Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PR Nightmare Continues: White iPhone 4 Thicker Than Its Sibling

have to agree with Poseidon79 here, i am normally cynical of some of this iphone 5, ipad 3 reporting that is rumoursome on this site

but this news item strikes me as fair enough, straight factual reporting - its a fact.

so at least this lets potential white ip4 buyers know, whereas there is a good chance some may not have known, at least now they can make informed purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Please.. enlighten us on what "real news" is in your expert opinion.
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Quaddy For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (04-29-2011), kingbijan (04-29-2011), OvMeyb (04-29-2011), Poseidon79 (05-01-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    You mean black on white?
    Not sure if I understand your question?

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

All this trouble for a phone that doesn't even do anything new except exist in a different color. It's funny I rarely see a naked iPhone of any version. Almost everyone has a case. I think I've seen one white iPhone without a case in public. I'm not trying to bash I just don't see the point of waiting a whole year just to get a different color iPhone, when probably in the end you're just gonna get a case that covers most of the white.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGrandFinale2001 For This Useful Post:

OvMeyb (04-29-2011), SE73N (04-30-2011)

Ok I have a solution for those critical of the size. If/when you buy this white ip4 simply run it on a belt sander and take .1mm off the front and .1mm off the back. The edges maybe a little sharp bit that's ok, then polish the glass and it'll be fine lmao.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    That is not true. I have the Defender otterbox case
    I have a defender case on my ip4 as well as a front and back zagg shield that seems rather thick, and it still fits fine. It should be OK unless the tolerance is towards the negative side.

Why does everyone complain about MMI being late or posting threads that is "not news worthy" but still check the forums news everyday? Please keep those type of comments to your self or don't comment at all. I don't check 10 different sites to see who posted the news first or really care who is the first.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Striknine For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (04-29-2011), OvMeyb (04-29-2011), Poseidon79 (04-29-2011)

Get a grip. I mean, seriously are you pretending this utter crap is news??? I believed you were insightful, clearly I was wrong.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spamsalad View Post
    Get a grip. I mean, seriously are you pretending this utter crap is news??? I believed you were insightful, clearly I was wrong.
    I can ban you if you'd like

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Doran (04-29-2011), moon#pie (04-29-2011), slickric (04-29-2011), steve-z17 (04-29-2011)

let's talk about the weather

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Good lord!!! .2?!?!! It be ok if it were .1 hell even .19999 repeated but .2!!! Were all gonna die!!! (jk) not a big deal but of effects any of the ways a case fits simply don't buy it

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, nothing like a nice ban to start the day!

I think it's crazy if you had an iPhone 4 and sold it to get the White iP4 just because it's a different color. It's definitely not an upgrade at all, so now you have to wait to upgrade to the i5 or pay a shiz load of money for it. That's just my opinion though

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhals View Post
    let's talk about the weather
    Agreed. It's cloudy where I am

How many people are you going to ban for their critique on your "news"? All I can see is you trying to defend an unjustifiable position. You covered something that was of zero interest to anyone whatsoever. I will give you some advice: it is better to remain quiet and thought a fool rather than open your mouth and prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Now stop threatening people with your inane rants. Kind regards.

The weather is sunny where I am!!

But really, the entire "White iPhone 4" news is getting to be funny. I mean, at this point, Apple should have just stuck with the black phone. How many people out there really decided to not get an iPhone 4 until this weekend until the 'white' is available?
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

How many people are you going to ban for their critique on your "news"? All I can see is you trying to defend an unjustifiable position. You covered something that was of zero interest to anyone whatsoever. I will give you some advice: it is better to remain quiet and thought a fool rather than open your mouth and prove it beyond reasonable doubt. Now stop threatening people with your inane rants. Kind regards.
    you should heed your own advice.

obviously you dont watch the news often. most news outlets have been covering the royal wedding like its the return of jesus. who cares about that?

why does it bother you so much that a fact is being shared? because whether you find it "news worthy" or not, it is indeed fact.

in other news its pretty cloudy here in midtown manhattan, but its still pretty nice out. oh and its friday!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kadernal For This Useful Post:

kingbijan (04-29-2011), Poseidon79 (04-29-2011)

C'mon I know what you're all thinking... Is it to big? Is it to small? (*wait for it..).. Would my gf like it if I had more "girth" ;oP

I find it simply ridiculous quoting pr disaster continues. Yes, I agree it's a fact but am sorry it is not by any stretch of the imagination news worthy. Threatening to ban me and others for politely pointing this our beggars belief. Yep, royal wedding has been a nightmare and am in the UK!!

P.s. I hope mmi sack the complete imbecile for talking to it's forum members like that.
    Last edited by spamsalad; 04-29-2011 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sigh

4 different sizes for THE EXACT SAME PHONE = FAIL

What's Jailbreak? colorado_junkie's Avatar
    Thanks

"PR Nightmare continues:"

This world is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions....forty years of darkness, iPhone's tracking individuals locations, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mis-match in sizes of colored iPhone's.....mass hysteria!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to colorado_junkie For This Useful Post:

spamsalad (04-29-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Unfortunetly for you, what is regarded as "news worthy" is a matter of opinion. I suggest you go start your own tech blog and then you can be the supreme decision maker and only write what YOU think people want to read about (or in this case what YOU care about). Come back in a year and let us know how that works out for you.

BTW... some of the other sites you may want to go b1tch at that ran the same story: PC Mag, CNN International, msnbc, Huffington Post, Mobile Crunch, ZDnet, TIME, Wired, CNET, Apple Insider... once you get done with those come back and I'll expand my list.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

KBI2113 (04-30-2011), slickric (04-29-2011)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast