+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Smuggle Truck Gets Raided at Border

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The mysterious entity that is the Apple review board for applications rejected the app Smuggle Truck nearly three weeks ago. The game, developed by Owlchemy Labs, is a slightly more
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Smuggle Truck Gets Raided at Border

The mysterious entity that is the Apple review board for applications rejected the app Smuggle Truck nearly three weeks ago. The game, developed by Owlchemy Labs, is a slightly more controversial version of their Apple friendly game Snuggle Truck available for iOS devices.

In Smuggle Truck the objective is to navigate a truck filled with illegal immigrants through a series of obstacles. Immigrants can be hurled out of the truck and die if you suck. In Snuggle Truck, which was born after the first app was rejected, the objective is to take stuffed animals to the zoo where they'll be taken care of.

High-Five for good taste.

Owlchemy Labs intends to release Smuggle Truck on their own for Macs and PCs. In a statement on their website the developers defended their original immigrant laden title:

Smuggle Truck was inspired by the frustration our friends have experienced in trying to immigrate to the United States. With such a troublesome issue being largely avoided in popular media, especially video games, we felt the best way to criticize it was with an interactive satire.
    The developers intentions seem genuine enough, but the last place immigration reform is going to start is with a physics-based platforming video game. However, most of the reviews have been positive and the controversy could end up spurring sales for the Boston based developers. Smuggle Truck is available for Mac and PC now for $5.

Sources: Owlchemy Labs, LA Times

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahaha, sounds like fun!!! The video demo on YouTube says it would be released for iDevices last month..... Shows you how long apple has kept it from the AppStore.

Now we just need a game that's about stopping terrorist missions and a fun little game about torturing Bin Laden for the rest of his pathetic life!!!!
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 04-30-2011 at 01:55 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Poor poor illegals.... god forbid we have fun at their expense. Of course that could all be solved if they didn't try and enter this country illegally, but why hurt their feelings as they're breaking our laws. I would of bought smuggle truck but snuggle truck? No thanks.

Their "reason" for the game is funnier than the concept of the game IMHO. How about instead of making a game to bring their "struggle" to the attention of all, they just tell them to stay in their own country until they can come here legally like millions before them have done. Just an idea.
    Last edited by rkswat; 04-29-2011 at 11:14 PM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rkswat For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (04-29-2011), javiert30 (04-30-2011), trevorftard (04-30-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Poor poor illegals.... god forbid we have fun at their expense. Of course that could all be solved if they didn't try and enter this country illegally, but why hurt their feelings as they're breaking our laws. I would of bought smuggle truck but snuggle truck? No thanks.

Their "reason" for the game is funnier than the concept of the game IMHO. How about instead of making a game to bring their "struggle" to the attention of all, they just tell them to stay in their own country until they can come here legally like millions before them have done. Just an idea.
    EXACTLY!! Or maybe we should feel sorry for the poor, poor illegals who can't make the entire journey to the country and are unable to experience the American dream. Oh-no!!! What ever shall we do?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All this immigrant bashing is pretty sickening. Are you all married to your sisters too? As long as we keep blaming the illegals for our economic woes, we won't be laying blame where it belongs...on the greedy rich and multinational corporations.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to organik For This Useful Post:

2006yamahaR6 (04-30-2011), 96hondaex (05-01-2011), stereosympathy (04-30-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,085 Times in 437 Posts

I always find it somewhat funny and hippocratic whenever someone talks smack about illegal immigration, because everyone who is "American" is actually a decedent of someone who immigrated with no legal agreement with the native Americans so they were considered illegal too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao woww

Thanks

Useless news thread

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by organik View Post
    All this immigrant bashing is pretty sickening. Are you all married to your sisters too? As long as we keep blaming the illegals for our economic woes, we won't be laying blame where it belongs...on the greedy rich and multinational corporations.
    At no time did I say anything about economic woes. My issue is that fact that some, including you it seems, want me to feel sorry for people trying to illegally enter this country and how hard it is to do so. I understand, in the case of illegals from south of the border, their country is **** with very corrupt people running it and drug cartels mass murdering people.... that sucks and all but it's not my problem. THEY put up with the corruption in their country and have done so for many, many years. How about instead of coming to this country and trying to make a better life they step up and make their own country a better place to live?

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Sand View Post
    I always find it somewhat funny and hippocratic whenever someone talks smack about illegal immigration, because everyone who is "American" is actually a decedent of someone who immigrated with no legal agreement with the native Americans so they were considered illegal too.
    I feel for the native people that were here before I was born that were systematically killed, removed from their land and basically buggered but I have no control over that. I do however have some what limited control over this issue via the power of my vote. I am very liberal in my political views except when it comes to guns and illegal immigration. Millions came to this country legally and there is no reason it can't be done in the same way today, except that they feel it is their right to enter our country illegally to have a better life. Here in Co. the pro illegal immigration crowd has "rallies" holding signs saying "I'm not a criminal".... well if you entered this country illegally yes you are. Why should they be treated any different than any other common criminal just because their country and life in said country is crap?

Off topic but not sure how on topic you can be with this thread.
    Last edited by rkswat; 04-30-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks

ModMyi should just delete this, it's gonna get stupid and people will end up showing there true colors over this whole topic...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    ModMyi should just delete this, it's gonna get stupid and people will end up showing there true colors over this whole topic...
    Dido

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Before you suggest that the problem is strictly economics try taking a look at the percentage of illegal aliens in our state and federal prisons for violent crimes. A friend of mine who lived on the border and provided water for crossers was mudered by a drug smuggler.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigir For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (04-30-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

This is gonna turn ugly...it's already starting so mmi delete it before it gets worse

Thanks

I like how people seem to want to suck the fun out of everything these days yay for the politically correct minority with the combined sense of humour of a damp sock. Way to go, guys 

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Deleting a thread is not necessary just because people have different beliefs. I do understand that this topic is one that will have a broad display of opinions though. It's politics, and it seems as though there can /never/ be a correct answer in such a discussion. It could indeed become a VERY heated matter..... And That's why I understand what you're getting at. Is it a controversial topic??? That's for damn sure!!!!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GellBrake'rrrr For This Useful Post:

blkcadi (04-30-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think i miss understood the topic lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is just retarded comments why would you talk smack about immigrants and also try to say that economy or politics are bad because of illegal people, makes no sense. What about politicians try to f&@k this country with wars wasting billions of dollars and we have to pay for this bs ... Wait how? What about taxes or expenses like gas ($5.00 a gallon) or what about jobs opportunities to a lot of people that is unemployed or got laid off , yea let's just blame this on the immigrants . Not the people that runs this country , or any other country in the same situation or worst . !! People before you try to comment think about on what you write before writing trash

Thank you .

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

TAKEOURJOBS.ORG

I also laugh inside when I hear people talking about making immigrants go back to their own country.

If it wasn't for immigrants, none of you would be here. What is american? European, African, Chinese, Mexican, Spanish, Italian, Japanese? The list goes on.

In 300 years everyone will look the same LoL.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 04-30-2011 at 02:26 AM.
    Shut up troll.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CabooseLoL View Post
    TAKEOURJOBS.ORG
    I also laugh inside when I hear people talking about making immigrants go back to their own country.
    No one said anything about immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy991414 View Post
    I just think that u guys r so ignorant and shouldnt be aloud to post anything we r all people and that's what we will always be
    What?
    Last edited by rkswat; 04-30-2011 at 05:29 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

^meh, it's late and I'm just randomly blearting things out that make me "LoL"^
    Shut up troll.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast