not argue semantics. MyWi wasn't created as an at&t alternative. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

  9. #169
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JacketPod View Post
    i found myself loving my phone even more since the first time i made it jailbroken. but somehow i get this mystical assumption that there are consequences for every actions that i made, and on this case, installing tweaks. now, my phone won't even recognize the normal wifi network i used to connect with. my battery life dropped significantly after i install springtomize. even though i won't quit on the jailbreak, but if this things has another solutions.. then i will be more certain why i have my phone jailbroken.
    I would do a clean restore then use redsn0w to jb. When I find symptoms like that sometimes I forget what method or program I used previously to jb, so its best to start fresh.

  10. #170
    iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Aww, YouTube removed it, sadly.

  11. #171
    However, once you get a taste of the freedom that jailbreaking brings with it, you may never want to go back.


    Oh how true indeed.....
    If you need help, drop me a message.

  12. #172
    Yeah, why did YouTube remove the video? Curious to say the least.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  13. #173
    What's Jailbreak? JacketPod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I would do a clean restore then use redsn0w to jb. When I find symptoms like that sometimes I forget what method or program I used previously to jb, so its best to start fresh.
    yeah, i think i'll try that.. thanks for the advice. will post for the result

  14. #174
    What is the plugin/tweak that when he switches his springboard pages it displays a cool graphic

  15. #175
    Default Yeah, only...
    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post


    You wouldn't need MyWi if you had a legitimate tethering account. Lets not argue semantics. MyWi wasn't created as an at&t alternative. *sigh*
    Hi there!

    I understand the points you've been making about consistent application of moral and legal principles, and I can relate to your frustration; which is precisely why I can't let you throw MyWi under the bus. The app does more - much more- than simply open a wormhole allowing us lowly peasants to siphon precious bits from AT&T's golden tank.

    MyWi offers features like the option to create a wifi hotspot, bluetooth tethering, and a background service running on other idevices that allow them to automatically use your connection just by entering the room with you.

    If people using a legitimate tool or service to circumvent the law is grounds for condemnation of the tool or service, then we might as well just close up shop as a modern civilization. The Internet would have to go, roadside bombs are triggered by cell phones - so all of them would have to go. Guns - well, that's self explanatory. Oh, and a librarian got stabbed in the head with a pen on the Subway in Manhattan last week - so put down your pens you filthy criminals.

    Just some food for thought.

  16. #176
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    I have a question. So it's not OK to talk about warez at all correct? However, we support MyWi and the discussion of it because it's "OK" to steal a service even if we as a group disagree with at&t? Makes absolutely no sense to me and it seems we're all a bunch of hypocrites in this a bit. So don't steal apps kids, but run right out and get MyWi so you can steal data. Congrats on the paradox guys. at&t says it's "illegal" in their eyes if you use a tether application and don't have a the plan on your account, but we'll all just ignore them because after-all, we decide here as a group the laws and boundaries by which we follow and support as a community. Just wanted to point that out so the next time a mod talks about banning someone for talking about "warez", they should read through some of the apps we support on Cydia and see what they ACTUALLY do. Stealing is stealing regardless if you agree with the big bad at&t or not, so in a way we actually support that here. lol

    EDIT: YouTube has removed the video. Wonder who was behind that.
    Uh wrong thread dude,
    Hey didn't I see you taking pens from work and not leaving a tip at lunch?

  17. #177
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,826
    Thanks
    553
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Lol@Settings app not launching. Oops! Saurik is the man.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

    coolguy742 (05-05-2011)

  19. #178
    iPhoneaholic s0ulp1xel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    HiltonHeadIsland, SC
    Posts
    462
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts

    Jay rocks!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •